Kirbyville 49 OF 42 Final/Comments

jdawg03

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Poo Poo play?  Heard he was supposed to be suspended from one game....Got into trouble before the WOS game and coach said he would be suspended for one game but NOT the WOS game.

He did not play the first half.  Funny how with it being a close game he gets to play the second half!

Kirbyille has tough time with OF; wins, 49-42

Gabriel Pruett

The Orange Leader

KIRBYVILLE — If the Kirbyville Wildcats were playing with a chip on their shoulder from last week’s loss to West Orange-Stark, the Orangefield Bobcats sure did not care.

Orangefield battled tooth-and-nail with Kirbyville and a late Pierce Rhodes touchdown was the difference as the Wildcats won 49-42 at Wildcat Stadium.

Kirbyville (5-1, 2-1) was beaten 31-6 last week at home against the Mustangs and were hoping to not fall to 1-2 in District 21-3A play.

So enter the Bobcats (0-6, 0-3) who were yet to win a game this year and known to fight until the very end.

The Bobcats actually took a 35-34 lead in the fourth quarter as Jeremy Granger ran in from 3 yards out with 10:06 left in the game.

It was only fitting Granger would score the go-ahead touchdown because it was Granger on defense that gave the Bobcats a chance.

Granger recovered a Kirbyville fumble when quarterback Aaron Hazlewood and Rhodes could not complete a handoff.

Kirbyville quickly answered as Rhodes hauled in a 28-yard touchdown reception from quarterback Aaron Hazlewood. A Rhodes two-point run gave Kirbyville the 42-35 lead with just under eight minutes left.

Orangefield quarterback Jared Helton brought the Bobcats back again on a 10-yard touchdown scamper with 5:02 left, and Derek Evans’ kick tied it at 42.

Bobcats Coach Blake Morrison was pleased with his team’s effort but also knew Orangefield let Kirbyville off the hook.

“I am proud of this team,†Morrison said. “Offensively we are doing a much better job. We just had one or two kids with busted assignments. If we don’t do that, we beat these guys. We would have had a better chance to win the game.â€

The Bobcats allowed the Wildcats to gain 430 yards of offense Friday night with 227 coming in the air and 203 on the ground.

Kirbyville’s Broderick Jackson led all runners with 97 yards on 37 carries while Helton led the Bobcats with 95 yards on 14 carries.

The fourth quarter was not the first time the Bobcats held a lead against the Wildcats.

Helton threw a 53-yard touchdown strike to Devin Green with 4:53 left in the second quarter. Evan’s second PAT of the night gave Orangefield a 14-7 lead.

Helton, who was 10-of-13 passing for 196 yards, hooked up with Luke Gunstream for the Bobcats’ first score of the night on a 16-yard touchdown pass and catch. Evans made it 7-7 with 8:48 left in the first half.

Kirbyville scored first in the game as Hazlewood found Josh Hughey for 22 yards with 5:37 left in the first quarter.

The Wildcats were able to tie the game up before halftime as JaMichael Ervine ran in from 4 yards out with 1:06 left in the half.

The second half was a long, tiring affair and even cost the Bobcats a player as Possum LaFleur left the game with an injury.

LaFleur was seen on the bench for several minutes after what appeared to be a late hit, even though no penalty was called, and finally left the stadium in an ambulance.

The third quarter saw four touchdowns as Kirbyville scored 14 unanswered points to start the second half.

First it was Jackson on a 9-yard run giving Kirbyville a 21-14 lead and then it was Randy Musgrove catching a 44-yard pass from Hazlewood that put the Wildcats up 28-14.

The Bobcats picked themselves up and Granger pulled Orangefield to within a touchdown at 28-21 with a 3-yard touchdown run with 6:54 left in the third.

Once again the Wildcats went back on top by two scores as Rhodes ran into the end zone from 15 yards out. A failed PAT put Kirbyville up 34-21.

Helton, Granger and Zach Peevey, who had 42 yards on 20 carries, went to work on chopping down the lead.

Helton first scored from 10 yards out to pull Orangefield to within 34-28.

From there it was Granger putting the Bobcats on top 35-34 on his second touchdown run of the night.

“Our team was fighting hard out there,†Morrison said. “Kirbyville was the preseason pick to win our district and our kids were right there with them. Our kids are going to continue to play hard. The longer it takes for us to get that first win, the harder they are going to fight.â€

Next week will bring the Bayou Bowl for Orangefield as the Bobcats hit the road to face rival Bridge City, which is also 0-6 on the year after falling 68-3 to Jasper on Friday.

The offense showed that they can still put up the points, but I have wondered all year when the loss of our DC would possible hurt us!  I knew that when Barbay left it could possible hurt us, and last night it almost did!  I tell you what though; it looks like it will be a fight for the 2nd and 3rd spot for the playoffs!  It is still up for grabs!  Good job Wildcats on getting back in the win column!

Did Poo Poo play?  Heard he was supposed to be suspended from one game....Got into trouble before the WOS game and coach said he would be suspended for one game but NOT the WOS game.

\\

I HEARD POO POO DIDN'T PLAY, BUT  LETS FACE IT, WITHOUT POO POO  KIRBYVILLE SUCKS, THEY  DO NOT HAVE THE HEART, IF JASPER MEETS KIRBYVILLE AGAIN IN THE PLAYOFFS, WATCH OUT 

JASPER 45    POO POO TEAM  14

I personally don't think kville is a playoff team.  They still have hf and silsbee, and I think both are better.  Kville clearly has no defense, and it is starting to show.  The only question left to ask is WHERE IS KVILLE BALLA?????  Once again district 21-3a has shut him up. 

I personally don't think kville is a playoff team.  They still have hf and silsbee, and I think both are better.  Kville clearly has no defense, and it is starting to show.  The only question left to ask is WHERE IS KVILLE BALLA?????  Once again district 21-3a has shut him up. 

For the records, I'm right here looking at this crap you stated on here. You stated "Kville clearly has no defense". We may be struggling on defense and overall the whole team is having problems, but until hf and Silsbee beat us.....what you saying don't matter. Wos still have some games to play as well and anything can happen to your team.

\\

I HEARD POO POO DIDN'T PLAY, BUT  LETS FACE IT, WITHOUT POO POO  KIRBYVILLE SUCKS, THEY  DO NOT HAVE THE HEART, IF JASPER MEETS KIRBYVILLE AGAIN IN THE PLAYOFFS, WATCH OUT 

JASPER 45    POO POO TEAM  14

Dude chill out, yall played a rebuilding BC team that has given up 50+ points per game. Yall got beat 21-6 by a Kirbyville team that has been suffering all year long with injuries and players conduct within the school. I will say, this have been the worst year we have had since playing in the district with u guys.

I really wonder what is going on in Kville...Letting kids play that are supposedly in trouble with the law or school administration and the vulgarity of the music (superman that H_)that was played over the loud speaker.....who's really in charge up there anyway?  As for the on the field efforts, OF took it to Kville...Kville's defense is Poo-poo, with or with out the kid they call poo-poo....They have a great passing scheme, but with out P.R. they're running game is suspect...Personally, I think it'll come down to HF, Jasper and Silsbee for the 2nd and 3rd spot...

No trouble with the authorities.  The 1/2 games suspension was handed down by the coach - not the school.  School punishment had already been served.  A whole lot of to-do about nothing.  PR seemed to play alright agains WOS, leading rusher in the game, with all of the off field distractions.  KV will be okay, but the defense had better start showing up!

Guest EagleFan01

I don't think Kville is as good as everyone thought.. There weakness is starting to show up and that would be the same weakness they have had for years...NO DEFENSE AT ALL!!!!!!

Kville defense did struggle without 1 starting LB for the game and one starting LB for half the game but they had trouble guarding the tight end all game but their offense was good enough this week to step up when their defense wasnt doing too great... but got heart? we do what are you thinkin sayin kirbyville sucks without poopoo kirbyville doesnt suck by any means and kirbyville wont have to worry about meetin jasper in the playoffs cuz jasper wont make it... and bulldog16 there was no trouble with the law thats all just rumors and the suspension was coachs choice n had nothing to do with the school administration and the music is all edited and approved by the school so listen a little closer or stay in your hometown and dont worry about kville

Dude chill out, yall played a rebuilding BC team that has given up 50+ points per game. Yall got beat 21-6 by a Kirbyville team that has been suffering all year long with injuries and players conduct within the school. I will say, this have been the worst year we have had since playing in the district with u guys.

Naaaa,  you all have had some worst years than this year :D

Kville defense did struggle without 1 starting LB for the game and one starting LB for half the game but they had trouble guarding the tight end all game but their offense was good enough this week to step up when their defense wasnt doing too great... but got heart? we do what are you thinkin sayin kirbyville sucks without poopoo kirbyville doesnt suck by any means and kirbyville wont have to worry about meetin jasper in the playoffs cuz jasper wont make it... and bulldog16 there was no trouble with the law thats all just rumors and the suspension was coachs choice n had nothing to do with the school administration and the music is all edited and approved by the school so listen a little closer or stay in your hometown and dont worry about kville

Now I don't have a dog in this hunt, but it's funny that you say it was the coaches choice and had nothing to do with the administration. I was walking with some friends of mine (that happen to be from Kirbyville) at halftime over to watch some of the Freshmen volleyball game, when we were walking back from the gym we heard some loud talking...almost screaming. Coach Alvarez and another gentleman were arguing about something. Come to find out, it was the high school principal. From what we heard, it sounded like he was suppose to be out for the entire game...but since it was a close game coach A was going to allow him to play. This was not setting good with the principal at all...but what happen was exactly what coach wanted. He played the entire second half. My question is...who's running that school up there? Sounds like the athletic director is to me. What kind of example does that set for these kids? And I've read other post on this site that say he was suppose to be suspended for the West Orange-Stark game, but he played. Sounds to me like Coach A thought, we'll just sit him down against Orangefield cause we'll take care of them easily...well that didn't happen either.

I really wonder what is going on in Kville...Letting kids play that are supposedly in trouble with the law or school administration and the vulgarity of the music (superman that H_)that was played over the loud speaker.....who's really in charge up there anyway?  As for the on the field efforts, OF took it to Kville...Kville's defense is Poo-poo, with or with out the kid they call poo-poo....They have a great passing scheme, but with out P.R. they're running game is suspect...Personally, I think it'll come down to HF, Jasper and Silsbee for the 2nd and 3rd spot...

He will trade his integrity for a W every time. Always has always will.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    napeba
    Newest Member
    napeba