WEST HARDIN

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hatchet

That's so nice.  A school with 3A enrollment offers to play a school with 160 kids in it.  Besides with two bye weeks, how many Varsity players will be suiting up for thursday?  Remember, Kelly's varsity had a game with Crawford when this was scheduled.

Guest ECBucFan

That's so nice.  A school with 3A enrollment offers to play a school with 160 kids in it.  Besides with two bye weeks, how many Varsity players will be suiting up for thursday?  Remember, Kelly's varsity had a game with Crawford when this was scheduled.

Yes, and a "selected" 3A enrollment, too.

Its just a tune up for the Oilers I would say the starters wont play much but when you only have about 15 to 16 varisty players thats hard to do.So go ahead and make fun of WH we dont care we're just trying to get ready for district..Good Luck Oilers

Ha ya but ive always known and thought that u play harder schools to get yourself ready for your district. Why do you think Kelly is playing Sulfer? Dont get me wrong i belive that Kelly has a good chance at beating sulfer but tt is the same exact thing as West Hardin playing Kelly's varsity. Also the only reason Kelly asked if they wanted to play a real varsity game was because there was no other team to play in this area.

WH has played a very respectable schedule for the last two years and this year is no exception. Groveton, Warren, Kountze, and Hardin.

Obvious they are not looking for easy games. They scheduled this two years in advance because they were doing it two years at a time, I believe. Maybe the varsity wasn't available the first year and maybe they were.

I think bbbk is making a bigger deal out of this than it really is. Look at the little schools other schools and the best colleges in the country play. Hardly anyone plays tough games every week of the year.

I don't think a 3a JV vs a 1A vasity should be that big of a deal anyway.

I promise you the WH coach was not looking for a weak schedule or a blow out game.

Just let the kids play and if it is not good for Kelly they don't have to reschedule.

Oilers, use the game to focus on district preparation. KJV, use to try to improve your skills and for experience.

Hope all stay safe!

Kelly's regular jv is prolly 80% freshmen with a few sophmores and about 3 juniors so yaa that is pretty much like a 1a varsity team playing a freshmen team i think the freshmen deserve a little help. and yes that is looking for a blowout game. Kelly's JV is 1 and 4. I think West Hardin could have found a little better JV team if they werent looking for a blowout game. I am pretty sure people are calling it a "tune up game" aka a game to beat the hell out of some1 to get your team fired up.

Yep. Tune up game. Not enough kids to risk injury. I expect Kelly's Jv to put up about as much fight as Sabine Pass with all of their injuries. This is just a arme up game, its not to impress people. Nothing to it.

I think kelly's varsity would have been a game to schedule early in the season for WH. That being said, Kelly's varsity would probably win that one by 3-4 scores. Them boys are playing some ball this year, and that kicker!! Whoa Nelly!!

there starting RB didnt play all for quarters he only had like 4 or 5 carries and it was basically there jv that played Wh didnt have a jv last year when ever you only have about 6 freshman and 3 sophmores its hard to take out all of your starters so yes some starters played most of the game but the bulk of the guys playing were second and third string

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder