LC-M At PN-G Predictions?

KFDM COOP

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone said this was going to be a break out game for LC-M's offense. Hmmmm...have you not seen PN-G's defense. LaMarque is ranked in the top 10 in 4A and only scored 19 and Crosby only scored 7 and they are ranked in the top 20. PNG's offense is not helping the defense either...seems like the defense is always on the field.

Someone else says PN-G is winning the sloppy ones...I assume you mean the games with a lot of turnovers. If the other team is having an average or 3 to 4 turnovers a game don't you think maybe...just maybe PN-G's defense is forcing those turnovers? If there is something wrong with LC-M's offense like some of you say...be ready to see some more turnovers. I think it's a close low-scoring defensive battle.

PN-G 20

LC-M 10

If PNG can stay healthy,  and get their passing game going,  then I think PNG will pull off the upset.  PNG's Defense is probably one of the best in the area.  I think alot of folks have taken PNG lightly this season,  just like Ozen,  watch out, because once both of these teams get their O in line and rolling they will win the tough ones,  both teams have a chance at the playoffs. 

PNG vs LCM.  To close to call right now.  Who wants it the most will win it !!!  Thats my prediction !!!!

if Tatum will start throwing in the middle of the field instead of the outsides..PN-G can pull it off. and i know that Burnett is gonna work on that this week. he knows that his job is on the line this season.

PN-G 21

LC-M 14

plus LC-M is coming to The Reservation. where its always loud. =]]

Your right Asian Guy, throw in a few passes over the middle and PNG is in business.  In order to have a passing game you don't have to throw the ball 30 yards down the field every time like in the Ozen game.  Maybe a 5 or 10 yard out or a 10 yard slant over the middle.  Add a screen play ever now and then and watch the opposing defense grumble.  It is not rocket science.  With the defense PNG has this year we could easly win district with just adding a few short passing plays to help open up our dangerous run attack.  With all this said I believe PNG wins 28-7.  The offense shows up this week.

I have to agree with the majority of the post so far.  PNG has a decent chance if their offense gets in gear and starts a regular and SUCCESSFUL passing attack.  I have to admit I was very concerned about PNG's O line, but so far they have proven themselves against some very strong defenses.  They are providing Tatum ample time to throw the ball, they have been opening up some big holes for the backs.  TO me it just seems like the missing link is the passing game.  You get that going for PNG and you have a very very good team.  If the coaches from PNG are even looking on here,  read these post and listen !!!!  We see it and we know you see it especally on Saturdays and Sundays when you all sit there and watch the tapes !!!  You know what will work and what wont !!!  So please stop doing what isnt working and start doing what you know will !!!  Over the middle, slants etc...  Not the bombs !!!  Maybe now and then but not every pass play.  Oh and why not let some of the boys try other positions.  If one of them wants to try out as a tightend let him !!!  or a reciever,  let him.  You never know,  they could be a missing piece to the puzzle.  Also wright seems to be able to run well and appears to like the physical contact on the field.  You should utilize him more as well. 

(This post is assuming that maybe, just maybe a PNG coach will read this and all the other ones on this thread)

Guest TravelingBandsman

I think scoring will be limited to the second half but Little Cypress-Mauricevile manages to pull it out over Port Neches-Groves.

Little Cypress-Mauriceville 14

Port Neches-Groves 7

Not even sure the Bears know how to win....

Kicker and a few said something is missing, it is knowing how to win, taking advantage of unbelievable turnovers, scoring with them and putting the other team away, point made against Central, game should have been 21-0 in the first quarter but again the lack of creative playcalling just baffles me. The QB/Center exchange has got to get better it seems everytime a crucial situation comes up the ball ends up on the ground.

The second half of the central game I was very impressed with the Bear defense, adjustments made at halftime and 55 went crazy, kudos the the DC for his ability to adjust.

PNG if they watch a film only has to put 10 men in the box and they win, LCM will only throw if they need more than 10 yards on 3rd down.

akifan94,  Nice picks.  Way to go out on a limb.  If we play good we win if we play bad we loose.  Wow come Sat. you will be telling some people see I told you so.

Not even sure the Bears know how to win....

Kicker and a few said something is missing, it is knowing how to win, taking advantage of unbelievable turnovers, scoring with them and putting the other team away, point made against Central, game should have been 21-0 in the first quarter but again the lack of creative playcalling just baffles me. The QB/Center exchange has got to get better it seems everytime a crucial situation comes up the ball ends up on the ground.

The second half of the central game I was very impressed with the Bear defense, adjustments made at halftime and 55 went crazy, kudos the the DC for his ability to adjust.

PNG if they watch a film only has to put 10 men in the box and they win, LCM will only throw if they need more than 10 yards on 3rd down.

Some things change and some things don't.  Seems like I remember you being on here ripping our coaches in the passed.  And here we go again.  We played two teams in WOS and Central that have historically beat the crap out of us down to the wire in both games and the reason we lost is noncreative play calling?  Get a clue.  Being vanilla and being good at it is what is keeping us in these games and giving us a chance to win.  The turnovers you speak of were made by kids who are busting their butts everyday to play the games and are doing a great job.  Last I checked our coaches haven't commited any turnovers. How about you try something different for you and be positive.

LCM 14

PNG 10

You have me confused with another poster, I have not ripped the coaches at all on this board, it is a observation, I did not call out any coach. I undersatnd what they are trying to do but just like I stated you have to be willing to make adjustments.

And the entire thread is about learning how to win, there is a difference.

if LCM had the team they had last year, this year they would be the district champs

Are you kidding me?!?! How'd they do in the playoffs? I thought the Bears had quite a bit coming back, especially their main skill position players?!?! I think the Bears still have a shot at the playoffs this season, but I completely disagree with your comment.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86