*Texashsfootball 21 3A Preview/(Kirbyville Picked 4th)

For the most part, the "hype" about us is more muted this year, as most think we'll be less potent due to youth. While that is probably true, some of our most "inexperienced" teams ended up being hungry enough to compile some of our best seasons.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well your right about that not being to much "hype" i mean you guys (wos) got all the hype lol but i mean we went from a nothing team to 4th in dave cambles magazine then to second behind wos in this preview, so i think there is a lil more hype than expected i mean think about it going from a 2 and 8 season to a playoff berth, thats a big leap but i mean i cant wait to strap up agains yall

Don't get the big head until we win some games. I can promise you that if you stay focused and the team stays focused, we'll be fine. Concentrate on football and stop reading previews. There's a long way to go...and if there's something you need to know that's written somewhere, Coach Brooks will put in on the bulletin board. This is the most important Bulldog season in years and you guys need to STAY FOCUSED.

I don't think there's all that much "hype," but I do think most expect Jasper to be on the upswing pretty quickly. I'm rooting for them to make the playoffs. They've always been one of my favorite non-WO-S teams (Jasper and Newton).

You keep cuting me deep WOS92,  real deep....  ;)

Lonestargridiron.com rankings

1. Kirbyville -- #13 in the state  Hazlewood & Rhodes and 2 All-District OL returning

2. West Orange-Stark -- #24 in the state RB DePaudrick Garrett over 1300 rushing yards

3. Silsbee -- WR Donovan Harris &  6'3" 300 lbs OL Daniel Poulas

4. Jasper

5. Hamshire-Fannett

6. Hardin-Jefferson

7. Bridge City

8. Orangefield

You keep cuting me deep WOS92,  real deep.... 

Got nothin' against Silsbee, either :) We just have a long rivalry with Jasper, and I'd probably feel different if we hadn't done so well in the series. When you have a fairly convincing record against a team, but most games have been hard-fought and many down to the wire, you kind of develop a fondness for them...

wos as normal will win district, make a run in the playoffs, then just like last year and the year before that and the year before that too!!

Naw.....We got they number this year. You will be surprised, but stick with them Stangs....I aint tripping. Every in this forum expecting them to win district any way.

Alright, all ya'll take it easy now.

OK first order of business, from what I know of the players from the HJ team, if they have the drive and the coaches put a fire under them, i could see them at third or fourth in the district. I know it seems a long shot for some of ya'll. It's not just because I used to play there, but there is some real talent there this year. In the past, the players have relied on one or two key players to pull them through district play, but the team this year has a good spread of talent. If they mesh together and can play as a team, they could pull it out.

Naw.....We got they number this year. You will be surprised, but stick with them Stangs....I aint tripping. Every in this forum expecting them to win district any way.

Maybe because Kville has been talking (mostly you) and has yet to back it up. Maybe it's because WO-S has a long tradition of winning and Kirbyville has a long tradition of losing. That may change this year, but your words ain't gonna do ANYTHING but make people root against them.

Got nothin' against Silsbee, either :) We just have a long rivalry with Jasper, and I'd probably feel different if we hadn't done so well in the series. When you have a fairly convincing record against a team, but most games have been hard-fought and many down to the wire, you kind of develop a fondness for them...

OK,  I'll put a band-aid on it for now.... 8)

Maybe because Kville has been talking (mostly you) and has yet to back it up. Maybe it's because WO-S has a long tradition of winning and Kirbyville has a long tradition of losing. That may change this year, but your words ain't gonna do ANYTHING but make people root against them.

We'll see come October 5. WOS. 92! Long tradition of losing?? Kirbyville always had some heck of athletes. We had terrible seasons in the 90's but decent in the 80's due to poor coaching staffs. Kirbyville picked up around 2002 and been successful every since. We will be successful this year and should be stronger next year.....We know you guys have had the "Great Dan Hooks" for years and been successful. We getting there. We have a Excellent program and determine to win. We will give you guys all yall can handle this year. I'm not going to rush this game because we still have Jasper to play and its going to be tough in barn yard this year. Go Wildcats!!!!! 

Fine, balla - a significant record of losing. I don't know the records pre-1990, but I do know that from 1990 through last year (all records combined), Kville lost 56 percent of its games (that's more than half ;)). The records since 2002 have been reasonable - not spectacular, but not horrible. I'm not going to compare our record during that same stretch - or all time - but the point I made earlier stands.

Fine, balla - a significant record of losing. I don't know the records pre-1990, but I do know that from 1990 through last year (all records combined), Kville lost 56 percent of its games (that's more than half ;)). The records since 2002 have been reasonable - not spectacular, but not horrible. I'm not going to compare our record during that same stretch - or all time - but the point I made earlier stands.

A significant record of losing 8)

Balla since you like to pm me so much, I am getting tired of reading the same old song and dance.

The private messages are so funny,I thought I would share them.

I like how you stated Silsbee was lucky last year. What about the 2 years before that?

k-villeballa

Sophomore

[applaud] [smite]

ZERO TOLERANCE FOR DRY HATIN

« Sent to: SVille YellowJackets on: Today at 03:39:41 AM » Quote Reply Remove   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I noticed you actually believe we won't make the playoffs. Man.....we is fixing to beat the Sh**t out of Silsbee. This is the year Silsbee doesn't get in considering Jasper will be alot tougher than last year and us as well. Give it up dude Silsbee sucks!!! They got lucky last year when they beat Kirbyville, but it aint happening this year I promise. Talk your sh**t when this game is over partner!!!!!

Guest EagleFan01

If Kirbyville plays as bad as they did tonight they will finish 4th or 5th in the district.... They couldn't stop Newton for anything tonight. Newton ran the ball with ease and passed it down the field all night on that Kvillballa defense....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder