****NEDERLAND VS LUMBERTON/WHO TAKES FINAL PLAYOFF SPOT?*****

Guest JoesBros

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I know they got shelled tonight.....and purple blood runs through my veins...........PNG is in, so....... this becomes an MC homer pick.......I'm going with Nederland regrouping big and winning 28-24...........

What a freaking game..........One team looking for year #12 in a row...............the other looking for #1 ....EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!   What a finish this will be!!!!!!!!

Guest 87CRU79

Nederland has to take the field w/ some sort of urgency this week, I haven't seen it all year. Almost as if this team expects to walk on the field and just get another tally in the win column. There needs to be some enthusiam, and that comes from leadership. If Ned plays like they did tonight, baseball is gonna start early this year.

Oh yeah....can some one please teach these kids to tackle! My grandma has better technique than most of the guys I saw tonight on defense.

Well this is the week we have ALL been waiting on. I didn't expect Nederland to go down to Dayton as bad as the did (I did pick dayton but WOW). With as much as is riding on this game I think the Raiders win in a close fought game. it may be an all out score fest. Lumbertons secondary has still not impressed me they had better STEP it up BIG!!

Guest maverick24

We have been playing flat for the last two or three games.  This will wake them up.  Look at what happened after the Central game last year.

I hate to tell you armchair QB's this but  nothing GOOd can come from a Beat Down like this. I dont care what the fans say The Ned players know that they just got beat bad and now they play a team next week that beat this team. I don't think the Ned players will quit but trust me NOTHING GOOD comes from a 63-0 beat down.

Lumberton wins and they are in.  Nederland can win and not get in, if PNG beats Dayton, Ned must win by 10.

I don't think the magic number is 10 I think it is 9.

A Dayton win makes the Lumberton and Nederland game an elimination game.

The winner is in the loser is out.

Lumberton can still advance with a loss of less than 9 if PN-G beats Dayton.

The point spreads with Nederland Dayton and Lumberton are....

Dayton has played both.

-1 against Lumberton and +16 against Nederland (you only get credit for 16 points)  Their sum is +15.  (Dayton is in in a three way tie)

Lumberton has +1

Nederland is -16

A 9 point Nederland win makes the points...

Dayton +15

Nederland -16 + 9 = -7

Lumberton +1 - 9 = -8

An 8 point Nederland win makes the points

Dayton +15

Lumberton +1 - 8 = -7

Nederland - 16 + 8 = -8

So......

With a PN-G win Lumberton starts the game with an 8 point "comfort zone".

With a Dayton win, Lumberton MUST win to get in.

Nederland has to take the field w/ some sort of urgency this week, I haven't seen it all year. Almost as if this team expects to walk on the field and just get another tally in the win column. There needs to be some enthusiam, and that comes from leadership. If Ned plays like they did tonight, baseball is gonna start early this year.

Oh yeah....can some one please teach these kids to tackle! My grandma has better technique than most of the guys I saw tonight on defense.

Its more than just that. They don't seem to have a killer instinct, there is no violence in their game. Even if a team has a weak defense you can see that they are HITTING people. You never see anyone really hitting anyone, even when the opportunities present, never. No form tackling, no nose to nose contact, wrap em up and ride em down. Just glancing blows, and a lot of hugging. The hit by Grogan last week against LCM is the only memorable hit I can think of this year. I dont want to say they do not care because I think they do,,,, I know they do. But it sure looks like the kids are playing very cautiously and with no visible passion, almost like they are being coached to not be too agressive but its being taken to the extreme. It's almost eerie to watch. It's like they are so afraid that they are going to be over agressive or over pursue and get beaten that they have let discipline turn into fear. Whatever it is,,, it looks like fear at the first sign of a challenge.

It would be great to see them throw caution to the wind and give up a possible touchdown or penalty to put someone on their BUTT, repeatedly with extreme prejudice. It cant get much worse than a 63 point game. What do you have to lose? At least you go down with heart and looking like a football team.

The fans are not helping either. There is about 1 fan audibly supporting the team for every 100 that just sit there and watch silently. Our fans used to at least stand up and make some noise when the defense is on the field, especially on 3rd downs. Now even on 4th and goal at the 1 and the other team going for it, all but just a scant few sit and watch in silence for 4 straight quarters no matter what.

Watch Lumbertons fans next Friday,,,, that is what we USED to look and sound like.  :-[ >:(

Right there with you MIKE... This started out as a great year for us and it still is, we are sitting at 7-2, pretty respectable, but I have never been so disappointed in the lack of urgency amongst players especially, but also the fans... When the players ran through the tunnel before the 2nd half started, I wanted to throw up because all I saw was quit tattooed on their foreheads from just the way they came out... It's up to the players next week... They have to come out and prove that they belong in the playoffs.... Where is the intensity I saw against Brenham?? Unless the players come out and show us something, then we dont deserve to be in the playoffs.. our fans make me sick this year... just dont go to the game if you are going to sit their and stare like you are watching paint dry...

Right there with you MIKE... This started out as a great year for us and it still is, we are sitting at 7-2, pretty respectable, but I have never been so disappointed in the lack of urgency amongst players especially, but also the fans... When the players ran through the tunnel before the 2nd half started, I wanted to throw up because all I saw was quit tattooed on their foreheads from just the way they came out... It's up to the players next week... They have to come out and prove that they belong in the playoffs.... Where is the intensity I saw against Brenham?? Unless the players come out and show us something, then we dont deserve to be in the playoffs.. our fans make me sick this year... just dont go to the game if you are going to sit their and stare like you are watching paint dry...

If you remember, I said after the PNG game that even though the game was essentially tied at the half 14-13 that the Indians RAN off the field fired up and ready to keep going. The Dogs WALKED off the field, heads down, hands on hips, looking totally defeated. The PNG fans were going berserk, our fans were collectively just sitting there barely clapping like they had just watched the NHS choir perform their rendition on Ave' Maria.  Has Friday Night gotten to be passe' for Nederland? Has Bulldog football been good for long enough that the community and the kids are losing interest, has the new worn off or something?

I said it in another post. I saw Lumberton play PNG 2 weeks ago. Bulldog fans,,, watch Lumbertons fans... That is what WE used to look and sound like!! Although I thought the bubbles were gay,,, I sure do miss the cheers and the bubbles. Maybe the band needs to start playing Smoke on the Water again or something.

i was there and all the noise in the world would not help a team that gives up or  dont step up  what will this accomplish ?? ok fans scream holler then what?? and for what?? like i said in an earlier post kids as well as coaches were standing on sidelines with no life at all i mean none. and they are the ones on the field not the fans. fans normally have a reason to make noise  had none at all last night look at the stats.

I will be there to support the Dogs this weekend at Lumberton. I am concerned with our lack of physical play though. We are a one-dimensional passing team and have been all season long. We do not have much of a running game to speak of. When you play against a good defense and are extremely one-dimensional, you are going to have a lot of 3 and outs. That is exactly what happened last night. Add to that the fact that Dayton was doing whatever they wanted and we made very few tackles on first contact and you have the massacre that happened last night.

Here is my take. Nederland will have to score in the 30's to beat Lumberton. Lumberton is a physical team and probably most closely resembles PN-G than any other team in the district. Our glimmer of hope here though may be Lumberton's pass defense which a few of their fans have questions about. That is the one thing that Nederland usually does well is pass the football. Our defense will have to have one of their best games of the season and hopefully want to put some hits on the Raider ballcarriers this week. Lord knows we did not hit ANYBODY last night.

This game is really interesting in my opinion. I am not sure which team has more pressure on them. Is it the Dogs who have an 11-year playoff streak on the line and coming off a 63-point shutout loss? Or, is it the Raiders who are asking 16,17,and 18 year old kids to erase 40 years of futility and finally crack into the playoffs? There will be a lot of pressure on both sides. Lumberton will have great fan support and the homefield advantage. Our fans really need to kick it up a notch. I hope Neumann has some tricks up his sleeve this week and has this team ready. They sure weren't ready last night. With that said, I will be there to watch the Dogs and hopefully get to see them a few more times this season if all goes well in Lumberton.

i was there and all the noise in the world would not help a team that gives up or  dont step up  what will this accomplish ?? ok fans scream holler then what?? and for what?? like i said in an earlier post kids as well as coaches were standing on sidelines with no life at all i mean none. and they are the ones on the field not the fans. fans normally have a reason to make noise  had none at all last night look at the stats.

You are right, last night it would not have made any difference at all.  However in close games, sometimes fan noise & support can make a difference.  If that happens to be the case this week, Bulldog fans need to respond. 

Guest maverick24

If it makes any kind of noise bring it... i dont care what it is....

SORRY All the noise in the world wont help you stop the Raidernation Running game.

All I ask is Please after the Beat Down Friday no crying about Refs, Injuries or what ever other excuse yall can come up with. Just tip your hats and say good game.

I heard all the ( I promise and I Gaurantee Coach will have us ready for Dayton) last week! Show up and watch History.  After the game yall will no longer wonder How we beat Dayton.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder