A little football news

Guest abovetherim

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest abovetherim

I got confirmation today from a very reliable source that LU football is a done deal and yes they are waiting on a student vote in ths early spring to finalize the deal.

;) 8) :) Thanks for the news Lazeek. You da man!

I guess since we have waited over 10 years, another couple months aren't going to hurt. I know I would not take the Lamar Football job. Think about it. Think about how important it is going to win, so people can say their alma mater is D1 (or FBS). Think about how hard it will be to get the "recruits" when you have a chemical plant literally in your view of the field. Think about how hard it will be to compete in the Southland at first. Think about the pressure from the Alumni. It will take a while to get everything rolling, but I am sure it will be done right. I will keep the coach in my prayers.

Guest abovetherim

I guess since we have waited over 10 years, another couple months aren't going to hurt. I know I would not take the Lamar Football job. Think about it. Think about how important it is going to win, so people can say their alma mater is D1 (or FBS). Think about how hard it will be to get the "recruits" when you have a chemical plant literally in your view of the field. Think about how hard it will be to compete in the Southland at first. Think about the pressure from the Alumni. It will take a while to get everything rolling, but I am sure it will be done right. I will keep the coach in my prayers.

Great points there LUPatriot!

Cough cough, 19 years...and hopefully we never join the slc in football.

Guest coachacola

We can forget getting someone like R.C. Slocum if Lamar stays in the SLC.  Hopefully Tubbs is working on getting Lamar into a D1A conference as soon as possible.

im a student at lamar and am in the know with some high up people and many have told me that its an almost certainty that we get football...and yes there will be a student referendum in january and recently lamar brought the idea up infront of the staff senate and expected to catch a ton of flack but in fact didn't catch ANY! you can bet when lamar gets football back i will be bringing that PN-G SPIRIT out there! AND NOT FROM THE STANDS!

im a student at lamar and am in the know with some high up people and many have told me that its an almost certainty that we get football...and yes there will be a student referendum in january and recently lamar brought the idea up infront of the staff senate and expected to catch a ton of flack but in fact didn't catch ANY! you can bet when lamar gets football back i will be bringing that PN-G SPIRIT out there! AND NOT FROM THE STANDS!

Great!!!! LU understands "football + economic boom = LU growth"      economic growth = new fan support from new people to this area = new students

Awesome

Guest coachacola

They do try to recruit local players for the basketball team, and there's always a couple of local players on the team.  But the top players usually go play for someone else.  Hall originally signed with Tulsa.  Brown from PA will sign with a Big 12 or similar program.  Kris Richard from Ozen signed with Tulane.  For any sport, they need to get the best players they can, no matter where they are from.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124