Who has the toughest or weakest schedule in 2007

Guys, clearly, Scalp'em is looking for an arguement. This all stems from another thread where he was raggin' on Lumberton, trying to insult them by putting them in 2A so they could win. (computer says Lum goes 6-1, in 2A, losing to EC)

I pointed out he has NO room to talk. PN-G could VERY WELL lose to EC, (computer says PNG nips EC by point or so), despite having almost 5X enrollment.

Now he hates EC.   ::)    Whatever, Scalp'em. Whatever.   ::)

EC plays up. All 3A's. That ain't weak. Many other 2A's play 1A's, and he don't even mention that. All four EC opponents were PREVIOSLY UNDEFEATED when EC won. Get over it, Scalp'em. And try growing up.   

Unfortunately ECBucFan, Scalpem supports a Team that is currently in a down stretch of the program, so they have to build themselves up by trying to degrade others, pay no attention to them, EC is a class organization, and would give PNG all they could handle and more if they played.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ECBucFan

Steeler, DP, Thank you both. The feeling is mutual.  :) :) :)

Also, I would like to state for the record: I do not hold Scalp'em against PN-G. I would be willing to guess many there dissaprove of his mouth running as much as everyone else does. PN-G has great class and tradition, thats well known.  :) 

Now, let me defend myself on this one.  I placed a post on another thread about how the computer showed who would win in 2006.  The only district I found where Lumberton would make the playoffs was where EC was at 24-2A. I even said that I wasn't trying to down the teams in that district, but I found one where Lumberton would go to the playoffs.  There was nothing mentioned negative about EC or D-Ville until you two guys jumped on PNG for what ever reason. As far as running my mouth, I will defend my community school just like you and pretty much eveyone on this website. Once again, I wasn't trying to rag on anyone. By the way, ECBucFan, I have deleted my comments on the other thread so they shouldn't be misinterputed again!!!!  :-*

Now, let me defend myself on this one.  I placed a post on another thread about how the computer showed who would win in 2006.  The only district I found where Lumberton would make the playoffs was where EC was at 24-2A. I even said that I wasn't trying to down the teams in that district, but I found one where Lumberton would go to the playoffs.  There was nothing mentioned negative about EC or D-Ville until you two guys jumped on PNG for what ever reason. As far as running my mouth, I will defend my community school just like you and pretty much eveyone on this website. Once again, I wasn't trying to rag on anyone. By the way, ECBucFan, I have deleted my comments on the other thread so they shouldn't be misinterputed again!!!!  :-*

Appreciate it, good luck this year.

Guest ECBucFan

And where, pray tell, did THAT come from?? EC would gladly play anyone, anywhere, anytime... Any problem with that?

Geeeze, seems to be an epidemic of ignorance (or envy) going around  ::)

Has PNG been any good since the Long kid was playing QB?

PN-G since Long left

2006 (5-5)

2005 (5-3)

2004 (8-4) District Champs, Area Finalists

2003 (9-3) District Champs, Area Finalists. Actually went 10-2 on the field but was forced to forfeit a non-district 38-18 win vs Jasper. Other two losses were by a combined 2 points.

2002 (5-5)

2001 (3-6)

2000 (5-5)

Four 3-A schools huh?

2006 Records

Non District Shepherd 2-8, Orangefield 4-6, H-F 3-7, H-J 3-7

District Deweyville Bi-District, Buna Bi-District

Yea tough schedule!!!!!!

PN-G

2006 Records

Non-District LaMarque 15-1 4A State Champs, Crosby 6-4 4A Bi-District, Silsbee 9-3 3A Regional Finalist

District Central 4A Area Finalist, Dayton 4A Area Finalist, Nederland Regional Finalist

Not to mention the rest of the district is tough enough. That's not ignorance, it's knowledge, and hopefully Lumberton won't beat us. They are beginning to play better.

Anytime a 2A team plays 4  3A teams to start the year that is a very brutal schedule.  Those are not cupcake 3A teams.  Sure Orangefield, HJ and HF had bad records look at the district they were in.  Those are quality football teams that would compete for playoff spots in the other surrounding 3A districts.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nederland Bulldogs

Nederland's isn't a peice of cake!

Nederland Bulldogs

Aug. 31 Brenham at Reliant Stadium

Sept. 7 @ Houston Forest Brook

Sept. 14 Waller

Dayton's isn't too easy.

WOS - Preseason #16 in 3A (IMO will finish higher)

Nacogdoches - Pretty tough in a tough district very large 4A school

Friendswood - Preseason #12 in 4A - explosive offense and plenty of athletes, very large 4A school

Guys, clearly, Scalp'em is looking for an arguement. This all stems from another thread where he was raggin' on Lumberton, trying to insult them by putting them in 2A so they could win. (computer says Lum goes 6-1, in 2A, losing to EC)

I pointed out he has NO room to talk. PN-G could VERY WELL lose to EC, (computer says PNG nips EC by point or so), despite having almost 5X enrollment.

Now he hates EC.   ::)    Whatever, Scalp'em. Whatever.   ::)

EC plays up. All 3A's. That ain't weak. Many other 2A's play 1A's, and he don't even mention that. All four EC opponents were PREVIOSLY UNDEFEATED when EC won. Get over it, Scalp'em. And try growing up.   

you see here, even if PNG could barely "nick by" thats not really good for PNG anyways. It's like barely being able to beat up your 12 year old brother. PNG has a way bigger enrolment, and they should be able to plow over a 2A team like EC, but they can't.

you see here, even if PNG could barely "nick by" thats not really good for PNG anyways. It's like barely being able to beat up your 12 year old brother. PNG has a way bigger enrolment, and they should be able to plow over a 2A team like EC, but they can't.

Enrollment doesn't have anything to do with how good you are. Hopefully you know football well enough to know that enrollment just means that you have more depth. Take WOS, powerhouse program year in and year out.  Small enrollment when they were in the upper divisions and still put it to the bigger schools. Look at all the other sports besides football, it DOESN'T matter how big the school is, so please quit using that as a crutch.  Either you have good quality athletes or you don't.  It comes and goes in spurts depending on what class is good or not so good.  Look at the overall program before bashing them. Good luck to all this football year(Honor, Pride, Tradition) Scalp'em Indians.

Guest ECBucFan

Why don't EC schedule someone with a winning record, then you can bost. Sabine Pass may still have an open date EC can try to schedule a game with them. Hey, how about Chester, they would fit right in with EC kind of schedule.

Keep on hatin', Holton! It's all gonna come back around... BTW, are all the Newton fans classless losers, just like you??

To me the smaller schools are actually scarier to play. No offense to the smaller classifications but for the most part larger schools aren't as fired up while for the small guys the game means a ton. For example here are couple of small school scares PN-G had when I was there.

1996: PN-G 30  Newton  6, score was much closer then the final.

1997: PN-G 21  Newton  7

1999: PN-G  14  Kelly  10, the Indians went to state this season but some fans were wondering if we would make the playoffs after the opener. The Bulldogs players and fans clearly felt like this was a big game.

Anytime a 2A team plays 4  3A teams to start the year that is a very brutal schedule.  Those are not cupcake 3A teams.  Sure Orangefield, HJ and HF had bad records look at the district they were in.  Those are quality football teams that would compete for playoff spots in the other surrounding 3A districts.

I love how well u stated this...very very true...HJ had 4, 1 point, losing games.(BC)(EC)(H-F)(Jasper). Just cause a bad record of a 3A team and a very good record for a 2A team doesn't mean its just a cake walk for the 2A team to beat 3A teams.

Guest EagleFan01

ECBUCFAN Newton fan's are not classless... We are gracious winner's now don't get me wrong we hate to lose but we will take it in stride and go with it... The reason you say we are classless loser's is because we don't lose very often and we don't like it but we are not sore loser... But to answer the question who has the weakest schedule I am still saying that it is EC they just don't play anyone..

Guest ECBucFan

It continues to amaze me the disrespect the Newton posters have shown to EC and the rest of SETX ever since dropping to 2A. In two years, I don't think I have read or heard ONE positive comment. Why? Newton attacks SETX 2A in general, and EC in particular, continually. Why? Does Newton have self esteem issues? As I said earlier, I and other EC fans even travelled in support of Newton. (Don't worry, won't happen again!) Is it impossible to simply not attack (much less support) 2A in SETX? I guess that's too much to ask.

Quick illustration: EC scheduals four 3A's, each undefeated at the time of their game with EC. And you all call it WEAK. Oh yeah, 3 of them are just garbage teams from SETX, you say, right?? Other 2A's schedual 1A's, and you don't even mention it. Why not? Well, WHY NOT? Clearly you want to take shots at EC. Oh well, take em' quick.

Ozen plays 3 5As.....wb, pam, and seguin....don't know much about seguin

Central plays 2-5As right??? One of those is Baytown Lee and the other is WB....this year, I would say that Central is right in it in with the toughest 22-4A being that Lee has so much and WB....well we know about them.

ECBUCFAN Newton fan's are not classless... We are gracious winner's now don't get me wrong we hate to lose but we will take it in stride and go with it... The reason you say we are classless loser's is because we don't lose very often and we don't like it but we are not sore loser... But to answer the question who has the weakest schedule I am still saying that it is EC they just don't play anyone..

East Chambers Buccaneers

Aug. 31 Shepherd

Sept. 7 @ Orangefield

Sept. 14 @ Hamshire-Fannett

Sept. 21 Hardin-Jefferson

...Three 3A teams in non-district play back-to-back-to-back. They may not be the best 3A teams, but how is that "not playing anyone". I agree with EC having a pretty easy schedule, but lighten up on EC, its not just a role through for them with 3 3A teams all right next to each other.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin