WO-S OC

wosmustangs

I tried to say last year on the WO-S message board after the Giddings game that bashing a high school coach on a public forum like this is simply way overboard.  No matter how you feel about a local coach, he should not be humiliated like this - especially by the Local Newspaper.  If you are at UT and making the $$$ that Mack Brown makes, THEN, I can understand.  Not at WO-S - a place where many boys have become men thanks to the likes of our coaches......  I don't like losing, either.  I further dislike what is being done to Randy Crouch in the local press.  He is a high school football coach dedicated to helping young men. 

I can understand portions of both sides but this is like a witch hunt with a public burning at the stake. I graduated from WO-S in 92 and love mustang football, not only myself but my family including my 76 year old mother never misses a game. I think the direction weve gone could be better, but it could be worse as well. I really hope there isnt a wedge driven between the community,coaches,and players due to these articles and comments on this board.

I am not a WOS fan - I greatly respect the team but only been to 1 game.  But to question a OC after 1 loss with a relatively young team is uncalled for.  WOS fans - you have a good thing going but now you expect - NO demand to win every game.  This is High School football you will not win them all.

Normally the coaches know what their players are best at and what will work - if it does not it is easy to question from the stands or the press box.  No way to prove the 2nd guessers wrong.

WOS is a power in the local football sceen and that does not appear to be going anyplace soon.  But that is a credit to the players and Coaches that have gotten them there.  If you have something that works and has a proven history - then let the coaches do their job. 8)

To all that have said something or questioned a coach from the stands. (myself included) Maybe you should go up to the school and ask for a minute of the coaches time(which they do not have) and draw up an offense play against a defense. Do not forget to draw up secondary coverage and defense fronts, acount for the blitz and oh yeah do it in 25 seconds. Give the man a break unless you would like to get certified get hired and stand in his shoes. Coach Crouch if you read this web site, and I hope you do not, just know that some of us know that your job is not easy and keep on doing the best that you can. Besides if he is that bad get on Coach Hooks for hiring him!!!

i am SHOCKED at all this bull  just becouse we lost saturday does not make wo-s a bad football team and its not the end of the world. i was watching the same playes run against lc-m and had not alot of problem with them that night the SAME PLAYS.wo-s was not playing dayton are lc-m it was BAY CITY a dang  good football team that played one heck of a (DEFENCE) agnest  wo-s that night.can someone tell me what is wo-s record under this OC

Guest GoStangs

No doubt about it, WOS has underachieved on offense under the current OC, and if anything, I think most people are fed up with year after year of very bad play calling.  I can post a list of games where he choked, but as WOSMustangs points out, that wouldn't do any good and I don't think it would be very productive to the conversation.  Whether he deserves to be called out publicly or not is a matter of opinion, but it's foolish to think the feelings of a lot of people come from one call, one game, or even one season.

It's called having great athletes. WO-S had, has, and will have awesome players who dedicate themselves to Coach Hooks and the Mustang program. That said, I personally don't like a individual (player or coach) singled out publicly at the high school level for mistakes.

It's kind of weird coaching is one of the only professions in which their mistakes are made public. Then on that level (HS) the pay isn't the greatest unless you're a HC/AD.

Most of these men love their jobs, the kids and the communities in which they work. I'm glad the mistakes I make aren't posted on a message board or the local newspaper. Just a thought.

It appears that no one likes being taken to task for what their thoughts and opinions are.  This is America where one's thoughts and opinions should be able to be expressed without fear of repercussions. But because a person takes a job that is esxposed to the public they are exposing themselves to all public opinions negative and positive.  Football coaches are targets of both positive and negative opinions from the first time they walk on the fields until the last time they leave. I do not like the negativism of some who think they know every thing about a situation. Mainly because they have not walked in the coaches shoes. There is no way they can know as much about the situation as they claim, no matter how many games, how many times they have seen things, how upset they become. But God Bless America, I love the right for them to say these things! :)

I tried to say last year on the WO-S message board after the Giddings game that bashing a high school coach on a public forum like this is simply way overboard.  No matter how you feel about a local coach, he should not be humiliated like this - especially by the Local Newspaper.  If you are at UT and making the $$$ that Mack Brown makes, THEN, I can understand.  Not at WO-S - a place where many boys have become men thanks to the likes of our coaches......  I don't like losing, either.  I further dislike what is being done to Randy Crouch in the local press.  He is a high school football coach dedicated to helping young men. 

Well said. 

I've been trying to stay away from this topic, but I think yall are getting way away from the REAL task at hand. We need a KICKER. Then maybe the OC wouldnt have to worry about going for it on 4th down. As an OC, it has to be stressful knowing that there is no kicker there to bail you out. Come on guys, lets leave him alone. Dont yall think this is a little juvinile? Go ahead and attack me on this, but it seems like when we lose, we have to blame it on one person. Yeah, he has made mistakes, but I sure would take him over a lot of people. Lets look at what they do: 1.These guys are coaches who do not see their families during football season. 2.They definetly do not do it for the money. 3.They work 14hrs a day, 7 days a week for no overtime. 4.They are responsible for turning troubled youths around, and even helping some of them get to college. 5. They even play a father figure.

Wow - WOS is 2-1 in Non District playing up a division and already getting ripped by the local press ?????.

Its reminds me of the little lady next door calling me over to fix her garage door and looking over my shoulder and questioning every move and giving me all kinds of suggestions. It IS her right, but it sure didn't help the garage door task. But she is overall a pretty good neighbor and I just kinda smile and ignore her comments because SHE makes the best mayhaw jelly and I don't want to lose the mayhaw jelly. I think most programs know how to consider the source and let them blow off their steam.

First of all I would like to say I have known Randy Crouch all my life and you will not find a better man anywhere.  That has nothing to do with coaching, but I will also say you will not find a better coach anywhere.  The fact that people are able to come on these boards and rip a man like Coach Crouch is laughable.  I agree with the earlier poster who said you should go up to the school sometime and follow the coaches around and see what they do in a day or week.  I worked for a man one time who called in one of the local "Monday Morning Quarterbacks" and asked him to draw the defensive front and coverage from the previous night's opponent.  Of course the man couldn't and ended up looking like a buffoon.  That is what would happen to most of these so called "critics" on this board I imagine.  Is the current OC at WO-S perfect, no, but then who is.  Even the best of us make mistakes.  As far as pointing out where he has stumbled, I defer to the great Teddy Roosevelt who said (and I am paraphrasing) "the credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena and if he fails at least fails while daring greatly.  And he will never be lumped in with the timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." The biggest mistake Crouch has made is putting up with the abuse he has taken over the last few years when he could easily go anywhere in Texas (or Louisiana for that matter) and be welcomed with open arms.  The fact is you have done better with Randy Crouch than you would have done without him!  PS.  Ask around and find out who really called the reverse on the goal line against Giddings>  You might be surprised at what you find.

I try to stay away from message boards as much as possible, especially during the season, however, after about the hundredth phone calls in the past few days I decided to comment on the posts and newspaper article's.  My name is used in several of these posts and I understand that there are several of you that didn't want me to leave, but I currently work at Baytown Lee High School.  There is no possible way that I can help WOS win this year, other than stand on the sidelines and watch like last saturday.  I do appreciate your support and you all know that I will always be a Mustang.  I also wanted to say that how impressed I have been with WOS as a TEAM.  From the two scrimmages and one game I have seen, I think the ENTIRE coaching staff has done a tremendous job of preparing these young kids.  I know that it is not a perfect record, but there are a lot of teams in the state that would love to be sitting at 2-1 after three games.  Including myself.  For the last four seasons I have worked at WOS, and directly with Randy Crouch, and I have learned alot of good things from a very good coach and a GREAT man.  I would ask that the Mustang Fans try to support the players and coaches who are currently with this team.  If the opportunity presented itself I would be back in a second, but I am currently at Lee and I don't think I can help in 2007.  Thank you for all your support, and those of you who know me, know that I will always be a MUSTANG.  Good Luck WOS in the rest of 2007.

"This is your team! Support us for who we are, not who we are not!"

Norman Dale - Hoosiers

"IT'S NOT MY WAY, ITS NOT YOUR WAY, ITS THE MUSTANG WAY"

- Cornel Thompson

Guest coch_hound_sugga

W-O-S has one of the greatest traditions in Texas when it comes to High School Football. Anyone who gets on here trash talking the coaches from W-O-S appearently have no clue. If you have a problem with the coach go up to the field house and talk to him face to face. I understand as fans you have YOUR opinion but remember your opinion is like an , everybody has one and they all smell like