Buna                              Corrigan Camden

Deweyville                      Hemphill

Warren                          Woodville

Kountze                        Shelbyville

Anahuac                        San Augustine

Hardin

Who do you think will win this game

Guest ECBucFan

You could very well be right. However, for all the talk that goes on and on and on, Newton went no further than EC did...am I right? Thought so.

Guest EagleFan01

I am very right Newton can and will if needed to beat any team in that district and yes your right we did get beat in the same round as you guys but that has nothing to do with the fact that we have beaten EC the last few times we have played and and also the last few times we have played everyone in that district and that is the real question not the fact that both the teams were beat in the second round.......... Now back to what the question is Newton will and can beat any team in that district....

Guest ECBucFan

Best To Worst.........

WO-S 11-1 (7-0)

East Chambers 11-1 (6-0)

Barbers Hill 10-1 (7-0)

Dayton 9-3 (7-0)

Silsbee 9-3 (6-1)

West Brook 9-4 (5-2)

Newton 8-3 (5-0)

Hmmmm....Now how bout that?

This upcoming year?

23-AA hands down........ 

Newton will be much improved from last years team with a strong possibility of making another run to the state title.....

Corrigan Camden (IMO) may be the best team in 23-AA this coming year and if the cards fall right you could very easily have a state champ caliber team from 23-AA in both the big school and small school divisions...

Hemphill will be getting much stronger over the next few years and should be as strong or stronger this year as they were last year....

Woodville and San Augustine always have the ability to beat anyone on any night..

There will always be two really good teams left at home once the playoffs begin in this district.....  I would venture to say that the 4th and 5th place teams from this district would make the playoffs if they were in just about any other district..

Guest EagleFan01

If Newton played a lack luster weak pre season schedule we would have been undefeated going into the playoffs also..... So when you can beat Newton, (East Chambers) then you can talk....... Anyway back to what I was saying what team did you play Bucs that was anygood? Exactly when you finally played a team that was good you got your butts handed to you so what does that tell you????????

Corrigan Camden has some problems with there school. Soms of there athletes are going to chester now. so they might have problems next year.

I got Newton, Hemphill, and Woodville making the playoffs this year.

Woodville might have trouble waitng so long to get a new coach, but they have the athletes to make the playoffs.

This upcoming year?

23-AA hands down........ 

Newton will be much improved from last years team with a strong possibility of making another run to the state title.....

Corrigan Camden (IMO) may be the best team in 23-AA this coming year and if the cards fall right you could very easily have a state champ caliber team from 23-AA in both the big school and small school divisions...

Hemphill will be getting much stronger over the next few years and should be as strong or stronger this year as they were last year....

Woodville and San Augustine always have the ability to beat anyone on any night..

There will always be two really good teams left at home once the playoffs begin in this district.....  I would venture to say that the 4th and 5th place teams from this district would make the playoffs if they were in just about any other district..

EC can compete and beat any team from 23-AA.  No doubt Newton year in and year out are good, but the last couple times Newton played EC, they were competitive games, it ought to be an exciting year, can't wait.

EC can compete and beat any team from 23-AA.  No doubt Newton year in and year out are good, but the last couple times Newton played EC, they were competitive games, it ought to be an exciting year, can't wait.

You may be right, but if I were a betting man, my money says that both Newton and Corrigan Camden would take EC to the woodshed..... 

Guest EagleFan01

I agree Newton and CC would take them too the wood shed.. Also, the first time Newton played EC it was a good game that Newton won 14-7 but the next year Newton took them bucs to the wood shed and whoop that you know what.....  It was a blow out if I remember correctly like what 40 something to 7.

Guest ECBucFan

Well the posters from DETX have arrived here in full force, looking for an arguement, apparently. Great to have you "classy"  ::) people here. BTW, hope things go really well for you real soon. In other words, maybe you avoid Marlin for a change. Hope so, since Barbay is very, very near retirement...

East Chambers 11-1 (6-0)

Newton 8-3 (5-0)

Guest ECBucFan

If Newton played a lack luster weak pre season schedule we would have been undefeated going into the playoffs also.....

BTW, 2A EC defeated 4 PREVIOUSLY UNDEFEATED 3A teams last year. Don't let your contempt for our district 24-2A blind you of the facts. 

Guest EagleFan01

Yeah weak 3A teams!!! Who did you guys beat that was any good????? Im not looking for an argument I am just stating the facts Newton is a better team and that is just the way it is... Oh and Barbay isn't going anywhere anytime soon that is for sure so sorry to hurt your feelings on that one.. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well the posters from DETX have arrived here in full force, looking for an arguement, apparently. Great to have you "classy"  ::) people here. BTW, hope things go really well for you real soon. In other words, maybe you avoid Marlin for a change. Hope so, since Barbay is very, very near retirement...

East Chambers 11-1 (6-0)

Newton 8-3 (5-0)

Don't get me wrong BucFan, I am not taking ANYTHING away from a really good EC team (a team that I hold in a very high respect).  You guys questioned whether or not 24-AA or 23-AA was the tougher district.  I personally think that 23-AA top to bottom is the tougher district (maybe the toughest district in all of East Texas top to bottom).  EC has the ability to beat most of the teams in this district but IMO I do not believe that they can beat Newton nor Corrigan Camden.  Notice that I am giving you guys full credit for being the better team over my Hemphill Hornets.  For the past several years you guys have had Hemphills number in the playoffs.

Team 24-2A-                   Team 23-2A

East Chambers        vs    Newton

Buna                              Corrigan Camden

Deweyville                      Hemphill

Warren                           Woodville

Kountze                         Shelbyville

Anahuac                         San Augustine

Hardin

Who do you think will win this game

23-AA wins 5 of these 7 with only Kountze and Hardin coming away with the wins for 24-AA....  ;D

Just kidding with you 24-AA guys...  No doubt both districts are very well represented with powerhouse teams!!!

For the record, there are no problems in CC right now and there has been ZERO athletes move to Chester.  I dont know where you get your info, but I would not get any more from that person.  There will be no problems next year. 

Corrigan Camden has some problems with there school. Soms of there athletes are going to chester now. so they might have problems next year.

I got Newton, Hemphill, and Woodville making the playoffs this year.

Woodville might have trouble waitng so long to get a new coach, but they have the athletes to make the playoffs.

Guest ECBucFan

Yeah weak 3A teams!!! Who did you guys beat that was any good?????

... Oh and Barbay isn't going anywhere anytime soon that is for sure so sorry to hurt your feelings on that one.. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well, you just insulted H-J, H-F, Sheppard and Orangefield. Happy?

Isn't Barbay about like, 60 or 65? Just wondering. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder