A little football news

Guest abovetherim

Guest abovetherim

I talked with a friend who attended the tip-off dinner a couple weeks ago. He attended the event with family members (who are well-known in the Lamar community) He was told by a very high ranking official at Lamar that there would be a student vote in January. If the students pass it (what UTSA just did), Lamar would start on renovations, hire coaches in the spring of '08. Recruiting students who would be red-shirted for the class in '09. Lamar would starting playing football in '10.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a student at Lamar. I live near the campus and I've heard a lot of talk about football returning to the school. My brother who is a freshman and I will support this issue anyway we can. Talking to others, being more involved with the SGA and definitely voting for football to return. I'll probably get my masters at Lamar so I'll still be around campus and will attend as many games as possible.

You will see the campus grow with new students after this thing passes!

Guest abovetherim

LamarJunior, you guys need to get involved with the SGA now! Help them get the word out about all the positives football will bring to Beaumont and Lamar University.

Ramirez, don't forget I love football too. I enjoy all the activities which go with having a football team probably a little more than the game itself. The marching band, twirlers, cheerleaders and dance-team and all the game day events. You can count me, Meagan and my roommate as voting for football to return to Lamar.

It willl be great once it is passed. I can see the first game as a sellout no matter who we play.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124