Nederland Bulldog History

BULLDOG HISTORY

The Bulldog tradition started in 1925 and has continued to present day through Blood, Sweat and Tears. The Bulldog tradition is deep with commitment, determination and loyalty. Bulldog proud for life burns through every Nederland graduate.

Since 1925 to present day (12/12/04) the Nederland Bulldogs record stands at 459W - 321L - 35T. The Bulldogs have played in 27 BI-District games, 3 Area game, 1 Regional Semifinalist game, 15 Regional games, 10 Quarter Final games, 5 Semi-Final games, 2 Finals and in 1957 State Champions under Emmett McKenzie. The Bulldogs were Coached by Bum Phillips from 1951 to 1956 and were in the Quarter Finals in 1953, 1954 and 1955 under his direction.

Head Coach Larry Neumann came aboard in 1993 and has a record of 101W - 41L - 1T. Coach Neumann has made it to the BI-District game in 1993 and 1996 and the Regional in 1997, 2002, 2004 the Regional Semifinals in 2003, and to the Quarter Finals in 1998, 1999 and in 2000. He also made it to the Semi Finals in 2001.

The Nederland Bulldogs continue to be one of the most recognized High School Football teams in the State.

1937 - BI-District loss to Hull Daisetta 0 - 6

1939 - Regional loss to Elkhart 0 - 3

1942 - Regional loss to Galena Park 6 - 0 (Undefeated in District)

1944 - Regional tie with Pasadena 0 - 0

1945 - Regional beat Pasadena 7 - 0 (Undefeated)

1953 - Quarter Final loss to Refugio 12 - 13

1954 - Quarter Final tie with Freer 28 - 28 (Undefeated in District)

1955 - Quarter Final loss to Weslaco 7 - 26

1956 - Finals loss to Garland 0 - 3 (Undefeated in District)

1957 - STATE CHAMPIONS over Sweetwater 20 - 7 (Undefeated)

1958 - BI-District loss to Alvin 0 - 35

1959 - BI-District loss to LaMarque 14 - 20

1961 - Finals loss to Dumas 0 - 6

1963 - BI-District loss to Conroe 7 - 24

1964 - BI-District loss to Galena Park 0 - 33

1965 - BI-District loss to Brazosport 6 - 30

1988 - BI-District loss to Houston King 16 - 49

1993 - BI-District loss to Silsbee 7 - 34

1996 - BI-District loss to Jasper 28 - 10

1997 - Regional loss to Jacksonville 14 - 21

1998 - Quarter Finals loss to Bay City 34 - 28

1999 - Quarter Finals loss to Texas City 12 - 28 (CO-District Champs)

2000 - Quarter Finals loss to Bay City 0 - 7

2001 - Semi Finals loss to Simthson Valley 14 - 38 (CO-District Camps)

2002 - Area round loss to Harker Heights 15 - 28

2003 - Regional Semifinals loss to State Champs LaMarque 8 - 31

2004 - Area Loss to Jacksonville 20 - 14

Guest GoStangs

No doubt, the Dogs have played very well since Neumann took over. Although he can't claim an outright district title, he certainly has made them one of the strongest teams in 20-4A year after year.

No we haven't had an outright district title yet under Neumann but I wouldn't trade our success since 93 with any other team in our district. PNG would be the only team close. Ozen and Central are both headed in the right direction. Good coaching helps! I would say this year could be Lumbertons turn around season. The Nederland team coming back next year will surprise a lot of people.

Guest GoStangs

I don't blame you. He's definitely done a tremendous job with the program, and has brought everyone (fans and "foes" alike) to expect great things out of the Dogs. If next year is a "surprise," then it means they're going to miss out on the playoffs with a weak team -- having a strong team and going a few rounds deep is almost a given under Neumann.

There will be some movement among all 3 schools in Beaumont IF a certain individual becomes the head man in PA. Having said that, I told yall in the summer about Ozen and I told y'all about Central after the scrimmage I saw. Stowars and Clayton will battle for first, everyone else battles for 3rd......

SFA, I haven't heard the word on the street, is Stump going to PA? That would cripple WB. If Stump stays, I think it hurts Ozen and Central significantly talent wise, but there are probably enough players to go around with those two coaches.

No Penny. Word is Stump may stay till this freshman group(Class of '09) comes through or when Dodge takes a college job which his son is a sophomore now. One of WB assistants is strongly looking at the PAM job and I heard that pre-Rita. If this person goes south, he may take assistants from all 3 BISD schools

No Penny. Word is Stump may stay till this freshman group(Class of '09) comes through or when Dodge takes a college job which his son is a sophomore now. One of WB assistants is strongly looking at the PAM job and I heard that pre-Rita. If this person goes south' date=' he may take assistants from all 3 BISD schools[/quote']

Talked with a Westbrook coach today and this is not true...No one from Westbrook will be coaching at PAM

Doesnt surprise me that Stump would want to stay until his Freshman class graduates. From what I saw of them they could arguably hang with the varsity team... They were really big, fast and executed well. I expect WB will be tough for the next several years as those guys step up and fill varsity spots.

• 5 months later...

Sure. But when Ozen was created, the assumption was that they would dominate thier district and any other so-called "low talent teams" ie MC. Didn't happen. I don't make predictions , saves on the amount of crow that is eaten. But all these statements that the DC goes through bmt and that the MC teams dodged the maroon bullet last year make for good conversation, but you never count us out, we don't back down from anyone.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin