BH vs. Bridge City

Guest Jody

Who will advance?  

1. 1. Who will advance?

This is a serious question, so please don't take it wrong. I have only seen BC play once against LCM, They struck out 17 times. The five outs recorded by Elhert were strikeouts, and Womack had 12 k's in his five and one-third innings. Now Elhert is a Div 1 recruit so I can see BC having trouble with him, Womack on the other hand is a very good pitcher but will more than likely sign with a junior college and he had the BC hitters not only striking out but looking totally baffled. It seems to me most people here have already punched BC's ticket to Austin, and I can see why, they have been great against everyone else. But on the other hand, and here is my question, Shouldn't 3a playoff teams the deeper you go have pitching in the same league as Womack , and if so what must BC do to hit them ? By the way I think very highly of Landon as a player and a person, this is not a knock on him, I just mean to say BC must face other quality pitchers the farther they go in the playoffs, and he totally controlled them, so what must BC do differently to beat those kind of pitchers?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BH has an interesting strategy question...do they throw Hales against Angelle in game 1? Most people in district didn't throw their ace against BC. Maybe BH follows suit and tries to win game 2 (Hales vs. Haymon) then win a game 3 matchup. If you lay down in game 1, do you throw your #2 or your #4. The only thing you want to try and do is make Angelle throw 7 so you don't see him for a few innings on Saturday.

This all assumes that Hales can beat Haymon which is a huge assumption. Haymon is a very good pitcher in his own right.

The other side of the argument is that BH shouldn't show a weakness, throw Hales against Angelle, and play to win from moment one. Of course, BC could always throw Haymon in game 1....hmmmmm.

This is a serious question' date=' so please don't take it wrong. I have only seen BC play once against LCM, They struck out 17 times. The five outs recorded by Elhert were strikeouts, and Womack had 12 k's in his five and one-third innings. Now Elhert is a Div 1 recruit so I can see BC having trouble with him, Womack on the other hand is a very good pitcher but will more than likely sign with a junior college and he had the BC hitters not only striking out but looking totally baffled. It seems to me most people here have already punched BC's ticket to Austin, and I can see why, they have been great against everyone else. But on the other hand, and here is my question, Shouldn't 3a playoff teams the deeper you go have pitching in the same league as Womack , and if so what must BC do to hit them ? By the way I think very highly of Landon as a player and a person, this is not a knock on him, I just mean to say BC must face other quality pitchers the farther they go in the playoffs, and he totally controlled them, so what must BC do differently to beat those kind of pitchers?[/quote']

The way Womack has handled Nederland, BC and Klein Oak, maybe BC want see another pitcher as good, if they make it to state.

Guest Cardinal12

I'm wondering were BC is weak enough to struggle with BH? My guess is nowhere. I watched BH play and wasn't that impressed. Just my opinion.

Guest etbu

BH will come to play folks the EAGLES are no Kirbyville. BC will start to be tested starting this round. BC has weak spots just like eveyone else' date=' BH will be worthy just stay tuned!!![/quote']

I dont know the outcome but Bh always plays hard and has a strong hitting team. Good luck to Bh and hope you guys win.

Guest Orangeboy

BH Fan, My point is Orange Couty baseball is just the best in Texas. You will find out Thursday night when the Cards Lay that Metal on your butt. You beat Silsbee because you hit the ball better than them and overall had the better team, but that won't be the case in this series.

Peace Out My SON.

YOUR DADDY ORANGEBOY.

Guest etbu

BH Fan' date=' My point is Orange Couty baseball is just the best in Texas. You will find out Thursday night when the Cards Lay that Metal on your butt. You beat Silsbee because you hit the ball better than them and overall had the better team, but that won't be the case in this series.

Peace Out My SON.

YOUR DADDY ORANGEBOY.[/quote']

Bro who are you kidding?

I think we can all agree that Orange County baseball is some of the best in Texas....The best?...well you may could make an arguement for that with LCM and BC this year, but I dont think I could go that far......There's some really good ball played in the Houston area

BH Fan' date=' My point is Orange Couty baseball is just the best in Texas. You will find out Thursday night when the Cards Lay that Metal on your butt. You beat Silsbee because you hit the ball better than them and overall had the better team, but that won't be the case in this series.

Peace Out My SON.

YOUR DADDY ORANGEBOY.[/quote']

:pp :bss

orangeBOY this is the closets you may come the whole season to being right. This may be the week you get to jump up and down in the trailer and shout "I was right, I was right" :lol: I hope for your sake your right this time, I don't know if you can go through another week of looking this foolish :cheers

I'm wondering were BC is weak enough to struggle with BH? My guess is nowhere. I watched BH play and wasn't that impressed. Just my opinion.

Down boy! I wasn't calling the Cardinals weak, Just saying they have kinks in their armour. The Cardinals are #1 and have the best team that BH has probally seen along with Huffman which beat BH twice :( Maybe the Eagles can impress you a little during our seris. BH has a good team and what they lack is experiance which BC has. BH is very young and will be very good next year. For now they are playing above expectations and that is a dangerouse team for anyone to play.

Hey Adminbaberuth, I could not agree with you more on Landon Womack, he gets my vote for District MVP !!! MY point was surely 3a baseball has some quality pitching in region 3, and even if it isn't as good as Womack or Elhert, BC showed no signs of being able to adjust to pitching of quality. BC fanned 17 times and just kept hacking away, they showed no patience at the plate, they didn't cut down on their swings or try to go to the opposite field, or bunt, they did nothing to try and put pressure on a make-shift infield LCM had on the field due to injury.They just kept hacking away. Landon did pitch great against Nederland and Klein Oak, but they at least put the ball in play. BC may not face a pitcher as good as Womack, so let me rephrase my question. Everyone seems to be saying BC almost easy for a trip to state, can they hit pitching of higher quality than they saw in their district? because most teams by the second half of district probably didn't throw their ace against BC so I've heard. I think that is a legit question, Admin,you and others on here really watch alot of baseball and know the game, do you think this can hurt BC down the road. I coach football, but what I saw that night looked like it went farther than BC just having a bad night at the plate, so help me out baseball brothers let me know what you think.

Hey Adminbaberuth' date=' I could not agree with you more on Landon Womack, he gets my vote for District MVP !!! MY point was surely 3a baseball has some quality pitching in region 3, and even if it isn't as good as Womack or Elhert, BC showed no signs of being able to adjust to pitching of quality. BC fanned 17 times and just kept hacking away, they showed no patience at the plate, they didn't cut down on their swings or try to go to the opposite field, or bunt, they did nothing to try and put pressure on a make-shift infield LCM had on the field due to injury.They just kept hacking away. Landon did pitch great against Nederland and Klein Oak, but they at least put the ball in play. BC may not face a pitcher as good as Womack, so let me rephrase my question. Everyone seems to be saying BC almost easy for a trip to state, can they hit pitching of higher quality than they saw in their district? because most teams by the second half of district probably didn't throw their ace against BC so I've heard. I think that is a legit question, Admin,you and others on here really watch alot of baseball and know the game, do you think this can hurt BC down the road. I coach football, but what I saw that night looked like it went farther than BC just having a bad night at the plate, so help me out baseball brothers let me know what you think.[/quote']

CoachLB

Will see this week as BC will face pitching from BH that is comparable to PNG, LCM and Nederland ace’s, the Hales kid from BH is very good even though he’s a soph.

LCM and BC are very good teams. As they advance, the pitching will get better. You got to remember that Angelle struck out 13 LCM batters and gave up 1 earned run on Elhert’s HR. LCM struggled against Klein Oak with the bat, as did BC against Womack.

BC is looking down the pipe to possible Belt from Hudson or Bagley from Huffman if they get by BH. In a one game series I’ll take my chances with BC against anyone in the state. Nothing against BC’s other rotation, as Haymond, Stringer and Meeks are good but to me the innings are not there.

BC has the hitters, Coleman, Bolton, Dishon, Angelle, Sparks, Jackson, Hecker, Day and Scales.

It’s going to be defense that wins these games. As you advance, the ball is hit a little harder than in district and the base runners are a little quicker, plus you have to coach a little different.

BC will take BH, LCM will need to play their best ball of the year. One thing LCM has is Griff, that’s worth 2 runs IMO.

BC in 2 games. Don't see it being a blow out in game one, provided Hales starts for BH. I think BH will put the ball in play fairly well against Angelle but not quite enough to pull out the win. Hales has the ability to keep BC's dangerous line-up off balance. Game 2 could get ugly really quick for both clubs. I expect a high scoring game without the aces on the mound. BH can really hit, and without Angelle on the mound I think the over under for total runs scored should be set around the 15 mark.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder