OneChance,

Barbers Hill and Beaumont United will be battling for the top spot, with my thought being United will have the edge. I think BH will have the best player in the district with then Soph PG, but she will be losing a lot of length on her supporting cast.

Then, it will be a fight for the third and fourth spot with a big drop off in talent between, Nederland, Crosby, PAM (They lose several girls) and possibly PNG (They lose their top two scorers, but have some young talent that is stepping up).

Then you will have GP taking Cleveland’s place.

1 minute ago, OneChance said:

Barbers Hill and Beaumont United will be battling for the top spot, with my thought being United will have the edge. I think BH will have the best player in the district with then Soph PG, but she will be losing a lot of length on her supporting cast.

Then, it will be a fight for the third and fourth spot with a big drop off in talent between, Nederland, Crosby, PAM (They lose several girls) and possibly PNG (They lose their top two scorers, but have some young talent that is stepping up).

Ok,understood.  So PA is being hit hard with graduation again.  I was under the impression why they took a step back this year... 

21 minutes ago, OneChance said:

I might make some Tuesday games, but will be making a bunch of Friday/weekend trips to San Antonio or whatever out of town destination my daughter will be playing at for Trinity University, so hopefully the BH vs United falls on a Tuesday.

8m sure at least one of then will fall on Tuesday...

20 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Ok,understood.  So PA is being hit hard with graduation again.  I was under the impression why they took a step back this year... 

Yea, PAM is not anywhere close to United or BH, unless they have some middle school girls coming up. They still have a speedster at the PG position, but they don’t have any real height like they had with Julia Sion.

I also think that it will be a 2 team race for the top spot between United and BH.  I think United will win this district tho, they will have more pieces while BH will probably have the best player with Carter even tho United's Anderson will also be in that discussion before its said and done.  I will take Crosby for the third spot based off of coaching, Coach Trotter will get that team going in the right direction.  Then the 4th spot will be a toss up.

31 minutes ago, DogPride said:

Don’t underestimate Nederland!  
Nederland isn’t graduating anyone, they had a first year head coach, and started 3 freshmen this season.  This year was a learning curve, expect to see them stronger next year!

I have Ned in 3rd next year. No way are they competing with BH The next three years or United over the next two years. Talent is just at a different level.

On 2/4/2020 at 6:50 AM, OneChance said:

Nederland has Ava Wiltz, Sidney Nelson and Maggie Baker who are Freshman and are assets to their team.  I think Nederland will be battling for third with Port Neches.  Even though Port Neches is losing their top scorers, I have seen their JV team play.  You will have those girls moving up.  Plus Port Neches has one Freshman on Varsity now...right?  I think it will be a Mid County Battle for third and fourth place.

On 2/7/2020 at 3:05 PM, AggieforLife said:

Nederland has Ava Wiltz, Sidney Nelson and Maggie Baker who are Freshman and are assets to their team.  I think Nederland will be battling for third with Port Neches.  Even though Port Neches is losing their top scorers, I have seen their JV team play.  You will have those girls moving up.  Plus Port Neches has one Freshman on Varsity now...right?  I think it will be a Mid County Battle for third and fourth place.

Nederland does have those 3 freshmen and they are great all around athletes.

Let me just remind you since your talking about JV teams, Nederland’s Jv has improved drastically this season and beat that PNG JV team that your talking about.  So yes, next season should be real interesting.

PNG has 2 Freshman and 3 Juniors that all see plying time returning next year. JV has some good players, the Freshman team has been solid all year, (PAM Freshman team has been the best squad) and PNG has an 8th grader that could make an impact next year. They have been building a solid foundation for the last three years.

Crosby is a huge unknown to me, just a couple of years ago that had one of the top programs in the area, now it’s looking like they will miss the playoffs.