Best Outfielders in Area

Thank you VP..His name is Darby Chilek and he has been doing this all year. He ran down one (while he was playing LCM in CF) that I couldn't believe anyone would ever get to. He is also hitting .383 on the year. I know this isn't the thread for it, but your SS is one of the better ones I have seen.

There are a lot of good ones in the above posts. I would add Armstrong and Serna from WB as overall OFs.

As far as the best in 3A, I'd take Dishon hands down. He is the fastest of any of the others, he has strength and power, and his arm is the best in SE Tex (with the possible exception of Ehlert at LCM).

That order is based on what? Let's look and compare your #1 vs. your #3 from some objective eyes:

Dishon ran 6.6 in the 60 at Area Code tryouts in June. Calhoun ran a 7.17 at a Perfect Game showcase. Calhoun, by the way, was not invited to Area Code. Dishon threw 91 on a radar gun from the OF. Calhoun threw 78. Dishon is 6'0 and Calhoun is 5'7. Objectively, DIshon is bigger. He is significantly faster and has a tremendously stronger arm from OF.

They have both been evaluated by Perfect Game/Baseball America (who uses a scale of 1-10). Calhoun was rated a 6.5, Dishon a full 10.0. Dishon is ranked in the top 100 nationally, Calhoun is not ranked (even in the top 300).

Look, I think Calhoun is a good player. But, objectively, Dishon is better. Hands down.

Don't get your panties in a knot MIF04, I also think Dishon is very good. He is my #3 guy after all, in an area that has alot of very talented outfielders. I find it rather strange indeed though, that you like to use statistics from showcases when it suits your purpose. Point in fact: (Nick Christopher) . I believe you replied to another post in this forum about his not being D1 material. You may be wrong you may be right about that, only time will tell, but Perfect Game Showcase has him as " Definite D1 material ". So what is it ? Do you agree with the statstics now or do you still have the same opinion as before? Where strength and speed are concerned, I think anyone who has seen either Calhoun or Dishon would agree that both have ample, but base on what I've seen of there play in the outfied, which is what this post is about, my opinion still stands. IN THAT ORDER!

I still say the underrated guy here is Benson from H-J. He's not very big but he runs everything down in right field and has a accurate arm that is strong enough. He also bats in the 2 hole and has been over .400 most of the year. Somebody will notice him.

Quit talking about what has happened at tryouts and start putting some stats on here.....What happens in a tryout and what happens in a game are different.....I have seen Calhoun play since i was 12 and he was 10 and he is one of the best players i have ever seen period! He makes like 1 error a year and he batted like .475 as a freshman in district 20-4A.....He may not have his best year this year due to an injury but he is still pretty darn good....I would pick him over anyone anyday!

I'd like to know where the times/radar on Johnson are from (simply from an ability to verify). The numbers I have seen do not correspond to those.

No question this guy is a good player. I just don't have comparable numbers to what was posted above.

Thanks.

For my money Ehlert is the best in the area. He can run but I don't know his 60. Can make catches on the run and off-balance. Routine is routine for him. No surprises. Arm is very good. Check his pitching records and players he has cut down taking extra bases. This year coaches and players know him and they don't run as much as in past years. He has the ablility to dominate the offensive game from the lead-off, 2, 3, or 4 position in the batting order. Great competitor when the chips are down plus a player that his teammates look up to and one that makes them better. Has this perfect game bunch evaluated him? If HE is not in that top 100, maybe this organization has not seen him or they make a mistake occasionally. Either way for me he is the best!

Ehlert is a wonderful player (and, quite frankly, a steal for A & M). He may be the best 'baseball player' in SE Texas this year. He has been evaluated by PG, the last time in June 2005. He may not have the raw speed that Dishon has but is still plenty fast (he ran 6.8 last June but is probably closer to a 6.7). His arm is 90+ from the OF and his offense solid. Pitching-wise, his velocity is at 90 (with some plus or minus) with a solid breaking pitch and a developing change. His is a bulldog on the mound and should be a two-way player in college.

If I recall right, he was ranked in the Top 200 in the most recent release published by Baseball America. He is the top ranked player in the 2006 release for the SE Texas area.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin