Silsbee 84 Houston Booker T. Washington 83/FINAL

6 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Yes Washington is a bad team, I have watched Washington play this season and they do not rebound well, has no height and their press is a joke

They rebounded fairly well tonight,  their height is about the same as the Tigers although if you went and compared man to man in the starting 5 we may have had an inch or 2 advantage.....which is very rare this year.  And as fir their press,  i wouldnt say it was great but tonight it gave us some trouble. I do wonderwhich one of the two teams was the worse free throw shooting team tonight buti think it was probably the team that ended up on the short side.

23 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Service in Crosby was very sketchy to say the least.  Our Tigers definitely looked lackluster tonight.  We looked sluggish or lazy on some of our passes,  defense and rebounding much of the time. It looked like you might get 2 or 3 Tigers going all out at one time but never all together.  If we get through friday night and play against Yates press and dont improve on how we handled the press tonight, it wont be pretty to say the least.  Tonight we almost lost the game at the free throw line and yet we won it at the free throw line at the same time.  Yes i know doesnt make much sense when you read it.  But what i am getting at is we missed enough free throws to lose the game.  Yet Washington shot just as bad if not worse from the line to allow us to win.  At the end of the day the only thing that matters at this time of the year is moving on to the next round and we are going back tomour second home in Huntsville.  Way to go Tigers!  Way to pull through on an off night and live to play another day.

Internet service was terrible. Couldn't get my broadcast to stay connected.

Silsbee was 12/26 FT and 2 of 24 three's.

Bush finished with 32 but that was probably the worst game I have seen him play this season. Missed several layups, was 1 of 9 from three, had several turnovers and didn't play very well on the defensive end.

With the opportunities that Washington gave Silsbee tonight, Tigers should have had another 100 point night.

Washington's last lead was 7-6. Silsbee led by as much as 13.

Silsbee was fortunate to win this one.