Myth of the Full Ride in Div. I Baseball

Myth of the Full Ride in Division I Baseball

question: is there a player in Tx that is getting a full ride in div.I  baseball

Before you answer make sure you know.

Division I NCAA only has 11.4 or 11.7 total to give on a 30 man roster so do the math. 

I have been seeing a lot boast about full rides on this board.

Now some kids get grant money and other scholarships that does not count as a full

ride for just baseball.  In the end it might equal a full ride but as for as a D-1 team giving a full ride i dought it.

In Louisanna a native Louisanna player might get a full ride  due to the fact that they can get 50% for just being a resident of the state.  Lucky to live in La.  What i don't understand is how La. can get away with in with the NCAA.  NCAA is big on a level playing field or so they say.

Give some feed back.

Guest coachhooker

no one gets full rides in baseball, now they might academic money for the player so he eventually gets a full ride but no one gets full rides for strictly baseball

I have a son that plays strictly baseball and he does not pay for anything (except his parking pass for the semester).  They gave him books, fees, and tuition.  He does attend a D1 school.

not to throw sand but that would be a 50% depending on the school and the amout of the room and board and the price of the tuition, fees and books.

full would be books, tuition, fees, room and board.

Thats what football, basketball and volleyball players get when they get full.

and this will get your goat even more when you know that D-1 football gets 85 full and i think basketball gets 12 full someone else might be able to shed some light there.

And yes well all know the next statement well football and basketball pays their bills.

I have a son that plays strictly baseball and he does not pay for anything (except his parking pass for the semester).  They gave him books, fees, and tuition.  He does attend a D1 school.

Where does he live and who pays for that? Also, how does he eat and who pays for that.  If the school does not pay for both, then he is not on a full ride.  If he is on a full ride. The school would provide him with 3 meals aday.   I know of someone in D-1 that is gettin 85%. Which is everything but housing and meals.  This is the best that I have seen in baseball. 

I have heard of players on 50% academics and 50% athletics. That is about the only way to get 100% in baseball. 

I don't think you'l find many 1st yr players on a 'full ride', lots of 'books n tuition'. Probally find 15-20 players on each D1 team recieving a pc of the pie. With Juco you'l probally find at least 20 recieving some form of aid. I think there are more than a few schools that can and do come up with some extra $$ when needed, from where, that I can't answer. A really good coach is not only good at coaching but also at recruiting and bargaining with potential players. My son signed in the early session (Nov)with Lamar for books, tuition n fees, the money Coach Gilligan saved on room n board was used on another signee or 2 for whatever he wanted. You can pretty much count on any local kid getting only books, tuition n fees. That being said, is the reason you will find more than 11.? schollarships in D1s. But as I said earlier they seem to come up with extra $$ when needed. I would think that room n board would somewhat match the monies spent on books tuition n fees.   

Surley in the end he was offered a 'full ride' but will be willing to bet he wasn't offered a full ride from the beginning but who knows. Some of these recruiters n coaches will give a used car salesman a run for their money. What you hear and what really occured is the question or at least this was true with our endevor.

Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen to the 101st National Spelling Bee

Our first contestant is Johnny...

Johnny, Your word to spell is VICARIOUSLY..

(Johnny thinks: I dont know this word)

Johnny:  Mr. Announcer, can you use that word in a sentence.

Mr. Announcer:  Sure.  643 lives vicariously through his son, who he mentions in every single one of his posts.

Johnny:  Oh Great! Now i know...

V-I-C-A-R-I-O-U-S-L-Y....(no ding means you advance)

Yeah!!!!

I mean come on 643 quit hanging on...

:D :D :D You crack me up!

Mr. Announcer:  Sure.  643 lives vicariously through his son, who he mentions in every single one of his posts.

Yeah!!!!

Wow...now thats funny.  That had to take a while.

Yeah!!!!

That's funny.  ;D ;D ;D

The fact of the matter is i am willing to bet that there are none are very few full rides for baseball just because there are not enough to go around.

A lot of 25% to 50% and some really good players get 70% to 75% and thats it

to know the full story you would have to go to the schools and ask because daddies and buddies seem to stretch the truth a little when it come to getting a certian amounts.