Will PNG ever be good again?

yes png will go to he playoffs and i say this year. ever since i was a little boy in middle school this group in the 2007 season set a goal as 7 graders that we were going to win a state championship and by god we will do what it takes to win. we have busted tail all offseason all of are linemen bench over 300 pounds and 375 being the strongest and lineman running 40's under 5.6. our recivers our top shelf and we have a qb in comparison to umm lets say my cousin dustin!!! sound familiar

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a lot of bashing going on and a lot of fingers being pointed.  Have any of you ever paid much attention to the noise in the stands?  There seems to be a lack of support for all the staff and the students who are giving their all on Friday nights.  Half of the fans do not even stand for Cherokee anymore.  I think as fans, we need to show support through the good times and the bad.  It seems to me that people are not making the noise like there used to be unless it is a "PLAYOFF" game.  We have neighboring schools who are outdoing us on making noise during Friday nights!!!!!!  We need to support our leaders, coaches, and our children from the football players, cheerleaders, twirlers, band, trainers, managers and so on. 

There is a lot of bashing going on and a lot of fingers being pointed.  Have any of you ever paid much attention to the noise in the stands?  There seems to be a lack of support for all the staff and the students who are giving their all on Friday nights.  Half of the fans do not even stand for Cherokee anymore.  I think as fans, we need to show support through the good times and the bad.  It seems to me that people are not making the noise like there used to be unless it is a "PLAYOFF" game.  We have neighboring schools who are outdoing us on making noise during Friday nights!!!!!!  We need to support our leaders, coaches, and our children from the football players, cheerleaders, twirlers, band, trainers, managers and so on. 

The last time I checked we were still filling the stands, but if the team isn't scoring you don't have alot to cheer about. So, I'm suppose to wear a football helmet, a coaches whistle, pom poms, baton, playing a trombone, holding a water bottle, and medical tape in my back pocket. Will that make you happy? ::)

In response to Scalp'em, you may just have a great new philosophy.  No encouragement when you are down and only cheer when you score.  This could apply to all areas of life: parenting, work ethics, relationships, etc.  Remember, that not only adults read these remarks, but the kiddos do too. 

In response to Scalp'em, you may just have a great new philosophy.  No encouragement when you are down and only cheer when you score.  This could apply to all areas of life: parenting, work ethics, relationships, etc.  Remember, that not only adults read these remarks, but the kiddos do too.   

I was being sarcastic ;) Look Dr. Phil, I cheer for PNG in the low times and high times. You ever go to a home game and have senior citizens get upset because your standing and not sitting? I make sure to bring my kids to all of the sporting events at PNG whether it's football, basketball, and baseball.  I don't see many others at basketball or baseball, and that's a shame. Anyways, hopefully kids do read this and began supporting more PNG athletics, and hope they aren't parents yet ;D

As an outsider, I have to admit that I was shocked the last few times that PN-G played at WO-S that the purple crowd only filled about 65 percent of our visitors' side, as opposed to the sellouts in the 90s. Several people around me commented on it as well.

actually i change my mind now i think about it ive played with alot alot of their players and they got talent i mean like josh wright weighs 186 benchin like 390 or more and all the others all they got to do is go into two a days in the right mood wanting to get better and not just relay on themselves its a team effort so if they get on the same wavelength they could go far.. so good luck PnG i might not live there nomore but i hope yall go far cause alot of yall are still my friends so good luck and i hope yall to bad of injurys if yall do get injured

peace out

Thanks NewIndian for the introduction  ;D

Yes, i do plan on bringing back the bleacher creatures and if anyone on this site wishes to join i will open it up to you as well as the pngindians.com forum users to join and help the crowd get going and bring back the true "Indian Pride"

all the alumni on this site i would love to see you at the games to give us pointers and ect.

look for us to be by the band

o and also personally i am totally opposed to this thread because as others have already said...

every team has its down years

what was being said back in the 90s when the indians went on a 3 year losing season streak??

was everyone freaking out saying that we need all new coaches and all this other nonsense that is being said?

i say put our trust is the guys that make the Indians a TEAM.

it is ultimately up to them on the outcome of each game

i played football up until recently and its not always the coaches that push the boys to new levels...

its the boys amongst themselves pushing each other to gain that extra yard or hold the offense on that crucial 4th down

just one opinion

not meant to offend anyone

What a lot of Tension!!!!!!!  Obviously others agree with me.  Yea Indian Spirit.  I couldn't have said it better myself.  One minute there is nothing to cheer about and the next we always cheer.  Interesting.  Well, anyway I am proud to be an Indian and I believe we will have an awesome year.  To all the kiddos reading, don't let the negative opinions get you down!  Go out ther and give your best and we will be proud.  I guess I need to sign off as Dr. Phil!!!!

well im a highschool student and have playued in the districet this will be my 5th year now.

and indian spirit..

The crowd shows up  only a couple true fans..

the only tim ei hear any cheer is at the begingin of the game or if we do sumthin good yall dont cheer us on .. if we do bad yall leave the game..

or if were down a couple pints in the 4th quarter its o lets leave befor traffic.. stay and cheer us on be a true fan..

BE AN INDIAN>>

What makes you guys think that PNG fans differ than ANY other H.S. fans?  EVERYONE loves it when their team's winning and a LARGE majority leaves when a loss is innevitable.  PNG's no different.  True, we bring a bigger than average crowd, but mixed in that crowd are going to be the usual old timers that have had their seats since 1964...and haven't cheered since then either.  And, as usual, when a team's in the middle of a banner year, the "true" fans come out of the woodwork, beating their chests and braging about how good "their" team is.

Don't put PNG under a different microscope than you're willing to examine your own team with.  All High schools struggle with the same issues. 

PNG fans do differ from other fans!! and I'm 'proud' of that!!

I like the fact that other teams recognize PNG's fans..........It's always been known......9-1 or 1-9.......the stands are packed.........If people are recognizing now that it's not happening anymore then I feel there is a problem with that..........

PNG put it's self under a 'different microscope'...........and it should be.......tradition is what got us there and tradition should be what brings it back!!

those '64 fans cheering or not are there...and are the true fans........if we have to wait to inherit tickets then we wait......again it's tradition.......

maybe our coaching staff just needs to find some of the heart that made PNG what it is......if anyone has a peace of it, MB does.....it's in his blood!!!    Good luck this year PNG!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder