Next Year

no-look

Bottom line HF has lost plenty athletes to BC,Ozen, Nederland,Ec,Hj over the yr for sport purposes. Now athletes are staying home. There are plenty that stay in fannett estates that attend bmt isd. Remember when Peavy might got hf football job yrs back and it was stated on this forum 7 players would come.  Why do u think that cause that are zoned for hf. We jus lost underclassmen beginning of yr to wb who will be good as hell for them in upcoming yrs. Now ones on Hf varsity definitely live in district. 

Just now, drich329 said:

Bottom line HF has lost plenty athletes to BC,Ozen, Nederland,Ec,Hj over the yr for sport purposes. Now athletes are staying home. There are plenty that stay in fannett estates that attend bmt isd. Remember when Peavy might got hr football job yrs back and it was started on this forum 7 players would come.  Why do u think that cause that are zoned for hf. We jus lost underclassmen beginning of yr to wb who will be good as hell for them in upcoming yrs. Now ones on Hf varsity definitely live in district. 

For some reason folks not getting that. I really know what the problem is, but am keeping it strictly within the frame of which many are arguing which is sports vs academics. The campus changed a bit this year and will change a little bit more with the success of both the football team and basketball team next year as kid who were perceived to live outside of the district are coming home due to various reasons, sports just being one part of it. BISD is a dumpster fire and the only reason any kid that attends a BISD high school versus HF which they are zoned for was purely for athletics. Now that is improving at HF because of good coaching hires. The underclassmen are coming home because academics are much better at HF.

4 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

But lost to Ozen and Nederland in district and lost to Ozen in regional finals in 2015.

Ozen was ranked right behind them in state 😂. They were stacked too! Nederland had some dogs of their own and could beat anyone on a given night. They just weren't as deep as Ozen and Central. Just like HF beat HJ, Silsbee, and Huffman on the court this year. Heck HF jv won the Dayton High school varsity tournament! 

4 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

Ozen was ranked right behind them in state 😂. They were stacked too! Nederland had some dogs of their own and could beat anyone on a given night. They just weren't as deep as Ozen and Central. Just like HF beat HJ, Silsbee, and Huffman on the court this year. Heck HF jv won the Dayton High school varsity tournament! 

You tired of being wrong?

Dayton did not host a varsity basketball tourney this season.

DAYTON BRONCOS (9-20, 1-11)

Nov. 15 - Woodlands Legacy Prep, 94-40

Nov. 19 - Tarkington (Lee College), 61-55

Nov. 22 - at New Caney, 49-64

Nov. 25 - at Galveston O'Connell, 46-45

Nov. 26 - Galena Park, 49-68

Dec. 3 - Houston Chavez, ccl

Dec. 5-7 - Deweyville Tournament

Colmesneil, 70-29

Hamshire-Fannett JV, 55-58

Liberty, 37-47

Dec. 10 - Beaumont Kelly, 61-64

Dec. 12-14 - Colmesneil Tournament

Kountze, 66-86

Corrigan-Camden, 74-42

Colmesneil, 92-47

Kountze, 57-62

Sabine Pass, 67-49

Dec. 17 - at Pasadena Rayburn (Phillips), 58-60

Dec. 19-21 - Huntington Tournament

Lufkin Pineywoods, 44-48

Woden, 63-58

Bullard Brook Hill, 26-46

Gary, 41-66

Alto, 76-48

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

That's not what you stated.

Dayton lost 20 games this year. There was a reason this 5A school scheduled themselves in 2A hosted tournaments.

Did they, a 5A school, loose to HF jv at the deweyville tournament that HF jv won? Again I stand corrected, it was the deweyville Tournament. 

12 minutes ago, Benchwarmer9 said:

Like I said Fannett doesn’t have the new kids this year they get last in district!!! 

HJ don't have JP from Beaumont Harmony science Academy they lose to HF twice and get demolished by Silsbee twice along with a few other loses that were wins because of him. EC doesn't go to state last year without Ceasar from Beaumont or the 6'4 kid from high Island who both transferred in a year apart from each other. If BISD doesnt get caught up in misconduct and Central and Ozen dont combine, alot of area schools have very different seasons the past few years. 😂 

1 minute ago, Cardinal 1 said:

Did they, a 5A school, loose to HF jv at the deweyville tournament that HF jv won? Again I stand corrected, it was the deweyville Tournament. 

Yes. I saw Dayton play a few times this season. There are several local JV teams that would beat them. HF doesn't need to hang their hat on that win.

Like I said, there was a reason why Dayton scheduled 2A tournaments.

Just now, AggiesAreWe said:

Yes. I saw Dayton play a few times this season. There are several local JV teams that would beat them. HF doesn't need to hang their hat on that win.

Like I said, there was a reason why Dayton scheduled 2A tournaments.

Their JV played them and won that tournament, not the varsity. My point was their pipeline is pretty strong right now.

Like I said Fannett gets last in district if the new kids don’t come to Fannett, what I’m saying you have to have players to win, Fannett has 2 really good new players and they won!!! Stop acting like Fannett doesn’t have pretty good athletes. They had a young team the year before and had everyone back. 

3 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

HJ don't have JP from Beaumont Harmony science Academy they lose to HF twice and get demolished by Silsbee twice along with a few other loses that were wins because of him. EC doesn't go to state last year without Ceasar from Beaumont or the 6'4 kid from high Island who both transferred in a year apart from each other. If BISD doesnt get caught up in misconduct and Central and Ozen dont combine, alot of area schools have very different seasons the past few years. 😂 

Porter is a good player but he is not THAT important to the success of HJ.

IMO, Wirth and Samaha were more important to the success of HJ than Porter.