Mid County Madness Ned v PNG

RoschonsBigBro

8 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

I wish PNG would. We've won close games against other schools, even this season against Crosby and Vidor (ignoring the forfeit and looking just at the game). And we've had some close wins in the playoffs. But against Nederland, we simply do not win close games. It's crazy. 

This is the first year in recent memory that Nederland has mutilple games where they blew people out. We just ground and pound the football, and finish games. We have been very very succeful at finishing games something I give the coaches a lot of credit on for and the kids staying focus and do there job. Just take the WOS, BH game we grind out and come out on top

9 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

That’s not with just PNG games tho Nederland doesn’t blow people out very often. Nederland is clock grinding, pound the ball, and play hard nose defense which is dying breed in HS football. Nederland lives in close games. 

To add to my previous comment -- If you take Nederland out of the picture, PNG has a pretty good record in one-score games. We've won three this season already. Just since 2013 (including the 2013 season), PNG is 11-3 in one-score games that don't include Nederland. Against Nederland in the same time period, we are 0-4 in one-score games. 

4 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

This is the first year in recent memory that Nederland has mutilple games where they blew people out. We just ground and pound the football, and finish games. We have been very very succeful at finishing games something I give the coaches a lot of credit on for and the kids staying focus and do there job. Just take the WOS, BH game we grind out and come out on top

I had not noticed that -- This is a fairly unique year for Nederland offensively.  Nederland was also dominant on offense in 2012, I think. 

4 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

I had not noticed that -- This is a fairly unique year for Nederland offensively.  Nederland was also dominant on offense in 2012, I think. 

Nederland has something they haven’t had in many many years and that’s a runningback committee. Any back can take it to the house. We usually have one work horse Mosley, Grogan, Hopkins, Simmons, Benjamin. But this year we have three that could go anywhere in the district and start. Barrow has been wonderful about finding a way everyone getting involved and getting great quality touches. It’s been fun to watch each one play because they all bring something different to the table. 

I'm commenting too much, but I'll try to be quiet later : ). I'm not going to make a prediction as far as who wins, because I'm always wrong anyway, but I have some predictions about how the game will play out. I think Nederland's defensive line is going to live in PNG's backfield. Roschon is going to be running for his life. Nederland's receivers are going to have a lot of success tonight -- I think they have been underrated this season. That being said, PNG will be creative and explosive on offense and will put up big numbers. I also think PNG's defense will have a statement night, win or lose, as they continue to show their late-season development. 

On 11/7/2018 at 2:51 PM, NDNation said:

Pooch kick = decent field position for the other team 100% of the time. I'm not talking 50 yard line but decent enough.

Not so fast.  Another reason for the pooch is to put it into the hands of the up-men, who aren't as used to handling the ball.  There have PLENTY of miscues by those guys and many have resulted in turnovers +1 Indians!