1. Tigers2010

Tigers2010

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• Yep, back to putting the responsibility of a vote on the actual voter. You call Trump a turd sandwich and I say he was a good President. Once again, your cakewalk theory is bogus, no such thing for a Republican President no matter how many time you claim it. Bottom line, we got two choices, it's a given, folks need to deal with it. The woulda, coulda, shoulda ship has sailed.
    • That's true to an extent. I think (my opinion) the upheaval within the party over Trump, an outsider, being elected and the "Never Trumpers" may have had something to do with that. The Republican party is so bass ackwards right now, it's ridiculous. I think they have a better shot though.
    • I definitely remember. One of my favorite movies.
    • His assistant, Flowers. Former coach at Broaddus I believe. Young guy
    • back to the old "the voters are stupid if they don't decide our turd sandwich is better than their turd sandwich" argument.  first and foremost it's the party's responsibility to put out electable candidates (both failed).  Then the party line voters are responsible for picking an electable option in the primaries for the general election (both failed again).  And finally, once you get to the general election, it's the entire country's responsibility to pick the best option for the job.  85-90% of the country's vote is decided before a candidate is ever named (and everyone commenting in this thread falls in this category).  And to be completely honest, the left has done a better job of pandering to those 10-15% who actually decide the presidency, they're just screwed here because they have the sitting president and he wants to run again.  Lucky for them the right are throwing the same guy at him that lost the last time, and nobody likes him any more than they did 4 years ago.  If we'd picked literally ANYBODY besides Trump in the primary it would be a cakewalk.  As it is, it'll be a tight race likely coming down to tenths of percentages in a handful of states to decide things.  But hey, instead of doing what's necessary to win elections, let's just insist on doing the same thing that didn't work before, demanding the other side completely adjust their politics without any concessions, and then blame them for being stupid when they don't agree to our terms and just vote in their own not very good candidate.
  • Topics