Enrollment Numbers-- What did your school turn in???

Guest LSU FOOTBALL

well with about 30,000 people living in the nederland school district boundaries,

and about 25,000 people living in the Vidor school district boundaries,

its not safe to bet on anything.

Vidor is growing 2 tmes faster than people think it is,

and nederland has always been high.

I know several football coaches at the school and your numbers are way off. Vidor is around 1500

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 2 school districts in the Region 5 area are growing, Brookeland and Lumberton.  This comes directly from Region 5.

Explain to me why we have 400 million in Beaumont, 75 million in Orange, 100 million in PNG, another 100 million after 200 million just a year ago in Port Arthur and Nederland looking at probably 100 million on the ballot with only growth in Brookeland and Lumberton?

Guest Uhhh What?

well with about 30,000 people living in the nederland school district boundaries,

and about 25,000 people living in the Vidor school district boundaries,

its not safe to bet on anything.

Vidor is growing 2 tmes faster than people think it is,

and nederland has always been high.

This is quite curious to me.  Vidors numbers have been going down district wide for a few years now.  Where did you get your info?

Guest Uhhh What?

Explain to me why we have 400 million in Beaumont, 75 million in Orange, 100 million in PNG, another 100 million after 200 million just a year ago in Port Arthur and Nederland looking at probably 100 million on the ballot with only growth in Brookeland and Lumberton?

Millions????

Got to keep up with the Jones I guess.  As much of a sportsfan as I am I just do not undersand the money schools are pouring into stadiums for a mere 5 varsity game a year average.  Million dollar scoreboards, million dollars worth of turf......where does it end?

The previous statement about growth was given to all of the area school superintendents a few weeks back at Region 5.  The current trend is major growth on the I35 and I 45 corridors

I think a lot of towns are growing in population, but they are mostly the over 55 age group.  An example is Brownwood has 25,000 people but only 901 in the high school.  Over half their population is over 55.  They same thing is happening here in Woodville.

Many old arse buildings in the area, especially BISD.  It's not a growth need, but a replace these crappy buildings need......

I would be supprised if BC is under 700. With all the new homes going up in BC I would believe the school district is growing. I know that some of the new homes are owned by older people but not all of them. If the high school enrolement is going down it will be back up in a few years as the kids in school now get older. Also look for almost all of the schools in the area to increase in enrolement when Motiva starts hireing for their expansion project.

In addition to the above.........

BC's Class of '07 was about 160.  BC's Class of '10 (Soph's) is about 260.  (I had a kid graduate in '07, and have a kid in '10)

With '07 gone, they will show an increase, as it was always a small class in numbers which tended to pull the total down a little.  FYI - '06 was bout 220, as I recall.

30,000 people in nederland and 25,000 in vidor,that is funny.who is this guy?you would have to combine ned. and port neches to get that number?

I dont know if you read the statement all the way through, but it said there were that many people living in the SCHOOL DISTRICTS , which extends further than the city limit boundaries.  :D

I dont know if you read the statement all the way through, but it said there were that many people living in the SCHOOL DISTRICTS , which extends further than the city limit boundaries.  :D

I dont believe 25000 live in the Vidor district with Evadale less than 15 miles north and Orangefield 10 miles to the southnot to mention LCM district starts on HWY 12

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83