Splendora 30 Little Cypress-Mauriceville 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

3 minutes ago, LC-M said:

The reason I think we haven't been consistent. #1 Lack of athletes, #2 parents not buying in the program and worried about little Johnny getting yelled at. #3 band first, #4 everyone gets a trophy mentality#5 coaching. Ill give example that I witness several years ago where I saw a LCM kid quilt on the side line during a game. He refused to go back in the game. We let’s just say the next week he started. If the coaches are not holding the kids accountable and letting them do what they want and when they want on their football team we will never be good. We hold no discipline at our school.  Are you from LCM Elvis ? 

I remember that game your referring too. I was there also.  I remember telling my wife there’s no way in he** this kid should get to play anymore after that tantrum he pulled. 

2 minutes ago, marshman said:

I remember that game your referring too. I was there also.  I remember telling my wife there’s no way in he** this kid should get to play anymore after that tantrum he pulled. 

Yep! I questioned his leadership after that game. So coaching does have a little something to do with it. Heck I havnt met a WOS fan yet that has  told me they wanted Crouch back at OC. 

5 hours ago, Elvis Presley said:

Didn't LCM win a playoff game just last year?  Those are hard to come by around there and already people want the coach gone.  Is it possible y'all graduated some good ones last year and this year was a thin senior group?  Sometimes bring a year older makes all the difference (lookin at you, Livingston).  I hope you boys callin for a man's job are dang good at your own job.

They need to scale it back to 3 playoff teams per district. Shooting for 4th place is a real achievement every year....

Great coaches make it work EVERY year. Young or returning... png. Nederland. West orange... we CAN be held to that standard eventually and it all starts with the right leadership. Maybe then more parents may buy in... maybe they won't 

On 11/7/2020 at 8:06 AM, LC-M said:

The reason I think we haven't been consistent. #1 Lack of athletes, #2 parents not buying in the program and worried about little Johnny getting yelled at. #3 band first, #4 everyone gets a trophy mentality#5 coaching. Ill give example that I witness several years ago where I saw a LCM kid quilt on the side line during a game. He refused to go back in the game. Well let’s just say the next week he started. If the coaches are not holding the kids accountable and letting them do what they want and when they want on their football team we will never be good. We hold no discipline at our school.  Are you from LCM Elvis ? 

Naw I'm from Orangefield but I live in lumberton now.  Got lots of friends that way tho.