Best Caliber for Deer Hunting

In your opinion, what is the best caliber/rifle to use for deer hunting?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion, what is the best caliber/rifle to use for deer hunting?

• .25-06
    • .30-30
    • .30-06
    • 7mm

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hunt in Hardin County and 30/30 is great because small brush doesnt mess up trajectory to much plus its devastating in the short range shots that Hardin County provides. I think the best all around gun is the .270 plenty of range and takedown for most situations. West texas where long shots are possible 7mm mag kicks like a mule but it does the job and does it well.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest beat-em_deep

im saying a .270 is the best all around rifle i shot a hog this weekend at 200 yards in between his eyes. he was walking at me and dropped him dead in his tracks with my .270

im saying a .270 is the best all around rifle i shot a hog this weekend at 200 yards in between his eyes. he was walking at me and dropped him dead in his tracks with my .270

200 yrds inbetween the eyes, is this a joke, I have killed more than a few with a 22 but I would not say it the best Deer rifle, I wouldn't say a 270 is either.

Guest beat-em_deep

200 yrds inbetween the eyes, is this a joke, I have killed more than a few with a 22 but I would not say it the best Deer rifle, I wouldn't say a 270 is either.

Okay in my opinion sorry 8)

• 3 weeks later...

You can't go wrong with a 30-06. Not too big but big enough. Easy to find ammo. I have a 7MM and forget bullets once, went into Carrizo Springs and couldn't find any. We had to go all the way to Uvalde which was another 75 miles.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder