LC-M @ Vidor (rescheduled home game)

piratevillain

2 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Never thought Silsbee was a juggernaut.

I don't think I am talking down on Vidor. Just not talking them up. Calling it like I see it. Descent 4A team that just dropped down from 5A.

I wasn't convinced that Vidor could beat Silsbee in week 1 before this week.

This is a good conversation and I’m glad you’re hanging in there well past 1 am. I got nothing else to do so I will continue the debate out of pure respect. I do wander though AAW, why don’t you like to talk up your own team but you want to call out people who talk up theirs? Interesting how that works but I think I know the answer.

1 minute ago, Boneyard Boys said:

This is a good conversation and I’m glad you’re hanging in there well past 1 am. I got nothing else to do so I will continue the debate out of pure respect. I do wander though AAW, why don’t you like to talk up your own team but you want to call out people who talk up theirs? Interesting how that works but I think I know the answer.

I talk up my team when it's warranted. I don't make them out to be better than what they really are. I'm a realist. I "stay in the lane".

My point is when someone is a bit over the top in talking up their team (which is the case with some Vidor fans) then they should expect some flak when that team doesn't live up to the billing.

Vidor isn't the only ones talking that way.

I have voiced my opinions on many other similar situations.

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I talk up my team when it's warranted. I don't make them out to be better than what they really are. I'm a realist. I "stay in the lane".

My point is when someone is a bit over the top in talking up their team (which is the case with some Vidor fans) then they should expect some flak when that team doesn't live up to the billing.

Vidor isn't the only ones talking that way.

I have voiced my opinions on many other similar situations.

Ok go talk to Dave Campbell and everyone else who picked Vidor to place first in the district. Almost every single prognosticator who has any say in HS football took the Pirates to finish at the top so I guess you need to voice your ever so important opinion to a lot of people. I think our team will win out and then we are back in play for DC if Splendora takes a loss. You won’t talk up your team because you know they can’t back it up this season. You have no chance whatsoever at a DC. Silsbee can’t win their district no matter what, WOS owns that.

3 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Ok go talk to Dave Campbell and everyone else who picked Vidor to place first in the district. Almost every single prognosticator who has any say in HS football took the Pirates to finish at the top so I guess you need to voice your ever so important opinion to a lot of people. I think our team will win out and then we are back in play for DC if Splendora takes a loss. You won’t talk up your team because you know they can’t back it up this season. You have no chance whatsoever at a DC. Silsbee can’t win their district no matter what, WOS owns that.

Boy y’all guys are fired up 😂

1 minute ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Correct. It's WO-S district to win.

I picked Vidor to win district. But winning a district when that district may be a bit down, is nothing to hang your hat on. Particularly when the talk was much more than winning district. 

Winning district isn't the "end all be all". Silsbee proved that the last two years.

If Vidor ends up winning out, great! But I am only basing my opinions on what has transpired.

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Correct. It's WO-S district to win.

I picked Vidor to win district. But winning a district when that district may be a bit down, is nothing to hang your hat on. Particularly when the talk was much more than winning district. 

Winning district isn't the "end all be all". Silsbee proved that the last two years.

If Vidor ends up winning out, great! But I am only basing my opinions on what has transpired.

Ok let’s talk about what has transpired when the week is over. Remind me, who do y’all play this week?

Just now, Boneyard Boys said:

Ok let’s talk about what has transpired when the week is over. Who do y’all play this week?

West Orange-Stark. I have the Mustangs winning by 20+.

The loss will have Silsbee at 3-2 with losses to then #2 state ranked Pleasant Grove and now #2 West Orange-Stark.

5 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

West Orange-Stark. I have the Mustangs winning by 20+.

The loss will have Silsbee at 3-2 with losses to then #2 state ranked Pleasant Grove and now #2 West Orange-Stark.

Man you gotta start quoting the loss to #4 ranked Jasper in there. A 20-14 loss makes you look even better than you are tbh.

Just now, Boneyard Boys said:

@LC-Mman I hope y’all play well next week and I hope the Pirates do too. I want to see a good game from start to finish. No more uninspired football like we had to watch in the first half for Vidor or it’s all over but the crying. Good luck to y’all.

You too man. I know we rag each other but I do pull for Vidor and have kin folk that played on one of the best seasons Vidor ever had. To be honest our area really doesn’t play great football except one program and that’s WOS IMO. Silsbee gets hot in the playoffs and I really think at times they could have been a state contender but have fallen short in the two state semi games. Newton has a good program. 

6 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Based on the fact that Lumberton beat Brazosport on the road without going to OT when Vidor needed OT to beat that same team at home, one could speculate that Lumberton is the better team.

I think Vidor is better than Lumberton. But you want to be speculative by bringing up Jasper/OF, well.

No. 

I want to be speculative about us beating Silsbee lol. 

Didn't mean to get all in your feels, just wish we could have played.

Good competition brings out good competitors.

I honestly think we would have been better off and possibly won this weeks game if we played y’all. 

But you know what, we’re talking about a game that never happened and will never happen so I don’t know what we’re talking about lol. 

4 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Vidor has to quit starting every game so damn slow, trailing 7-0 after every opening drive this year. We are constantly playing catch up and this isn’t the type of team or scheme to do that with. I still think the Pirates win this game, 31-17.

How good is y’all pass coverage? Huffman doubled our best receiver. I’d imagine y’all would do the same 

10 minutes ago, LC-M said:

How good is y’all pass coverage? Huffman doubled our best receiver. I’d imagine y’all would do the same 

I honestly couldn’t tell you, they have been decent when called upon but most teams just run it on us. I thought Splendora would throw it but their passing game doesn’t even look that good. They just ran it with #22 same draw play 90% of the time. We’ll probably let him go for 100 yards and 2 touchdowns before they figure out we need to do something different. We run our base crap until it doesn’t work, I don’t think we come into each game with a plan to stop the specific opponent. Just wing it, do what we do and see if it works. Next thing you know we’re down somehow trying to comeback... literally every game this year but this time we could get the lead.

23 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Good off topic conversation guys.

Hall of Fame off topic convo lol back on topic.

What do you think WOSd99, who wins this one?

I think Vidor rebounds in a big way, had 2 key starters out and another played limited snaps.

All should be back next week, idk why we had nagging injuries off a bye.