*Beaumont Bowl Game 2..Central vs. West Brook Predictions??*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year Central went up 14-0.  Hall ran a 7 yard out, broke a tackle and ran up the sideline for a score.  The other touchdown came when Central faked a punt and threw to the tightend who got run down inside the 5 and the Jag runningback punched it in.  After that WB defense put you guys on lock, just like they did the year before when your QB went for an 80 yarder.

My bad. But if I remember Hall was on the side line for much of the rest of the game.

no no no...the only reason Central went up by two quick scores was because they had their sprint relay team down there in pads suited up. After WB's defense ran them out of gas, our offense climbed back into the driver's seat and didn't look back. A better coached, more mature team will emerge with the Beaumont Bowl trophy......and it should be West Brook...AGAIN! ;)

It was very effective early on, Lee just made adjustments.  Central need to mix in a little more pass to keep Lee honest and didnt.  I think the sloppy field conditions may have been some concern to the OC and thats why he called the game the way he did.

This is a rivary game so talent and coaching will be secondary...  Both sets of kids want this game...  Yes brook shut down Centrals scoring in the second half last year (if I remeber correctly Central fumbled on two potential scoring drive in the second half so they may have shut themselves down with mistakes).  Central shut WB down the entire first half and WB  did not just run the score up second half.  But Just like the 94'-95' Brook team that team that was near bottom of district beat the playoff second seated  Central team quite bad, anything can happen in a rilvary game!   This time it will be my Jags... Good luck to both teams, no injuries just good old fashion football!

i didnt see any games last week...BUT from what i have heard it should be a close one.

Im callin WB by a td, simply because i feel like a lot of their problems had to do with the weather. I also know that the O-Line now knows what it feels like to play on Friday nights, so hopefully they will calm down a bit.

WB-24

Central Medical Magnet School-17

Well Central couldnt tackle Moore and Fobbs was under a lot of pressure.  West Brook has 2 RBs thats capable of duplicating Moore's success.  Also if you thought Lee got to your QB wait til Friday.  West Brook's problem was the QB threw 3 interceptions in the red zone.  That's easily 21 more pts added to a 20 pt win.  I think WB wins.

It's going to be a good game. All those weapons are nothing if they are not unleached. You gotta turn them loose. I felt like our coaches did better than lee stopping our offense. That two back back field. Both weapons standing on each si de of Fobbs. What is the purpose of this set. Someone please explain to me what is this set supose to accomplish. Fobbs has a good arm. Why not use it. Back the defense up. Then run the ball. keep the defense honest. We can't do this against Tha Brook. We gotta open it up. We've got the weapons. we gotta use them. There's no reason for our OC not to be able to utilize this awsome offense. I know there's capable OC,s licking there chops to have this talented unit. I'm not saying our OC is not capable. I just feel it's time to prove it. Just a reminder, last year we went up 14 0 on West Brook. before the half. Hall could have put the game away by his self. There was noway that corner could guard him one on one. Our OC ran that hitch twice. Both times Hall out ran the defense for 6. Then its was as if his play calling had a melt down. We will need all cylinders to win this game. Like Forest Gump Say," thats all I got to say" ;D

well said!

Better field conditions will make for a better game.  Stump is a good coach and knows how good this Central team is and will make adjustments, if need be.    The Question is will our coaches see how fast Brook's D-line is and use their speed and agressivness against them.  Also, nobody is saying how many dang false starts we had.  Kept putting us in 1st or 2nd and a mile.  I think that problem will be fixed, and Brook will get a full helping of Hall.

Better field conditions will make for a better game.  Stump is a good coach and knows how good this Central team is and will make adjustments, if need be.    The Question is will our coaches see how fast Brook's D-line is and use their speed and agressivness against them.  Also, nobody is saying how many dang false starts we had.  Kept putting us in 1st or 2nd and a mile.  I think that problem will be fixed, and Brook will get a full helping of Hall.

It's too bad these teams aren't on the same district. This is the kind of game I'd like at the end of the season.  8)

Seems we figured out a way to run a naked screen to hall. Everytime we ran a screen, he never had a blocker in front of him. Now one time a Lee defender caught him from behind. But that was because he was at fool speed and the field hendered exeleratiion from a stand still. But when we hit our reciever on the run we scored. Or we had success. He hit spikes regularly on the run. Now put Hall are Thomas on the other side and use them the same way. put one of them in the back field. Now your offense is much more dangerous. Use this kids  (Fobbs) arm.

I see both teams with comparable weapons RB's,WR's, QB's, good secondaries, agressive D-Lines, team speed. In this game which team making the least amount of mental mistakes, conditioning, basic fundamental tackling, coaches making adjustments on the fly such as exploiting matchups where they have a distinct advantage will win. Example: I believe it was 2 years ago when the Brook found a weakness in Central left side DE, he could not shed a blocker, so they ran a sweep to his side all night. Example: It was a mismatch between Frog and the WB corner last year. The corner never lined up in the right position or was given helf to stop it. Central just never went back to it,

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317

• He actually had a pretty solid year for a sophomore starting in that district. I can assure you, it hasn't hurt his recruiting at all and that will only improve with the move back to the Wack. 
    • If Crumedy eventually has bigger aspirations than being in Jasper, every aspect of the program will be looked at when someone interviews him for any job. He knows that. The mindset needs to be that any time someone wears a Jasper uniform, that they're doing everything they possibly can to win. It matters.
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up It's a poll but I could definitely see this as realistic.   From the article: Catholics in the United States have swung dramatically against President Biden in recent years, now boasting a significant statistical break towards his GOP challenger. Pew Research released on Apr. 30 a report exploring support for presidential candidates sorted by religious affiliation. The poll found that 55% of Catholics support or lean towards supporting former President Donald Trump in a head-to-head against Biden. Conversely, only 45% of Catholics support Biden in the same one-on-one pairing. The 12% margin of support in favor of Trump marks a significant shift from 2020, when he held an extremely narrow lead — 50% to 49%. Biden currently leads among Hispanic Catholics with a narrow 49%-47% split, but the close contest marks a major shift rightward for the demographic. In 2020, a similar poll from Pew Research found Hispanic Catholics preferred Biden to Trump with a staggering 67%-26% split.
    • You said a lot there. Truthfully, that is the root of the issue. Who cares what a kid thinks about how coaches are running a program? Kids play, coaches coach. For some reason, parents have this backward in a lot of places and its wreaking havoc. 
    • He's already stated he's a huge Clinton fan.
  • Topics