22-4A District Champions

Who wins 22-4A this year?  

1. 1. Who wins 22-4A this year?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GoStangs

The poll shows almost as many votes for NED as Central winning the DC. Are those just homer votes, or are there any legitimate reasons NED will do something they normally don't do and dethrone a reigning champ? I think they'll be good and will probably make the playoffs, but they've got a lot of questions that will need to be answered before I can say they'll win district. They have a great RB in Mosley, but he will need help. The QB position needs to improve from last year, and the defense, who is losing one of their best players in a long while, will need to be stronger than they were last year.

Guest Penny

GoStangs... come on... are you saying that picking Nederland is a bad bet? You've been around long enough to know that everytime they strap it on, they can beat anyone in their district over the past decade... you know that, you're a smart guy.

Factually, they lost some studs, but will be deeper in my opinion this year. All the ingredients to a contender.

1. A stud rb

2. A stud returning offensive line

3. A QB with a cannon and a year under his belt

4. A straight up STUD in D. Johnson to build their defense around

5. One of the best coaching staffs in the area.

The pieces of the puzzle are there... whether they'll fit together for a district championship... or just a measley 2-3 round playoff run for another year are to be determined.

Guest GoStangs

GoStangs... come on... are you saying that picking Nederland is a bad bet? You've been around long enough to know that everytime they strap it on' date=' they can beat anyone in their district over the past decade... you know that, you're a smart guy.

Factually, they lost some studs, but will be deeper in my opinion this year. All the ingredients to a contender.

1. A stud rb

2. A stud returning offensive line

3. A QB with a cannon and a year under his belt

4. A straight up STUD in D. Johnson to build their defense around

5. One of the best coaching staffs in the area.

The pieces of the puzzle are there... whether they'll fit together for a district championship... or just a measley 2-3 round playoff run for another year are to be determined.[/quote']

I agree they'll be good and will most likely be a playoff contender, but historically, no matter how strong they've been in the past, they generally lose one game too many to be the district champs. Just going back the past five years, you all have had some very good teams, but found ways to stumble in a big time way in meaningful district game -- 01, a 42-8 loss to Lincoln; 02, a 47-7 loss to Central; 03, losses to PNG (23-14) and Central (20-0); 04, a 40-37 loss to Ozen; and in 05, a 21-7 loss to Ozen.

The district has improved with the arrival of Dayton, and Central and Ozen showed vast signs of growth last year with their new coaches. Nederland has, in my opinion, one of the best RBs in SETX, if not the best RB, in Mosely; a very talented Drevonte Johnson, who will be a tough defensive player; very solid coaching; and solid fan support. I don't know much about the OL, but they will have to improve from last year, and the QB really needs to step up his game from last season. We'll see if all the pieces fall into place for the Dogs; I just see it as an uphill climb for them to claim a district title.

Guest Living 4 Friday Nights

I think you are all over looking the Bears. We have a new coach that got us rolling last year and our offensive scheme is on the cutting edge.

LCM

Central

Nederland

the WB

Does LCM have more speed this Year?

They have a Coach now at LCM that can get them there. LCM has always had decent size, they've always had problems in the Speed dept. Maybe not now though..

If the bears win district, it will be one of the biggest upsets of all time. I don't see it happening this year. I almost hope they do, though. Those "The Hit List" shirts are looking pretty tattered, but they are still wearing them. Is a 10-0 season really that insanely rare that you wear a shirt for 12 years? We've had four since then ;)

They have a shot. You have to remember they have a new Coach who knows Football. David Williams was a good Coach it was just time for a change.

We are waiting on that LCM preview to be released tonight.

Quote from Living 4 Friday Nights

"They have a shot. You have to remember they have a new Coach who knows Football. David Williams was a good Coach it was just time for a change."

L4FN

The jury is still out on our change. It is obvious that as a varsity staff we have lost a step or two. Especially after our recent loss of three good coaches Theriot, Foster, Pachuka. And possibly to soon lose one more. Have some kids leaving us for other schools too. Hope we can pull it together before August.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin