Hardin @ Buna Predictions?/Other Small School Game Of The Week!

Guest A-TOWN

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardin fans need to get your excusses ready, Buna is for real. Buna by at least two TD'S. Heck, maby Hardin can beat Kountze and get in, maby, maby.

Here are some examples:

Buna was just lucky to score 34 points on us.

The referees beat us. They really had it in for us.

Hardin would have scored more if Buna's defense would have gotten out of the way.

Our key player was not feeling well and was not at full speed.

Whoa Nelly, this is going to be a "jim dandy " of a game. If I were not going to be at the HF

game I would like to make it out for this one. I do not know much about either team so I am

going to hold my predictions. Good Luck to both teams, can't wait for the highlights.

Hardin fans need to get your excusses ready, Buna is for real. Buna by at least two TD'S. Heck, maby Hardin can beat Kountze and get in, maby, maby.

Here are some examples:

Buna was just lucky to score 34 points on us.

The referees beat us. They really had it in for us.

Hardin would have scored more if Buna's defense would have gotten out of the way.

Our key player was not feeling well and was not at full speed.

I take it you havent seen Hardin play yet..They are for real too. Anahuac was a mistake the score shouldnt have even been that close in the first place.This will be a good game no matter who wins or who loses.. Hardin has a great pass game and Buna has a good running game. Whatever defense steps up will win the game.

My pick is Hardin

Guest THE FAN

I wouldn't say that Buna is just a rushing team. They can pass too, but when youre scoring 40+ on the run game, theres not alot of need to pass.  Buna is pretty solid all the way around, and im sure they aren't underestimating Hardin.  Don't be fooled by a close win over kountze.  Penalties and turnovers will be key. Both teams have explosive offenses, so im saying the better defense will determine the game.

Good luck to both teams, should be a dandy!

Buna 35, Hardin 14

[move]"The Fan"[/move]

Does anyone know how many interceptions Blanton Craft and the rest of the Buna secondary has? 

I don't know about the entire secondary, but maxpreps.com has Craft with 6 INTs on the year, good enough for #1 in state in that category (according to maxpreps anyway).  The only thing I find curious about Craft is that his maxpreps profile lists him as 5'6" tall.  Someone else posted on another thread that he has a 30"+ vertical.  This may account for his INTs but Marsh is close to 6 ft (if not already) and his vertical is extremely high (not sure what it is, but he can dunk and he did dunk the football over the crossbars one time after a score).  If Craft is put on him, Marsh has the extra length to pluck the ball out of the sky.  Anyway, that is my hope...but Buna is a darn good team and it will be a dandy.

Hopefully the Coogs wont go into this game over confident like last week.  Hats off to Kountze who played hard the whole game but Buna didnt play very well and really had to pull it out in the end.  I believe the Coogs learned a important lesson and wont overlook anyone else for the rest of the season.  They are going to have to come ready to play. Hardins offense is looking pretty good so far.  Good luck to both teams. Hopefully Buna can get back on track this week.

Buna - 42

Hardin - 14

!!!!!!PUNISH!!!!!!

if anyone wants to compare the two teams statistically, go to

http://home.beaumontenterprise.com/editorial/sports/HS_database/beaumont_results.html?site=default&tpl=zBMT_Team

scroll down and look on the left and find "District 24-2A" and click on the team of your choice and it will take you to the stats for that team.

I find it interesting that Hardin has outgained Buna by 1,000 yards on total offense.  I think this will be a tougher test than what Buna fans think...at least defensively for the Coogs.

I pick Hardin 34, Buna 28

Hats off to Kountze who played hard the whole game but Buna didnt play very well and really had to pull it out in the end. 

Come on now, don't give the "didn't play very well" excuse....Look at the Hardin/Anahuac game, the game appeared to be well in hand with 2-3 minutes left to play with Hardin leading 42-20 and Anahuac did not have a bit of quit in them and stormed back.  Both teams played well in that game.  Hardin for the majority of the game then Anahuac for the last 3 minutes...whew!!!

ok highsky sep you are so smart and you think hardin will win just because they have more total yards than buna does. Then how bout you go look at EC total yards and see yall have more yards than them an so does buna so does that mean that both of those teams are going to beat EC. Cause how it sounds in your last post the person with the most yards will win.

that is not what I said.  I said that I found it interesting that Hardin had more yards total offense than Buna and that I think that it will be a tougher test than ya'll Buna fans are thinking.  It was just a comment on a fact.  Nowhere did I say that the team with the most yards wins.  Just about every one of the Buna supporters puts Buna in a blowout like 42-14, 35-14, 42-26, etc.  Yes, I am a Hardin supporter and notice that, even though I think Hardin will win, my picked score is much closer in margin of victory than yours, e.g. Hardin 34-28. 

I just happen to think it will be the toughest test for Buna's defense so far this year, and vice versa...Buna will be the best team they have yet played until EC comes around.

ok well now that we got that understood highsky i am a buna fan and have never thought this would be a blow out i think hardin is very good and hope they do good in playoffs also i think buna will have a lot of momentum seeing how it is homecoming and there is going to be alot of people from buna the most they have ever seen and the buna boys dont wont to let them down but my prediction is 28-21 buna

good luck to hardin and buna in future games

The bad thing about Homecomings is the distraction it offers to the home players.  There is usually a lot of things going on during Homecoming week and that can be a factor that works against a team.  Now I don't think Buna will be unfocused, but I do think it will be a good game.  Sorry, I had commented earlier about "your margin of victory"...I got you confused with BCoogs08 so if Hardin does lose then I think it will be by your score then.  But then again, I still think Hardin wins.  ;D

i can understand you voting for hardin sep you are from hardin that is the same for anybody they will never vote against there home team. well let me refrase that most of the time they wont vote against there home team so you are right it will be a good game to watch

ok highsky sep you are so smart and you think hardin will win just because they have more total yards than buna does. Then how bout you go look at EC total yards and see yall have more yards than them an so does buna so does that mean that both of those teams are going to beat EC. Cause how it sounds in your last post the person with the most yards will win.

WELL ACCORDING TO HOUSON CHRONICLE

Jordan Nolan leader in 2a passing, John Stelly second in 2a rushing, Daniel MArsh leader in passing with 2 other recievers in top 5 looks to be a pretty potent offense.

WHO CARES WHAT A NEWS PAPER SAYS, OR WHAT A WEBSITE SAYS, the games gonna be played tommorow at 730 at the DEN. Tommorrow night at about 11:00 is when we can talk crap on every one,

well i hope that the buna team is nervous, i know that it would be ashamed to lose your homecoming came huh, hardin has blown up big they have more recongnition than buna, or even ec, and hardin aint stopn no time soon this is the first that we have been good in years and the team to hungry for a win to give so easily, i hear alota people say hardin isnt pyshical enough and were doin this wrong or aint doin this right.....................well seems to be workin we aint lost a game yet

I don't know about the entire secondary, but maxpreps.com has Craft with 6 INTs on the year, good enough for #1 in state in that category (according to maxpreps anyway).  The only thing I find curious about Craft is that his maxpreps profile lists him as 5'6" tall.  Someone else posted on another thread that he has a 30"+ vertical.  This may account for his INTs but Marsh is close to 6 ft (if not already) and his vertical is extremely high (not sure what it is, but he can dunk and he did dunk the football over the crossbars one time after a score).  If Craft is put on him, Marsh has the extra length to pluck the ball out of the sky.  Anyway, that is my hope...but Buna is a darn good team and it will be a dandy.

Marsh is in the 6-2 6-3 range in height. Should be a good match between the two.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ssiaa
    Newest Member
    ssiaa