H-D Football....JOE SLACK NEW HC/AD!!!!

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny thing is the kids know that the whole interview committee was rigged against Huddleston.  No way that school board member should have been anywhere close to the interview much less vote.  A lot of the kids showed up to the meeting last night in support of Huddleston.  And it looks like most of the community supports him too.  I want to say good job to the community, kids, and half of the school board for seeing that nothing about this was right.  I do feel sorry for Slack and Huddleston because a board member is messing with the lives and families of two good men.  He could have hurt Slack more than anything.  I hope he has not resigned from Hardin yet.  I hope the board member now knows that cheating doesn't help.  Good luck Huddleston in the upcoming election and good luck to Slack in your coaching career also.  And as I have said before, it is never a good idea to go back home and coach or teach. 

Please correct me if i'm wrong. last night only 6 of the 7 board members were present - they voted on slack last night - tied 3-3.    The next vote is July 9th on someone they did not say who.  Is there any way they could try to re-vote on slack before the 9th (with all board members present). Doesn't seem fair to the others but is it possible? School boards should not be allowed to vote on things of this manitude without all members present. If you not going to be there - then don't run for the position!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Yard Bird

Please correct me if i'm wrong. last night only 6 of the 7 board members were present - they voted on slack last night - tied 3-3.    The next vote is July 9th on someone they did not say who.  Is there any way they could try to re-vote on slack before the 9th (with all board members present). Doesn't seem fair to the others but is it possible? School boards should not be allowed to vote on things of this manitude without all members present. If you not going to be there - then don't run for the position!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe they can call a special call board meeting and re-vote, but it looks like some board members wanted Huddleston and some wanted Slack.  Not a good situation.

You're right, with a situation such as hiring an AD/HFC/Administrator they would have had 100% attendance or table the vote until all members are present.

Guest Yard Bird

YES they can re-vote.  They can post an agenda and wait 72hours and have another meeting.  They can call an emergency meeting and re-vote.  The school board's job is to set policy, and would fall under that umbrella. 

According to a couple of former board members: policy is if you are not approved by the board, and a deadlock is a no approval, they will have a new committee assigned to interview the second and third place candidate and the new committee will pick one of those two and present them to the board for approval in the next board meeting.  But once you are not approved your name is out of the hat.  This is what I have been told.  

key word is former and it can't be an official deadlock if one of the board members was not there.  There are ways around things like that.  Generally, school boards are famous statewide for doing things their own way.  I would not be surprised if that happens here.  I agree with YardBird that school boards can set policy and I think that will happen in this case.

Guest Baller

Well smartbutt, I guess the fact that they are going to have to go back for another vote and since he did not put his name in the first time I heard he was contacted to see if he would put his name into the hat.  I am not sure what his name is but I am sure of his success at Dayton.  Like I said this is what I heard and may not even be true.

Well said Swami.  Home town is not always best. They already have one hometown boy coaching at the junior high level- BUT, you can't get rid of him.

DING DING DING ................ we have a winner!

Hiring former students to coach at their alma maters SELDOM works out. It leads to "inbreeding" of the organization and it's hard to get rid of a hometown dud when you've been friends with his/her mama & daddy for the last 25 years. This is especially true in the smaller school districts.

ugly as it may be---this is the process

The board does not have to accept the recommendation. They cannot say who they want but can keep rejecting finalists. I would only hope that the H-D board is doing what they believe is TRULY in the best interest of the district--if they are not then vote them out

THEIR WILL BE A BOARD METTING ON JULY 9 AND THEIR WE BE ANOTHER VOTE SLACK IS STILL # 1 ON THEIR AGENNDA. I HAVE HEARD RUMORS COACH H IS NOT IN THE TOP 5 DONT UNDERSTAND. I DO KNOW OUR KIDS NEED AN AD!!!!!!!!!! IF BORD MEMBERS DONT TRUST SUPERITEDENT AND 3 PRINCAPALS EITHER NEED NEW SUPER AND PRINCAPALS OR BOARD MEMBERS

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder