best centerfielders in setx

I say if Calhoun has started all 4 years and no errors, GET OFF HIS BACK!!! Go try it!  I gotta say Calhoun is hands down the best! Ya'll people from BC are just ticked off because there's someonebetter than Dishon.

Here's a site for you to see the top Outfielders in the Nation:

http://www.perfectgame.org/stories/07%5F01%5F07%5Fworkout%5Fresults%5Fworld%5Fholiday/

And there is only two players from Texas in this....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dishon-BC

Calhoun-Silsbee

Both of these guys cover a lot of ground and both are their teams best hitters.

I don't think there's a high school program in the state, much less this area, that would turn either one of these young men away.  Call whichever one you want #1 and the other #2.  Congrats to both on very successful high school careers. 

This thread is pointless...they are both great players, but guess what? IT DOESN'T MATTER! The point I am trying to make is that these guys play on two very good teams and who cares who is better...we should be asking who is the better team. All this thread is about is parents and fans from both sides fighting their players case. Of course BC fans are gonna say Dishon, Silsbee fans are going to say Calhoun, but winning is more important.  What we need to worry about is which of these two teams is going to go further in the playoffs, not who is the better centerfielder. Everyone has their oponions, but thats all they are, OPINIONS! For now...lets worry about the remaining matchups between BC vs. Jasper and Silsbee vs. Jasper. Its going to be a great finish. Who wins district? Who knows? But it's not the team with the best CF, but the best TEAM!

I've only watched Dishon play two games and that was against Silsbee!! He seems to be the real deal and deserves all the credit he gets!!

I've watched Calhoun play since he was nine and he's also the real deal!! He deserves all the credit he gets!!

Calhoun/Dishon or Dishon/Calhoun, they are the best!!

Hey I'm from Silsbee and I'll say the ROCK. Don't get me wrong BC I'm just like ya'll, I'll go for the home team. But I wont say that your outfielder doesn't deserve it. Wont say nothing bad about him, are make fun of where he may or may not be going to collage. That's just not right. Would like to see there stats though, should be some great numbers there.

does anyone think its weird that rocky and johnny look like identical twins?? have you seen them side by side...kinda weird

a little off topic but what the hey

and you know who i think is the best centerfielder..if you have a decent shot to start as a freshman and one of the most prestigious college programs ever..you can play

Levi West from Warren  is just about as solid as a center fielder can get... he has great speed, a great arm, and a great stick at the plate. Im not sure what his batting avg. is but he has hit 3 homeruns this season and get 2 to 3 hits a game...I wouldnt be suprised if he get into collage playing center somewhere it will be a shame if he dosent because he has great talent that needs to go farther than just highschool baseball...

Just because someone has been recruited or not don't mean squat. Its kinda like a woman wanting to get preg, if she don't expose herself its not gonna happen. Any recruiting taking place as a senior STARTED when someone noticed talent when they were a Jr or before. All kids should realize when they hit the field someone could be watching. I was at a JUCO game in Kansas visiting my son and while in the stands I commented to a coach  about a kid from Newton on his team, whereas he told me he had people in our area looking for him. When he found out who I was, he told me he had watched my son pitch as a Jr. in a Bi District playoff game @ Lamar and the only reason he didn't try and recruit him was he didn't think he had a chance and he also didn't think he would play in Kansas. So kids be AWARE you never know who's watching.

Guest Orangeboy

SO...has anybody even considered Taylor Hart, from Jasper..just throwing the name out there

He is just one of the great's you could put anywhere.  I loved watching him play short the last 2 years.

I think this thread confirms that we have a lot of really good HS baseball players here in SE Texas.  With that said, I'll throw my '2 cents' in on the "Best CF in SETX" with the caveat that, by ranking them, I'm not knocking any of them.  I'll add the further 'warning' that I judge them not just by how they do in high school but trying to look at them beyond that.

1.  Johnny Dishon (Bridge City)-- already has MLB speed (6.5 60) and arm (92).  Hits and hits for power (at or near area HR lead).  Tracks the ball as well as any on this list.  Plays faster than he runs (which is pretty #@%$ fast).  LSU signee for a reason.

2.  Bobby Armstrong (West Brook) -- not as fast (6.9) but has demonstrated ability to throw (90).  Has hit for average again this year with 'gap to gap' (but not HR) power.  Does not track it as well as Dishon or Calhoun but sill at top notch OF.  Look for him to be top JUCO or late Spring D-1 sign.

3.  Rocky Calhoun (Silsbee) -- ranks behind Dishon and Armstrong in speed (7.0) and arm (78) but throws better in game than arm strength rates.  Also plays faster than his clocked time.  Very good tracker of balls back and into gaps.  Falls behind both Dishon and Armstrong as a hitter (both current and projection).  His stature hurts him with both recruiters and scouts.  Not sure what his recruiting status is.  Like Dishon, also a standout football player.

I think you could take any one of these kids...put him in your OF and you'd be okay.  I do remember the time when all three of them did play in the OF together...

I have not seen Taylor Hart play CF (I have only seen him at SS).  I would think he has all the makings of being a very good CF in terms of speed and instincts.  Do not know what his OF arm strength is/is not.  Is only a junior.  Have not seen the kids from either Kirbyville or Central enough to form an opinion.

I'll also mention another kid who is (technically) out of SETX:  Ralphael Thomas from Lufkin.  While he does not have a lot of power, he hits for average as well or better than any of the above.  He is also 'plus plus' fast (I've seen him run a 6.3).  His arm is slightly better than Calhoun's but not near Dishon's but...talk about game-changing speed...

I doubt any of this changes anyone else's opinions.  They're just mine anyway...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder