Next Year

no-look

3 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Celtics lost to rockets by one last night.    If Kemba Walker had played, would it have made a difference?  And, it would seem to me that finishing first versus fourth is a good reflection of how much better someone is than someone else

If you're that much better then someone, then you beat them both times. Also what's the excuse in the first game? HJ barely won. Silsbee can argue those semantics due to the first meeting, but not HJ. Also it's all about adjustments on the coaching level. Being down one player shouldn't make a difference 8f you're that much better

6 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

I dont believe he's coaching the team, just involved. He took time off from coaching for family. But you never really stop coaching. I like coach Pace, he's a good guy just took the job at the wrong time in life last year. What does that matter?

If he’s coaching the team he’s working in two different school districts 🤦‍♂️

8 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

If you're that much better then someone, then you beat them both times. Also what's the excuse in the first game? HJ barely won. Silsbee can argue those semantics due to the first meeting, but not HJ. Also it's all about adjustments on the coaching level. Being down one player shouldn't make a difference 8f you're that much better

Barely won?  Yea, right.   HJ led the entire game and a long three by a seldom used player toward the end made it a 3 point game.  Being down a key player does make a difference and being without two at crunch time is a huge difference.  Speaking of hilarious, I thought it was pretty hilarious that the put back at the end made by HF was made by a former HJ player who, no doubt, moved to HF for "educational opportunities."

2 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Barely won?  Yea, right.   HJ led the entire game and a long three by a seldom used player toward the end made it a 3 point game.  Being down a key player does make a difference and being without two at crunch time is a huge difference.  Speaking of hilarious, I thought it was pretty hilarious that the put back at the end made by HF was made by a former HJ player who, no doubt, moved to HF for "educational opportunities."

Wining by 3 is barely winning my friend regardless of whether you lead the whole game or not. 🤷‍♂️

28 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

Wining by 3 is barely winning my friend regardless of whether you lead the whole game or not. 🤷‍♂️

Duke recently lost to Virginia and Wake Forest.   Wanna make a bet who gets the furthest in the NCAA tourney? ( and by the way,  the ex HJ player who made that shot for HF shoots holes in your claim that other than the two new kids on Varsity and the one on JV are the only non HF program kids in the mix).  The HJ victory at HJ was never in doubt.  Which final score between HJ and HF better describes barely?  The Memphis Grizzlies just beat the Lakers 105-88.  Tell me who the better team is this season?

17 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Duke recently lost to Virginia and Wake Forest.   Wanna make a bet who gets the furthest in the NCAA tourney? ( and by the way,  the ex HJ player who made that shot for HF shoots holes in your claim that other than the two new kids on Varsity and the one on JV are the only non HF program kids in the mix).  The HJ victory at HJ was never in doubt.  Which final score between HJ and HF better describes barely?

Virginia is a recent national champion and duke has been bounced early the last few years. Things change my friend when a school finally gets a good coach and a couple players. Also HF is open enrollment. Any kid can go there so nothing illegal going on there if that's what you are trying to say

1 hour ago, Cardinal 1 said:

Then I stand corrected, I thought he was still there. 🤷‍♂️

One that seems to have the "pulse" of Hamshire-Fannett basketball (at least based on your comments) should know that Coach Pace is at Lumberton now and not at HF middle school.

Perhaps your knowledge is not that great after all. Not enough at least to question anyone else's knowledge of "area" high school hoops.

I guess I will have to take your future post on this sport with a grain of salt.

16 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

One that seems to have the "pulse" of Hamshire-Fannett basketball (at least based on your comments) should know that Coach Pace is at Lumberton now and not at HF middle school.

Perhaps your knowledge is not that great after all. Not enough at least to question anyone else's knowledge of "area" high school hoops.

I guess I will have to take your future post on this sport with a grain of salt.

Take it how you want. Apparently you have a specific problem with the HF program's turn around or maybe just Coach Rideaux. Either way, everything I said will show next year. I thought Coach Pace was still there, that's my mistake, as yours will be shown next season if the Lord says the same and you see it 

Just now, Cardinal 1 said:

Take it how you want. Apparently you have a specific problem with the HF program's turn around or maybe just Coach Rideaux. Either way, everything I said will show next year. I thought Coach Pace was still there, that's my mistake, as yours will be shown next season if the Lord says the same and you see it 

I have no problem with HF. Good folk there.

I just call out posters who want to make bold comments and act like "they know" over others. You make such profound comments on Hamshire-Fannett one would assume you would know who the middle school coach was or at least know Coach Pace wasn't there.

Using words like "will" and "best" can come back to haunt you.

14 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I have no problem with HF. Good folk there.

I just call out posters who want to make bold comments and act like "they know" over others. You make such profound comments on Hamshire-Fannett one would assume you would know who the middle school coach was or at least know Coach Pace wasn't there.

Using words like "will" and "best" can come back to haunt you.

😂😂😂come back to haunt me? Dude this is an opinionated forum, none of us know exactly what will happen just our opinions based on what we believe. Lol 

7 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

😂😂😂come back to haunt me? Dude this is an opinionated forum, none of us know exactly what will happen just our opinions based on what we believe. Lol 

Well, so far you have been wrong on 3 accounts in your short time here but by all means keep posting your "expert" opinions.

5 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

As in our coverage area on this site? That's about a 105 school coverage.

That's a pretty bold statement saying HF would have the best backcourt in our coverage area next year.

I totally agree...from what I've seen one of the best backcourts will be a Sophmore and Sr at United...Henry and Yates...

8 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Well, so far you have been wrong on 3 accounts in your short time here but by all means keep posting your "expert" opinions.

Wrong? 😂😂 Everything I said is based on the future season. I was only wrong on Coach Pace. Unless you gave a crystal ball or time machine 

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

He's about as tied in with HF basketball as one can be.  The season ended Friday and he knows about a new transfer coming in already.  He's been working in it a while.  Pretending he didn't know Matt Pace was at Lumberton is a smokescreen.

4 hours ago, Cardinal 1 said:

Virginia is a recent national champion and duke has been bounced early the last few years. Things change my friend when a school finally gets a good coach and a couple players. Also HF is open enrollment. Any kid can go there so nothing illegal going on there if that's what you are trying to say

Answer my question.  Who will go further in the NCAA tournament.  Duke, Virginia, or Wake Forest?

8 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Then Virginia will receive a higher seeding than Duke?

Yes, Duke projected 3 seed, Virginia I believe will be a 2 seed. But we both know that don't always matter in the Tournament. Virginia is a little deeper then Duke. Duke has more talent in their starting. 

4 hours ago, Cardinal 1 said:

Wrong? 😂😂 Everything I said is based on the future season. I was only wrong on Coach Pace. Unless you gave a crystal ball or time machine 

You were wrong stating I had some problem with HF basketball. You were wrong stating that HF played Silsbee tough the first time in district though Silsbee won by 20+.

That makes 3.

Care to continue?

37 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

You were wrong stating I had some problem with HF basketball. You were wrong stating that HF played Silsbee tough the first time in district though Silsbee won by 20+.

That makes 3.

Care to continue?

You having an issue with HF and its newly found success is still debatable, they did play Silsbee tough which showed the adjustments that needed to be made which they did in the second meeting. 

5 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

You having an issue with HF and its newly found success is still debatable, they did play Silsbee tough which showed the adjustments that needed to be made which they did in the second meeting. 

I don't have a problem with HF so that's not debatable. Silsbee could have taken HF lightly after beating them by 20+ at HF. That could have more to do with HF winning than their adjustments.