Because of Covid this is just wishful thinking

3 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

...but it was be dang awesome to somehow squeeze a United vs Atascocita (boys)/United vs H-J (girls) double header at some point before the playoffs...  

The problem is that this would have to be done before boys' district starts and, for the reason you noted, this year I don't know a coach that wants to waste a date on one that may be required for a makeup or playoff district games.

This particularly true given the problems that have befallen the United boys and girls this season!

6 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

The problem is that this would have to be done before boys' district starts and, for the reason you noted, this year I don't know a coach that wants to waste a date on one that may be required for a makeup or playoff district games.

This particularly true given the problems that have befallen the United boys and girls this season!

True, but they would be some darn good competitive games though...

me too... however.... I have never liked the concept of a warm up game.s, and have never played one..   At that point in the season, you know who your playoff opponents would be...

Unless you are a team that needs a morale boost, or are trying to up your win/loss % for seeding in the state tournament, there are few advantages and lots of disadvantages for these type of games (not talking about winning or taking losses..injuries/ $$ lost prep time for games that matter).... thats what the slate of 15-20 non district games are for...