District races will be exciting to see

District races will be exciting to see

Gabriel Pruett

The Orange Leader

Sit back and enjoy the ride baseball fans because the last three or four games in the district races are going to be exciting and have a lot on the line.

First there is a three-way tie for first in District 21-3A with Bridge City, Silsbee and Jasper all sitting at 9-2 with Hardin-Jefferson knocking on the door at 8-3.

Jasper could have held first place all on their own but the Bulldogs were upset Saturday by H-J, 7-6.

Also on Saturday Bridge City downed Hamshire-Fannett 9-4 and Silsbee beat Kirbyville 12-2.

So who has the easiest schedule left? I will let you be the judge of that.

Bridge City has WO-S Friday, then plays host to Hardin-Jefferson Tuesday and then will welcome Jasper on April 27. The Cardinals will probably enjoy having all three remaining games at home.

I say count the Cardinals in for the playoffs.

The same home field advantage cannot be said for H-J and Silsbee.

H-J has three games left and all three are on the road and so does Silsbee.

The Hawks first go to Orangefield on Friday, then make their way to Bridge City on Tuesday before closing the season at West Orange-Stark on April 27.

Silsbee will go to Jasper Friday, then hit up Orangefield on Tuesday and travel to Hamshire-Fannett on April 27 to finish the year.

Jasper hosts Silsbee on Friday, goes to Kirbyville on Tuesday and ends at Bridge City on April 27.

If I was a betting man I would go with Silsbee and H-J to round out the 21-3A playoff spots.

As for District 22-4A, things are not much easier to figure out than in 21-3A.

Port Neches-Groves and Little Cypress-Mauriceville are tied for first at 8-2, Vidor is 6-3 and look who is back, the Nederland Bulldogs are right behind at 6-4.

Remember the Bulldogs started the district campaign off with a 1-4 mark.

Oh and by the way, Dayton is still in the mix with a 5-4 mark.

So here is how this district breaks down in their final four games.

LC-M will play host to Dayton Friday, then go to Nederland Saturday, play host to Lumberton Tuesday before finishing off at Vidor on April 27.

PN-G hosts Lumberton Friday, goes to Vidor on Saturday, plays host to Central Tuesday and then finishes up at Dayton on April 27.

Vidor starts off by going to Beaumont Central Friday, plays host to PN-G Saturday, then goes to Ozen Tuesday and then plays host to LC-M to finish the district season on April 27.

Nederland will travel to Ozen Friday, play host to LC-M Saturday, welcome Dayton on Tuesday and then finish the year off by traveling to Lumberton on April 27.

Finally Dayton will be at LC-M Friday, head to Central Saturday, travel to Nederland Tuesday and finish off the district loop by playing host to PN-G on April 27.

My predictions are that LC-M, PN-G and Nederland will once again represent 22-4A in the playoffs.

Whoever goes in both districts will sure have earned it by the level of competition that has been played this year.

All this and not one mention of WB being in first place by only a game with three left in their own "non" setx district. WB plays baseball too you know, for those of you that have forgotten.

Man relax.  This is a local orange county paper.  They sell zero papers in beaumont.  Call the Enterprise and have them do a local roundup of their coverage area and I am sure you will be in it.

Man relax.  This is a local orange county paper.  They sell zero papers in beaumont.  Call the Enterprise and have them do a local roundup of their coverage area and I am sure you will be in it.

That's just it, with the enterprise they claim to be a regional newspaper, not local, so their roundup of "local" districts would be virtually the same article.

A lot probably has to do with the districts. Every district game in 22-4A is with two local teams and the outcome of each game probably has an interest with the other teams in the district (except maybe Ozen v Lumberton). Every game in 22-4A is in the Beaumont Enterprise distribution area.

You cannot say that in either case in WB's district. Excpept for PA Memorial, the other teams surely aren't local. I bet that very few people in this area care when Baytown Lee plays Baytown Sterling or Channelview plays Humble Atascocita, etc.

If WB dropped to 4A and played against only Golden Triangle teams for district, they would be mentioned right along with the rest of them.

A lot probably has to do with the districts. Every district game in 22-4A is with two local teams and the outcome of each game probably has an interest with the other teams in the district (except maybe Ozen v Lumberton). Every game in 22-4A is in the Beaumont Enterprise distribution area.

You cannot say that in either case in WB's district. Excpept for PA Memorial, the other teams surely aren't local. I bet that very few people in this area care when Baytown Lee plays Baytown Sterling or Channelview plays Humble Atascocita, etc.

If WB dropped to 4A and played against only Golden Triangle teams for district, they would be mentioned right along with the rest of them.

Excellent post, hit the nail on the head, WB is a great team, but the competition in their District is out of the Enterprise area (except for Memorial). we notice the Bruins, and good luck in the Playoffs West Brook.

Guest BC boy 17

It doesnt get much closer than 21 3A with BC, Silsbee, Jasper, and HJ. Very strong district.....one pretty good team is going to get booted out of playoffs when they should probably be there

Geez, guys...let it go.  It was the Orange paper talking about Orange teams and districts.  Look, I'm the first to realize that WB baseball doesn't always get attention in its own paper but thats not the Orange Leader's fault (nor the PA News, for that matter).  WB just needs to keep on winning and they'll be in everyone's paper...

I say we should fined a way to give all people from Westbrook one big hug.  They seem to have a self esteem problem that is centered around newspapers of all things.  As far as true baseball people more of them are on this board than read the papers and you guys get plenty of ink on this website.  Probably more than anyone.  Which is deserving because you are probably the best team this year.  Which is why no one else is on here whining about it.  So please just relax.

As to the topic.  I know I will be glued to this website watching both of the local districts finish up.  It is crazy that not one team has a playoff spot clinched yet and may not until the last game in either district.

Wg88...i know WB is good...but didnt jasper beat WB in pre-season...i wouldnt put your self that far above your 4A teams there is talented smaller schools in the area..As the 3a bulldogs have allready showed..Dropping a class isnt like dropping an age class in little league or moving to a smaller field..there are plenty of great teams in 3A and 4A that i would be willing to bet would take WB..

WB started a sophmore that is currently on JV against Jasper, and it was a scrimmage. WB also beat LCM 25-2 in a scrimmage, but that doesn't mean LCM is that much worse than WB. At scrimmages you try players out, and see who is going to be productive for the upcoming season. That is exactly what they did, while Jasper played their strting nine the entire time. WB even let the srorekeeper bat in that exhibition.