Turf Fields in SE Texas??

Great article by Jdawg. It's amazing that no School in SE Texas has Turf. I can see BH getting it eventaully with the growth there. There has been talk of Silsbee getting it. In Beaumont is was brought up one time at a School Board meeting about building a new Stadium at Ford Park with Turf for all the Beaumont schools to play on but that fell through with the Money problems Jefferson County has. WOS is pushing for it but doubt it will happen either.

PNG considered turf as part of a new stadium in a bond package. The stadium was later removed from the package and was substituted with minor stadium repairs to get another decade out of the stadium.

The bond has been temporarily delayed to see what the legislature is going to do about school finance.

I observed probably 90% of those bond meetings. I'd like to see the stadium package put back in the bond.

• 5 years later...
[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="978143" timestamp="1299334777"]
Looking back at this topic its amazing at the differences now than in 2006
[/quote]

5 years makes a huge diference! How many have field turf now? I can think of three off the top of my head, but I know there is more..

Guest ECBucFan
2A Hardin has had turf for years. I hear their school buildings still have blue hurricane tarps on them, but fancy turf covers their "house of pain" (or whatever they call it) field. 

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="978173" timestamp="1299338137"]
It looks like Nederland and WO-S will be attempting bond issue elections again sometime this year to go in that direction.
[/quote]

I don't think either will pursue turf in their upcoming bonds

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder