LC-M @ Vidor (rescheduled home game)

piratevillain

3 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Do I... hell no I’m a Vidor fan, you’ll see Vtown smoke Ltown later on though. Sorry @RaiderGirl2010and @SmashMouthits coming to your place.

Lol. Only smoke will be comin out of that funny pipe you got lit. Lol. Will Vidor beat Lumberton? Maybe. Smoke? Nope, I don’t think so. I’m a Vidor fan too. But keeping it real, I’m not as impressed as I was before the season started. Like y’all, Lumberton is riddled with injuries. Bad ones. One of them a 3 year starter. But that’s football folks. Anything is possible at this point. There is a lot of parity in this district. Hell, Livingston and BC were a “gimme” the past couple years. BC left and Livingston is seemingly better than they were. I think any team can win on any Friday (or Thursday/Saturday) at this point. I hope 55 gets better. That kids impressive. Even though we have to play y’all, I’d like to see him be able to play this season for his sake. 

If Vidor doesn’t get some of their key Players and Passion back they’re not going to win Jack! #22 must have had 50 carries between the tackles an Vidor couldn’t stop it. Splendora is one dimensional offensively and very weak in covering the pass but they did what they had to do to win. 

5 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Hall of Fame off topic convo lol back on topic.

What do you think WOSd99, who wins this one?

I think Vidor rebounds in a big way, had 2 key starters out and another played limited snaps.

All should be back next week, idk why we had nagging injuries off a bye.

“Nagging injuries off a bye”, but the game before was against Jasper, with that BIG back, and their line must have averaged 260-70 at least.  If one of them Dawg lineman fell on me, I’d be in the ICU.  😵🤢🤒

1 hour ago, Phisical Atmosphere said:

Key players or not, the other players have to put forth effort. This will piss some people off but our guys look like they are dancing with the ball carriers and not hitting\tackling. If im an opposing teams RB watching Vidors defense on film , im licking my chops. I know I want get hit and I wont get hurt unless I twist an ankle.  Pretty soft !!!!

There may be some validity to your statement but Splendora o line was controlling  the line of scrimmage. #22 was getting 3 to 5 yards a carry. Say what you want but Vidor doesn’t have 1st string players playing 2nd string. There is a reason  2nd stringers are 2nd stringers. #55 in the middle is a game changer against teams that like to run between the tackles. 

12 minutes ago, Realville said:

There may be some validity to your statement but Splendora o line was controlling  the line of scrimmage. #22 was getting 3 to 5 yards a carry. Say what you want but Vidor doesn’t have 1st string players playing 2nd string. There is a reason  2nd stringers are 2nd stringers. #55 in the middle is a game changer against teams that like to run between the tackles. 

Yep 3-5 yards before contact on most plays, quite embarrassing but I didn’t realize until it was pointed out to me that one of their best linebackers was dinged up. His plays were limited, another nagging injury should be good to go next week.

3 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Lol. Only smoke will be comin out of that funny pipe you got lit. Lol. Will Vidor beat Lumberton? Maybe. Smoke? Nope, I don’t think so. I’m a Vidor fan too. But keeping it real, I’m not as impressed as I was before the season started. Like y’all, Lumberton is riddled with injuries. Bad ones. One of them a 3 year starter. But that’s football folks. Anything is possible at this point. There is a lot of parity in this district. Hell, Livingston and BC were a “gimme” the past couple years. BC left and Livingston is seemingly better than they were. I think any team can win on any Friday (or Thursday/Saturday) at this point. I hope 55 gets better. That kids impressive. Even though we have to play y’all, I’d like to see him be able to play this season for his sake. 

*Slowly puts the pipe down and exhales... How did he know?

You guys might have some of those boys back by the time we play right? Last game of the season I think, who knows how that will play out. It’s obvious to me that there are 1 or 2 boys on each side of the ball that we can not afford to lose. 

23 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

*Slowly puts the pipe down and exhales... How did he know?

Lmao!!!

We won’t get 3 of the 2-way starters back and our best OL had ACL surgery a week or so ago. So that’s 4 huge losses. But like I said, that’s football. There’s a joke that goes, “it may be short, but it sure is skinny.”

Well, we may not have much depth but we sure are small. Lol. If I’m being honest, they’re a scrappy bunch. I’ve known most of them since 6 or 7 years old. I wouldn’t trade them for anything. Well, except for some Carthage lineman...

3 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Lmao!!!

We won’t get 3 of the 2-way starters back and our best OL had ACL surgery a week or so ago. So that’s 4 huge losses. But like I said, that’s football. There’s a joke that goes, “it may be short, but it sure is skinny.”

Well, we may not have much depth but we sure are small. Lol. If I’m being honest, they’re a scrappy bunch. I’ve known most of them since 6 or 7 years old. I wouldn’t trade them for anything. Well, except for some Carthage lineman...

LMAO emoji here. 🤣 

I hope the Pirates get the ball first this game and go score. I want to see them play with a lead, I think you will see them play inspired with a lot more juice if we can start right. Every game I can remember this year the other team takes the opening possession for a score and we are down 7-0 right out of the gate, kinda demoralizing. We end up needing a score coming out of halftime. Which we have gotten and played much better in the second half. We need to put a full game together, what better time than Homecoming.

5 hours ago, Realville said:

If Vidor doesn’t get some of their key Players and Passion back they’re not going to win Jack! #22 must have had 50 carries between the tackles an Vidor couldn’t stop it. Splendora is one dimensional offensively and very weak in covering the pass but they did what they had to do to win. 

I understand 8 starters were out last night, (counting some going both ways).  They were hurt in the Jasper game and it's not certain all will be back for LCM.

1 hour ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Man did you guys see that Silsbee lost their game bad and lost their cool bad. Looks like they took a worse loss than Vidor, yes I hope AAW sees this. Got smoked on the field and still showed their class.

Prime example, don't throw stones when you live in a glass house. It all came out tonight and showed it.

6 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

Lcm by 6 if we play our game. Peewee slot t shouldn't be hard to defend 

The offense did look pretty bad last week we had the peewee game plan in but I’d be careful. You could find yourself eating those words when we put up 400 yards rushing like we did the first 2 games. If you stack the box and put everybody on the line it might work out, it did for Splendora. 

10 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

The offense did look pretty bad last week we had the peewee game plan in but I’d be careful. You could find yourself eating those words when we put up 400 yards rushing like we did the first 2 games. If you stack the box and put everybody on the line it might work out, it did for Splendora. 

When Vidor offensive players finish their blocks off to the sound of the whistle Vidor moves the ball down the field with no problem. I haven’t been seeing that consistently.

I think the Pirates will be much better prepared this week, cause that Splendora game was a punch in the mouth and I hope they go back under center more with the Slot T and keep that LCM d-line guessing, especially if key starters aren't coming back. Hopefully #55 comes back this week also, like he said he was. But he was still limping and walking around in his boot when he was hanging around the house this weekend.

On 10/9/2020 at 12:29 AM, Boneyard Boys said:

Let me fix that for you...

I agree. Silsbee will lose to WO-S in an embarrassing blowout.

But the talk of Silsbee would beat Jasper and WOS back before Silsbee had even played a game was ludicrous. Then they eek out wins over Orangefield and Liberty, two teams that really aren't that good. Heck, Lumberton proved that they suck against Silsbee and Vidor will destroy Lumberton.

Based on what I have seen from Silsbee this season (game film I have watched) I just haven't seen the team that some Silsbee fans were speaking of early in the season.

WE WILL BE IN THE SAME BOAT AFTER THIS WEEK... How are the Aggies doing?

The Aggies just knocked off #4 Florida in case you were still wondering how they are doing.

Cautiously optimistic for Vidor.   Both teams lost last week.  Vidor because they had an out of body experience in most of the first half against a team they were suppose to whip.  LCM lost a very close game to a team that was suppose to roll over them.   So logic says Vidor comes out fired up and LCM will be a little down.  Vidor wins 20-14.

25 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Cautiously optimistic for Vidor.   Both teams lost last week.  Vidor because they had an out of body experience in most of the first half against a team they were suppose to whip.  LCM lost a very close game to a team that was suppose to roll over them.   So logic says Vidor comes out fired up and LCM will be a little down.  Vidor wins 20-14.

Still waiting for that Vidor blowout... Hopefully it comes this week, I don’t want to wait till the last game of the season.