District 24-2A vs 23-2A

Guest AISD

Lets put it this way.  If Newton, EC and CC were in the same district, they would finish;

1. Newton

2. EC

3. CC

(most years)

EC has good athletes ever year, but without a doubt, in recent years Newton has had more.

To be fair, EC's only loss last year was to the eventual state champ.

But don't kid yourself, you where very glad that Woodville did not make the playoffs last year. Because you would have played Newton in the first round. 

EC Pre District                                  Newton Pre District

H. J.                                              Crockett

H. F.                                              Jasper

Shepard                                          Silsbee

Orangefield                                      Carthage

Looks like a no brainer to me who played the hardest pre district schedule so keep flashin those overall records.                             

Guest EagleFan01

Well you know ecbuc fan if yall played a tougher preseason schedule you might get some respect from me but until you guys play someone worth a darn you want get it... It doesn't bother me if I insulted the teams you play then oh well,,, you still playing a weak schedule and we are playing alot tougher one than you folks are.... Come on now you playin HJ, HF, orangefield, and SHEPPARD,,, alot of no name schools who are far from being the same caliber as Newton. Thats why you guys go undefeated all threw the season because like I said you play noone.. Come to our world and play our preseason district and yall might take 1 of those 4 if you even win that one...

Our boys were actually disapointed in a way when they found out they didn't play Newton in the first round last year.  They were excited to get a chance to play and get revenge for the last two years.  Who knows what would have happened.  East Chambers is returning a lot of talent and I think could make the deepest run the have ever made next year.  Who knows, maybe we can see EC vs. Newton.

Newton has a great program, but don't take it out on EC for being in a weak district.  Newton may have beaten EC this past year if they had played, but it wouldn't have been a blow-out.

Yes 23-AA is a stronger district than 24-AA, but that has nothing to do with how good EC is.

Obviously, Newtons "TOUGH" pre-season schedule didn't help them in the 2A play-offs this past year, so if record means so much to yall, schedule weaker teams.

I pull for both of these teams when they get in the play-offs, and I am proud of both schools.  Good luck this coming year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83