How does your team stand for next season??

How many players are you guys losing? Wouldn't you want to stay 3A?

Were loosing everyone like thirty five seniors. I wanta move up due to travel and I like playing in bigger stadiums. I like our chances long term like over two or three years but next year could be scary. Just according to who moves in. You and I both know that kids do not move in after 8th grade usually it is much lower grades. Our ninth grade class is pretty competive. Other than that grade we could be in for a long haul without some move ins. I mean like the days of Kountze and New Caney. Catch my drift? I don think we cold be another Jeff Davis but on the four-A level you know what the competion is like. :shock:

Orangefield should improve over last year. We have some good kids coming back and had a really good JV team. If some of those JV kids step it up we have a good chance at the playoffs. Of course that all depends on realignment. If the district stays the same, I think we get third behind WOS and BC. Lets hope the UIL does not do something crazy with realignment.

BH...Any word or rumors on who you guys may be playing in Non district??

Not a clue. I'm hoping that we drop Anahuac off the schedule. I hope we keep Vidor and Dickinson I believe that both of those teams will improve this year. I think when Feb 2nd gets here BH will have more of a direction to move on scheduling for 06.

Oh and by the way I know ETBU will be on here before long because Huffman has voted in coach Mac as the new athletic director. Congrats to Huffman.

DUH !! If we schedule South Lake Carroll' date=' Lufkin and others we could go 5-5. I'm Basing my opinion on the schedule that we had this year.[/quote']

:D:D Hey Bh fan you know you can go to region four and find out right there huh? I am thinking about heading over to check out the alignments. Bhfan wanta take a ride over with me let me know. Pretty cool to watch the Coaches grab the books and try to line their games up. :lol: Should be real interesting to see where Bh goes. I think it starts at nine. If you try to get on line it will take forever so if anyone has the do post it up or as soon as i get it I will. In fact if I go I will take my laptop and post it ASAP.

Barbers Hill is a first class team.They will dominate in 3A and in 4A they will be competive and have a really ,really good shot at making the playoffs.They are well coached, and they have some talented kids also.I watched them play this year and was impressed.When they played Vidor it was a good game the first 2 qtrs then after halftime they took control of the game Physically, and the Coaches made adjustments.And we didn't.

For Newton it will be a rebuilding year, if there is such a thing in Newton. We will only have 2 returning Srs. and a lot of under classmen that will have to step up and play on the varsity level. Most of the young guys had plenty of playing time this year so I think we will be ok in that aspect. It's hard to replace a Pendland but Newton has always been able to find someone that can tote the ball and we will still have Jenkins at qb. Our defense will be the area that needs the most attention but we are confident that coach Johnston will fill in the gaps left by D. Johnston and Freeman. Overall I think we will be ok and still better than 90% of all of the other 2A schools in the state. As of now our pre-dist games are with: Crockett

Jasper

Kirbyville

Hemphill

San Augustine

Could be 2-3 going into district, but we'll just have to wait and see. :D

WO-S is losing quite a few seniors, besides Deon, I think that we are losing some good lineman. :(

I look for the Mustangs to do pretty well this season too. We have some juniors who will provide good leadership on this team. I know we have some players going to A&M's junior day this weekend. We should be stronger and faster. We also have some awesome athletes coming in from all levels. :lol:

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hthnkroor
    Newest Member
    hthnkroor