12 Year old

It's true that alot of kids at GNLL did play American that long ago, but it's something bringing them to GNLL. For whatever reason your trying to bash our league. All the kids are from Groves no matter what league they play in. I think it's great for us to have a competitive youth baseball program. I'm just a good old fashion lilltle league fan, and that's why my kids play little league. I could have put them at the disfunctional American league, but I would rather them have fun, learn baseball, in a atmosphere that is more condusive for kids. My personal opinion is that American get's out of hand. The group of kids this year aren't at the level of the kids last year, but they are still a good team.

I agree it's great I wish my old league would have stayed at the level it was when I played but things go in cycles the main thing is that it's Groves and that will always be my hometown so I will support it. I'm not sure what's going on at GA but I hope they can get it together. I love watching youth league baseball be it PONY, Little League, etc...I just liked being able to lead off base by the time I was nine it made me feel more prepared for PONY League.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So when and where does BC play next?

THEY ADVANCED TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND AGAINST GROVES BUT THEY HAVE TO WIN TWO BUT I  THINK THEY CAN DO IT.... .THE FIRST ONE'S IN GROVES LITTLE LEAGUE TOMORROW AT 7:30.. I F THEY WIN THAT ONE THE SHIP GOES BACK TO BRIDGE CITY MONDAY AT 7:30.......... GOOD LUCK CARDINALS!!! THESE SHOULD BE SOME GOOD BALL GAMES.......MAY THE BEST TEAM ADVANCE TO SECTIONALS.... :D

Guest Orangeboy

THEY ADVANCED TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND AGAINST GROVES BUT THEY HAVE TO WIN TWO BUT I  THINK THEY CAN DO IT.... .THE FIRST ONE'S IN GROVES LITTLE LEAGUE TOMORROW AT 7:30.. I F THEY WIN THAT ONE THE SHIP GOES BACK TO BRIDGE CITY MONDAY AT 7:30.......... GOOD LUCK CARDINALS!!! THESE SHOULD BE SOME GOOD BALL GAMES.......MAY THE BEST TEAM ADVANCE TO SECTIONALS.... :D

Which Groves field are they playing at, the one off of 73 or the one by Market Basket?

DISTRICT 32 CHAMPIONSHIP

Groves National  13

Bridge City  2  F/4

I was there, Groves NLL played awesome.  Errors didn't beat BC tonight, hitting and pitching for Groves did. Groves has a solid defense and good bats. Hernandez hit a homerun that still hasn't landed.  No more excuses from the nay sayers. BC made a couple of errors, but it didn't matter because Groves 10 run ruled them. BC had some big ole boys.

Guest Orangeboy

I was there, Groves NLL played awesome.  Errors didn't beat BC tonight, hitting and pitching for Groves did. Groves has a solid defense and good bats. Hernandez hit a homerun that still hasn't landed.  No more excuses from the nay sayers. BC made a couple of errors, but it didn't matter because Groves 10 run ruled them. BC had some big ole boys.

You are correct that Groves pitched and played well. They also put the ball in play and were also very patient at the plate. They forced BC to make the plays. I think BC had more than a few errors though, I counted at least 6. Groves just had the better team. Best of luck to them.

YEAH I STILL THINK BC SHOULDVE WON THE FIRST TIME.. BUT LIKE YOU SAID GROVES CAME OUT TO PLAY TONIGHT!! NO EXCUSES FOR THIS ONE JUST A BLOWOUT.... WE DID HAVE SOME ERRORS EARLY THAT GOT GROVES GOING THOUGH, BUT THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN SAY BC HAD TWO CHANCES TO BEAT THEM, AND GOT BEAT TWICE.... IF THEY WOULDVE TOOKEN CARE OF THEM THAT FIRST TIME THEY'D BE PLAYING MONDAY, BUT OH WELL... GROVES MIGHT NOT LLOK LIKE BIG HITTERS, BUT THEY DEFFINANTELY TAKE THIER HACKS I WAS IMPRESSED!! LOL AND THE PITCHER WAS LITTLE TOO, BUT HE THREW HARD SO TO ALL THOSE TEAM'S IN SECTONALS, DONT TAKE GROVES LIGHTLY..LOL EVEN AFTER TONIGHT I STILL THINK BC HAS THE BETTER PLAYERS, BUT GROVES IS JUST AN AWESOME TEAM, AND UNLIKE THE OTHER YEARS BC JUST DIDNT SEEM TO BE IN IT AND DIDNT LOOK LIKE A TEAM AT ALL... LAST YEAR I COULD DEFFINANTELY SAY THEY WERE A TEAM!!!... I WASNT A FAN OF THE BIG FIREWORKS THING AT THE END THOUGH, LIKE IT WAS AN ASTROS GAME OR SOMEHTING, BC WOULD NEVER HAD BEEN THAT DISRESPECTFUL LIKE THAT TO GROVES, AND BELIEVE ME OVER THE YEARS BC HAS OWNED DISTRICT!!! I WAS ABOUT TO GO OVER THERE AND START TAKING NAMES.......WELL GOOD LUCK GROVES, MAYBE WE'LL SEE YOU ON T.V.  ;)!

YEAH I STILL THINK BC SHOULDVE WON THE FIRST TIME.. BUT LIKE YOU SAID GROVES CAME OUT TO PLAY TONIGHT!! NO EXCUSES FOR THIS ONE JUST A BLOWOUT.... WE DID HAVE SOME ERRORS EARLY THAT GOT GROVES GOING THOUGH, BUT THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN SAY BC HAD TWO CHANCES TO BEAT THEM, AND GOT BEAT TWICE.... IF THEY WOULDVE TOOKEN CARE OF THEM THAT FIRST TIME THEY'D BE PLAYING MONDAY, BUT OH WELL... GROVES MIGHT NOT LLOK LIKE BIG HITTERS, BUT THEY DEFFINANTELY TAKE THIER HACKS I WAS IMPRESSED!! LOL AND THE PITCHER WAS LITTLE TOO, BUT HE THREW HARD SO TO ALL THOSE TEAM'S IN SECTONALS, DONT TAKE GROVES LIGHTLY..LOL EVEN AFTER TONIGHT I STILL THINK BC HAS THE BETTER PLAYERS, BUT GROVES IS JUST AN AWESOME TEAM, AND UNLIKE THE OTHER YEARS BC JUST DIDNT SEEM TO BE IN IT AND DIDNT LOOK LIKE A TEAM AT ALL... LAST YEAR I COULD DEFFINANTELY SAY THEY WERE A TEAM!!!... I WASNT A FAN OF THE BIG FIREWORKS THING AT THE END THOUGH, LIKE IT WAS AN ASTROS GAME OR SOMEHTING, BC WOULD NEVER HAD BEEN THAT DISRESPECTFUL LIKE THAT TO GROVES, AND BELIEVE ME OVER THE YEARS BC HAS OWNED DISTRICT!!! I WAS ABOUT TO GO OVER THERE AND START TAKING NAMES.......WELL GOOD LUCK GROVES, MAYBE WE'LL SEE YOU ON T.V.  ;)!

Fireworks were done just like last year because it was left overs from the 4th. It's also nice to have something for the youth after winning district. I'm sorry that you didn't approve of them, but it wasn't taking a shot at BC. Speaking of disrespect, you put LOL on your post every time you mention Groves. I think the best team won by what I saw. BC didn't impress me one bit. Good luck to Groves in Sectionals. We'll spot you 10 runs next year ;)

Fireworks were done just like last year because it was left overs from the 4th. It's also nice to have something for the youth after winning district. I'm sorry that you didn't approve of them, but it wasn't taking a shot at BC. Speaking of disrespect, you put LOL on your post every time you mention Groves. I think the best team won by what I saw. BC didn't impress me one bit. Good luck to Groves in Sectionals. We'll spot you 10 runs next year ;)

WELL THAT'S NICE AND ALL, BUT IM NOT A PLAYER, JUST A FAN I'VE ALREADY BEEN THROUGH THIS LITTLE LEAGUE STUFF AND NOW I KNOW ALL THAT REALLY MATTERS IS HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL... BUT WHEN I DID PLAY YOUTH BASEBALL, I  REMEMBER 10 RUN RULING  GROVES AND EVEN PORT NECHES FOR THAT MATTER EVERYTIME WE PLAYED THEM IN LITTLE LEAGUE ALL STARS(2000-2003) AND PONY ALLSTARS(2004-2005) AND STILL TODAY IN HIGH SCHOOL SO THERE'S NOTHING I CAN DO IF THE KIDS TODAY AREN'T AS GOOD AS MY GRADE WAS, BUT I STILL THINK THEY WERE JUST NOT FOCUSED AT ALL THE FIRST TIME......I FELT SORRY FOR YALL THE FIRST TIME THEY PLAYED BECAUSE WE HAD THE SIZE ADVATAGE, BUT IF THEY EVER DO PLAY YALL AGAIN I'LL BE SURE TO TELL THEM ABOUT ALL THIS TRASH TALKING Y'ALL DO AND WELL SEE WHAT HAPPENS....

I figured you to be a youngster. Hey, I'm not dogging BC, excellent baseball from there, but don't get on here and start anything about YOUTH baseball. Your team was probably good whenever. Do you feel better now. I came up through Amelia Little League in the 80's, and we were good. Big Deal. Groves was the better team this year. By the way, I have one word for you "JASPER" ouch!!!!LOL ;D Good Luck next year!!! Now you can say I'm trash talking ;)

I figured you to be a youngster. Hey, I'm not dogging BC, excellent baseball from there, but don't get on here and start anything about YOUTH baseball. Your team was probably good whenever. Do you feel better now. I came up through Amelia Little League in the 80's, and we were good. Big Deal. Groves was the better team this year. By the way, I have one word for you "JASPER" ouch!!!!LOL ;D Good Luck next year!!! Now you can say I'm trash talking ;)

OKAY SO NOW I KNWO THIS IS ONE OF THE COACHES, EITHER THE REALLY FAT ONE OR THE NERD AT THIRD.....OUCH ;).... AND ALL I DID WAS SIT THE BENCH AGAINST JASPER AS A CALL UP FROM JV, SO THERE'S NOTHING I COULD DO TO HELP, BECUASE I NEVER GOT A CHANCE, BUT ILL BE A STARTER NEXT YEAR....OUCH 8)

DISTRICT 12

1st Round

Jasper def. Kirbyville

North End def. Buna

West End def. Silsbee

Lumberton def. Spindletop

Amelia def. Tyler County

2nd Round Winners Bracket

South Tyler County def. Kirbyville

Evadale def. North End

West End def. Lumberton

Kountze def. Amelia

3rd Round Winners Bracket

Evadale def. South Tyler County

West End def. Kountze

4th Round Winners Bracket

West End def. Evadale

CHAMPIONSHIP

Evadale/Kountze at West End, Tuesday 7:30 pm

Losers Bracket

Spindletop def. Silsbee, Silsbee eliminated

Spindletop def. Kirbyville, Kirbyville eliminated

North End def. Tyler County, Tyler County eliminated

Lumberton def. Jasper, Jasper eliminated

Amelia def. Buna, Buna eliminated

North End def. Spindletop, Spindletop eliminated

Lumberton def. Amelia, Amelia eliminated

Kountze def. North End, North End eliminated

Lumberton def. South Tyler County, South Tyler County eliminated

Kountze def. Lumberton, Lumberton eliminated

Evadale at Kountze, Monday 7:30 pm

You seem to knwo a little bit about this district, so do you think District 12's up to par with District 32?

No, I'm not one of the coaches on the team first, but that was funny. I haven't seen any of the D12 teams play, but I do know West End is usually competative.  I think D32 wins out of those two. The one I worry about is the team out of D? with The Woodlands, Tomball, NW 45's. They are always tough and alot of kids to pick from. Groves had 5 major league teams to pick from, where as your Houston area kids usually double that. Anyways, good luck to ya'll next year seriously.

As much as it pains me to defend the Groves team, the fireworks are there because some of the dads from BC last year had them all set up in center field as BC had Groves down with two outs in the last inning and were at center field fence with their punks lit waiting for the third out then.....POW.... Groves takes the game on a Homerun, and poor BC had to not light the fireworks. :o

SO it is just payback.....Plus the parents this year want their kids to feel like they are as good as the team was last year.

As much as it pains me to defend the Groves team, the fireworks are there because some of the dads from BC last year had them all set up in center field as BC had Groves down with two outs in the last inning and were at center field fence with their punks lit waiting for the third out then.....POW.... Groves takes the game on a Homerun, and poor BC had to not light the fireworks. :o

SO it is just payback.....Plus the parents this year want their kids to feel like they are as good as the team was last year.

OKAY THAT MAKES MORE SENSE..

No, I'm not one of the coaches on the team first, but that was funny. I haven't seen any of the D12 teams play, but I do know West End is usually competative.  I think D32 wins out of those two. The one I worry about is the team out of D? with The Woodlands, Tomball, NW 45's. They are always tough and alot of kids to pick from. Groves had 5 major league teams to pick from, where as your Houston area kids usually double that. Anyways, good luck to ya'll next year seriously.

Well West End is good, but i think it's kountze and some other team besides West End in the championship, because West End got eliminated....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• He's steadily improving rapidly. Not that your opinion matters much based on some of the wild projections you've made on this site 
    • Cohen……a lying, backstabbing pos who does nothing but lie every time he opens his mouth. Let him utter words the prosecution wants to hear, and we can convict. Cohen told his ex advisor that he wanted to kill himself. What a worldly loss that would be. Let anyone on this board be put through the wringer with false charges and lies like Trump has had to endure, and you would be screaming at the top of your lungs how illegal all of this is.
    • It was and remains perfectly timed and choregraphed Kangaroo Court, whatever Cohen just said or lied about.  Face it, under Soros installed Biden and Merrick Garland, the USA is now officially a Bananna Republic with a Goverment that weaponizes itself against and destroys its political rivals. Putin and Xi are SO proud!  Dang I miss Democracy.       
    • I haven’t been watching closely, but even the liberal sources even tell the story as “the defense really took apart Cohen’s testimony on Thursday.” It sounds like sloppy work from the prosecution to point out a specific call as being “the one,” when it was easily concluded that this particular call could not have occurred the way that Cohen (and the prosecution) claim it to have happened.    The bad news is that I doubt that it matters much-I suspect that most jurors minds were closed before testimony started.   I don’t see Trump leaving with anything less than a conviction based on the venue (NYC).
    • Tough case all the way around.  The guy had a lot of online activity come out where he made racist statements and statements about killing BLM protesters and looters.  So when he then goes out and does it, it looks really bad.  I've seen a lot of videos where people have driven through protestors, defended themselves against them, etc., and didn't bat an eye.  This feels different, but that doesn't necessarily make it murder, either.  His account of the events that happened vs. the witness accounts were both very different, but I'd also expect both sides' accounts to be self-serving and inaccurate to fit their narrative.  Not really sure what to think on this one.  
  • Topics