Hamshire-Fannett 53 Livingston 48/FINAL

WOSgrad

• WOSgrad changed the title to Hamshire-Fannett 53 Livingston 48/FINAL
23 minutes ago, Localfan1 said:

This game was played in Livingston.

That is correct.  Coach Davis at HJ advised us earlier this week that the venue had changed due to boys and girls varsities playing at each others' venues instead of all at one venue.

I just hadn't gotten to the schedules to reflect that.

1 minute ago, Localfan1 said:

This game was played in Livingston.

Was not the best game for Livingston. Throw lazy passes at the end of a quarter, get two treys by the other team to go up. Don't run the man off the three point line, watch four of them fall against you in a quarter.

Longhorns played a complete game, Livingston didn't and that's why they won.

HF has a good team.

They have a good coach. But I was a little embarrassed for their kids as they were getting yelled at half-time on the sidelines and I could hear a lot of it even though I was up high. Not against the criticism or yelling; just go to the locker room and do it in private. 

42 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

That is correct.  Coach Davis at HJ advised us earlier this week that the venue had changed due to boys and girls varsities playing at each others' venues instead of all at one venue.

I just hadn't gotten to the schedules to reflect that.

This game has been scheduled to be in Livingston for quite some time.

Since we're on schedule changes, the Jasper-Livingston game is cancelled. Livingston plays at Anderson-Shiro Tuesday at 7.

Damn you COVID.

On 12/18/2020 at 10:54 PM, Localfan1 said:

Well, if HF started out flat like they did against Liberty on Tuesday, then this score does not surprise me. Livingston is a good team, and it is a good road district win against a potential playoff team as well. I believe the final score was 55 to 48 and guess HF got those 2 points after all. 😂

They weren't flat at all. The score reflects a starter getting hurt in the 3rd, another in the 4th, and the PG failing out in the 4th when they were up by 10. Would have been a 20 piece easy had those two factors not happened. Livingston played were sticking their knees and feet out on defense. Both the JV and Varsity games saw multiple injuries to HF players and the refs allowed it in some cases. HF had two starters go down become of it! One with a knee and the other with a an ankle. Both plays were due to defenders sticking a knee and a leg out. 

On 12/20/2020 at 12:49 PM, Cardinal 1 said:

They weren't flat at all. The score reflects a starter getting hurt in the 3rd, another in the 4th, and the PG failing out in the 4th when they were up by 10. Would have been a 20 piece easy had those two factors not happened. Livingston played were sticking their knees and feet out on defense. Both the JV and Varsity games saw multiple injuries to HF players and the refs allowed it in some cases. HF had two starters go down become of it! One with a knee and the other with a an ankle. Both plays were due to defenders sticking a knee and a leg out. 

I guess that means HF had a substantial lead at end of first half before all of the above took place.