Mid County Madness Ned v PNG

RoschonsBigBro

4 minutes ago, grayhair777 said:

i'll be there rain or shine ...don't bring a umbrella , they won't let you bring it in, stupid !!

Rain Ponchos by the door at the Port Neches Walgreens. I can kind of see why no umbrellas. Both sides will be packed in sardines. Can you imagine if everyone pulled out an umbrella.

Nederland (9-0, 6-0) at Port Neches-Groves (6-3, 5-1): 
It’s Mid-County Madness and if it wasn’t already a huge game in the Golden Triangle, let’s add in the fact that it’s for the 12-5A Division II district title as well. Bottom line is, this game is must-see television year in and year out and it’s likely to deliver once again. Unbeaten Nederland rolled past Crosby 45-22 as QB Blaysin Fernandez threw for four touchdowns and ran for another touchdown all in the first half as he sat out the second half with the Bulldogs holding a comfortable lead.

Port Neches-Groves didn’t show any ill-effects from losing a game off the field with a forfeit as the Indians knocked off Barbers Hill 31-14 as QB Roschon Johnson accounted for 443 total yards and four total touchdowns in the win. The real key for PNG in this one was the Indians' defense, which played maybe their best game of the season. If that unit continues to play well, there’s no doubt Port Neches-Groves can play with just about anyone in Region III. A year ago, unbeaten PNG went into Nederland as a favorite and left with a heartbreaking last-second loss. The roles are a bit reversed this year as unbeaten Nederland looks to be a slight favorite and the game is in Port Neches. Could history repeat itself this year? My pick is yes, this time PNG gets a bit of revenge and knocks off Nederland to earn the district crown.
Stepp’s Pick: Port Neches-Groves by 3

from DAVE Campels web site

3 hours ago, grayhair777 said:

i'll be there rain or shine ...don't bring a umbrella , they won't let you bring it in, stupid !!

I was at the Lamar football game in 1985, when the 7 year old girl had her eye taken out by an umbrella, so hurray for no umbrellas in the stands.  Strangely for years they have sold things called ponchos  & slicker suits. Cool huh?

2 hours ago, grayhair777 said:

Nederland (9-0, 6-0) at Port Neches-Groves (6-3, 5-1): 
It’s Mid-County Madness and if it wasn’t already a huge game in the Golden Triangle, let’s add in the fact that it’s for the 12-5A Division II district title as well. Bottom line is, this game is must-see television year in and year out and it’s likely to deliver once again. Unbeaten Nederland rolled past Crosby 45-22 as QB Blaysin Fernandez threw for four touchdowns and ran for another touchdown all in the first half as he sat out the second half with the Bulldogs holding a comfortable lead.

Port Neches-Groves didn’t show any ill-effects from losing a game off the field with a forfeit as the Indians knocked off Barbers Hill 31-14 as QB Roschon Johnson accounted for 443 total yards and four total touchdowns in the win. The real key for PNG in this one was the Indians' defense, which played maybe their best game of the season. If that unit continues to play well, there’s no doubt Port Neches-Groves can play with just about anyone in Region III. A year ago, unbeaten PNG went into Nederland as a favorite and left with a heartbreaking last-second loss. The roles are a bit reversed this year as unbeaten Nederland looks to be a slight favorite and the game is in Port Neches. Could history repeat itself this year? My pick is yes, this time PNG gets a bit of revenge and knocks off Nederland to earn the district crown.
Stepp’s Pick: Port Neches-Groves by 3

from DAVE Campels web site

This is the hidden content, please

Tepper Picks Nederland

also From Dave Campbells website

43 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Stepp has a close relationship with BF that’s probably why he will choose them. 

It's not like it's totally unreasonable to pick PNG. Though I think Stepp is wrong -- If PNG wins, it won't be in a close game.

In fact, there is a statistic in this rivalry I've never noticed before, and that is Nederland's absolute dominance against PNG in one-score games in the past two decades. Since 1990, PNG and Nederland have played in 14 games that were decided by one score. PNG has only beaten Nederland in one game that was decided by one score in the past 28 years (1996). Most importantly, Nederland has won every single one-score game against PNG in this century. Since 2000, Nederland is 14-4 against PNG, but in one-score games in that same time, Nederland is 11-0 against PNG. 

I think PNG will have to win decisively to win at all, unless we do something we haven't done in 22 years. Go Indians. 

9 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

It's not like it's totally unreasonable to pick PNG. Though I think Stepp is wrong -- If PNG wins, it won't be in a close game.

In fact, there is a statistic in this rivalry I've never noticed before, and that is Nederland's absolute dominance against PNG in one-score games in the past two decades. Since 1990, PNG and Nederland have played in 14 games that were decided by one score. PNG has only beaten Nederland in one game that was decided by one score in the past 28 years (1996). Most importantly, Nederland has won every single one-score game against PNG in this century. Since 2000, Nederland is 14-4 against PNG, but in one-score games in that same time, Nederland is 11-0 against PNG. 

I think PNG will have to win decisively to win at all, unless we do something we haven't done in 22 years. Go Indians. 

That’s not with just PNG games tho Nederland doesn’t blow people out very often. Nederland is clock grinding, pound the ball, and play hard nose defense which is dying breed in HS football. Nederland lives in close games. 

4 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

That’s not with just PNG games tho Nederland doesn’t blow people out very often. Nederland is clock grinding, pound the ball, and play hard nose defense which is dying breed in HS football. Nederland lives in close games. 

I wish PNG would. We've won close games against other schools, even this season against Crosby and Vidor (ignoring the forfeit and looking just at the game). And we've had some close wins in the playoffs. But against Nederland, we simply do not win close games. It's crazy.