West Brook (10-2) vs Katy Tompkins (10-2)

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 2:40 PM, 82 5A State Champs said:
22 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Automobile accident.  Several players injured. Nothing life threatening.  But bad enough that several will be out for this game and possibly next. One is out for the remainder of season

I hope it wasn't an accident driving to the Thomas Center to have football practice...prayers for a speedy recovery.

I remember back in the day of the Astrodome when the phrase "Rome the Dome" was used and was the place everyone wanted to play their playoff games in the Houston area.  I guess it holds true for the kids these days of NRG.  I hope it's not to big of a stage for these young men.  I don't want to look to far ahead but they should win this game, beat Kenny Ray and the Summer Creek Bulldogs next week before meeting a great Austin Westlake team in the state seminal game.

I hadn't been to a Bruin game besides when they embarrassed us but I love the way they are representing Beaumont... 

On 11/26/2018 at 2:25 PM, Kowboy98 said:

20 carries for McGrue 

15 carries for Holland

8-10 carries for Elia 

Should be enough 

Tompkins defense is avg at best 

Based on what you're saying about their defense, is it safe to assume we shouldnt have a problem putting points on the board? I'd like to think we've faced, and beaten tougher defenses. Does this team have good speed, and can they cause problems for us?

1 hour ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

Based on what you're saying about their defense, is it safe to assume we shouldnt have a problem putting points on the board? I'd like to think we've faced, and beaten tougher defenses. Does this team have good speed, and can they cause problems for us?

Not at all. Like I said Cy Falls QB threw 5 ints. And as crazy as it sounds they were winning a vast majority of the game 

I don’t think they’ve faced the overall team speed Brook possesses. That’s including run you into the ground Katy

Just some info on them: 

#4 QB Jalen Milroe (Soph) 6’1” 175 has 1287 yds passing 9 tds and 563 yds and 5 tds rushing (U of H has already offered him)

#24 RB RJ Smith (Jr) 5’11” 170 has 2105 yds rushing and 27 tds (he looked just as good and fast as Strake’s RB #21)

I’ll be at Pappadeaux near NRG around 3:30pm to have a few adult beverages before the game. I assume most people from Beaumont that are visiting or live in Houston will be at the Deaux as well. Just like they old Astrodome Days when one team makes it there, all of BMT are fans and come to the games. If you not from there you probably wouldn’t understand that. I kinda suggested that on my posts in the Strake thread. My aunt and uncle are in their 70s and driving to Htown to watch Katy v North Shore on Friday. Staying overnight and watching the Brook on Saturday. Always exciting this time of year 

West Brook is favored against Cypress Creek, Summer Creek, and Katy Tompkins. Of course, all that means nothing if our kids dont show up mentally, and physically prepared to do battle. And I pray they are simply not looking past any opponent. One game at time! Just for fun, I looked ahead to a possible gsme against Austin Westlake, and Longview, both. It wasn't pretty for Brook. Lol! But, thats why we play the game. 

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time!

3 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Cal Preps has it...

Beaumont West Brook 40

Katy Tompkins 24

Humble Summer Creek 28

Cypress Creek 27

3 hours ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

Calpreps is predicting West Brook 40 Tompkins 24

CalPreps also had Strake winning lol 

Im a realist. I can see them winning region 3. But not beating Westlake (semis) Westfield, or Longview (final) 

But who picked the Brook to win it all in 82 after barely making the playoffs. Anything is possible 

3 hours ago, Kowboy98 said:

CalPreps also had Strake winning lol 

Im a realist. I can see them winning region 3. But not beating Westlake (semis) Westfield, or Longview (final) 

But who picked the Brook to win it all in 82 after barely making the playoffs. Anything is possible 

West Brook snuck in the playoffs on the last week of the season with a win over Vidor, and because PN-G beat French. That alone, in the first year, would have been an accomplishment. What was so remarkable about that team is, Durley got that defense playing better, and better, each week. They were the underdog in every game. But, with wins over state ranked Dickinson, Houston Memorial, and Converse Judson, the game against the states top ranked defense, in LD Hurst Bell, was almost anticlimatic. Bell was 14-0-1, coming into that game, and was suppose to wipe the floor with West Brook. The little old school from Beaumont beat them easily, 21-10, and put the Bruins on the map. Interesting tidbit, the Bruins finished 11-4-1 that season, in winning the state championship. No other West Brook team has ever bested 11 wins. We have had several 11 win seasons since then, but no Brook team has ever won 12 games in a season. Could this be the year it happens? We will find out Saturday. So yes, anything is possible.

1 hour ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

West Brook snuck in the playoffs on the last week of the season with a win over Vidor, and because PN-G beat French. That alone, in the first year, would have been an accomplishment. What was so remarkable about that team is, Durley got that defense playing better, and better, each week. They were the underdog in every game. But, with wins over state ranked Dickinson, Houston Memorial, and Converse Judson, the game against the states top ranked defense, in LD Hurst Bell, was almost anticlimatic. Bell was 14-0-1, coming into that game, and was suppose to wipe the floor with West Brook. The little old school from Beaumont beat them easily, 21-10, and put the Bruins on the map. Interesting tidbit, the Bruins finished 11-4-1 that season, in winning the state championship. No other West Brook team has ever bested 11 wins. We have had several 11 win seasons since then, but no Brook team has ever won 12 games in a season. Could this be the year it happens? We will find out Saturday. So yes, anything is possible.

Sad but true. Come on win #12, 13 and 14 lol 

The OC at Tompkins is a former North Shore assistant. I’m hearing that he’s mentioned they won’t have a problem putting up points on WB (basically calling the defense soft) 

In addition that they figure since their defense is subpar that we may be in for a shoot out Saturday in NRG 

Getcha’ popcawn ready lol 

14 hours ago, Kowboy98 said:

The OC at Tompkins is a former North Shore assistant. I’m hearing that he’s mentioned they won’t have a problem putting up points on WB (basically calling the defense soft) 

In addition that they figure since their defense is subpar that we may be in for a shoot out Saturday in NRG 

Getcha’ popcawn ready lol 

Yeah, our defense is probably a little above average. They've got speed, and stop the run fairly well, and hit hard. They're not a great defense, but I wouldn't necessarily say they're soft. That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if we had to simply outscore them to get the win.

20 minutes ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

Yeah, our defense is probably a little above average. They've got speed, and stop the run fairly well, and hit hard. They're not a great defense, but I wouldn't necessarily say they're soft. That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if we had to simply outscore them to get the win.

Defense used to win championships. I don't think that is the case anymore. From high school to the NFL (exception Alabama), it's an offense driven system nowadays.