H-D Football....JOE SLACK NEW HC/AD!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alot of people know who i am on this site. i am kin to slack and have strong connections with a lot of the kids. to me the best case would be to have slack and huddleston both. huddleston knows the kids slack will motavate them, in what cappacity is not for me to say. i w3ant what is best for the kids. i do know there is more to a.d. than head coach, what i dont know im a welder not an a.d. as long as birdwell stays no matter what the out come there will be someone there to fight for the better of the kids with all he  has. good luck to huddleston, slack, and all other applicants you hold part of the future of or kids in your hands. I STILL THINK WHOEVER THE COACH IS HD HAS THE TALENT AND GRIT TO DO A GREAT JOB THIS YEAR.

Well it looks as though the wheels may be coming off the bus.  Birdwell resigned yesterday.  Who is going to fight for the kids now?  From the talk at RJ's Coach Slack was not to nice to Coach Birdwell.  Disrespectful from what the kids say!!!  Good example set.

Another coach gone along with the principal and now the superintendent.  Sad thing is the Coach was a true bobcat.  And he was done very wrong by the new AD.  But it is nothing some of us did not expect when the decision was made.  Hope it is a wake up call to others who seem to ignore what has really been done.  Experience is a good quality in an AD.  Can't say it enough.  This politically corrupt school board is getting what it deserves. 

So, he resigns with less than a week before 2-a-days (with no time to get another coaching job) and several weeks AFTER the new AD was hired?  Sounds like something different than being "disrespected," or "done wrong."  I bet there's more to the story than that.

Sounds to me like he was lucky to come to his sinces in time.  I just hope no one else follows in his steps.  There is only one coach left from last year.  These kids have to feel like they stepped into a whole new school.

It was plain and simple.  He was lied to by the new AD and it did not sit well with him.  Since the school board hired the most inexperienced AD applying everyone could see what what was going on.  They have lost all but one coach from last year, several teachers, a principal, and the Superintendent.  You could see this coming a mile away. 

Guest LSU FOOTBALL

So, what you are saying is the principal, super, and some teachers left just because they hired Slack? 

I find that very hard to believe.

How was Birdwell lied to by the new AD?

dont really know why birdwell left but we lost a good one. good luck to him. i heard he is going back to school to finish his schooling. as for as the AD i would think he would have to do whats right in his mind. no i dont condone lying but i dont know that for a fact. the main thing is good luck bobcats! cause you know what swami gripping now fixes nothing get behind the boys and cheer for them their the ones that matter nomatter if we agree about anything else. and if you look around here all the schools have lost a lot of coaches, lib ,hardin, west hardin(all but 2) and HD why i dont know. but good luck BOBCATS!!!!

Not griping, just telling the truth.  You have been a big fan of Slack and Birdwell and them being true Bobcats and them working together being great for this team and now you seem a little passive in your posts now.  Nothing to defend anymore.  You can see what we were talking about a long time ago.  But I agree the kids are the ones who are being let down.  And I hope Sam and the rest of the team stick together and do what they do best.  And that is win. 

I have been pretty headstrong in what I believe.  Experience is a great teacher.  The problem is that Coach Slack does not have enough.  The incident in RJ's is a prime example.  Anybody who has been a supervisor, knows that he crossed the line with the verbal abuse( and it was abuse).  This occurred in a public place and was in  front of athletes.  That is [glow=red,2,300]VERY UNPROFESSIONAL[/glow].  Birdwell has the right to file a grievence but it too nice of a person to do that.  To Birdwell, I have the utmost respect. 

I hope that he (Slack)exercises better judgement with the kids.

I wish the kids the best of luck.  They need it, with the turmoil that has occured around them this summer.

Just tell it like it is.  Remember, a man is only as good as his word.  I believe that Reality said that about Barbay. 

Enough said on this subject. 

I hesitate to post on this subject - I know Coach Slack and he has coached my son 1 year over the past 4 years.  Prediction:

1 - he will be the best thing to happen to HD in the recent past; or

2 - he will be the worst thing to happen to HD in the recent past.

Jury is still out. ;D

everyone is screaming experience coach bird was a first year coach and a great one. but its like you hollar experience only when it fits you. i am prob more disappointed about bird leaving than anyone who isnt a player. me and bird are personal freinds! but you cant hollar experience about one and not the other if in slacks mind he went with experience over bird. dont know just a thought

I know we go back and forth about this REALITY but we are just saying an experienced coach would have hired his whole staff and then assigned the OC and DC.  Do not give it to someone and then take it away the week before the season starts.  Do not know Henry's background on football.  He was the junior high coach at Evadale.  Do not know what he did at Lumberton football wise.  But yes looking at coaching experience he would have been the guy to look at over Bird's one year.  It may be the right decision he just did it the worst way possible.  Being so green at the job Slack will make mistakes but lets hope the rest are little ones.  Can't afford too many big mistakes. 

And I have also heard from several people, kids included that the incident at RJ's involved Slack making fun of Birdwell in front of some of the kids about things that are personal to Bird. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder