Will PNG ever be good again?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PNG will be back on the map...

there just ina  slump.. really some of the players arent in the right state of mind..

and the coaching could also be better , true they have some new coaching staff.

but form what i have seen they have such diferent coaching strategies...

This season will be a better one but they are still stuglin to find there groove

Year in and year out there is not a lot of difference in talent from the district schools. Its how you develope and mold that talent . Its not amazing that Hooks and Barbay  keep winning teams every year. It comes down to coaching. Put Hooks at PN-G and that program will elevate. Remember a man named Etheridge.

png will be more than ok this year. three amazing backs a few good wide outs and a great qb. its not the coaching on the football that is bad.. we get that.. its the coaching on playing as a team. {TEAM} to many guys on the team wanna play for themselves not for the team. they wanna do things and say things for them selves. alot of the team just goes their own way.cockiness and ego's is whats wrong with this team. no heart no whole. like the coaches at OU tell their kids do things together one unit. one heart beat.

Guest Penny

HUGE, HUGE correction needed... all of us know you couldn't just put Hooks at PNG, Hooks wasn't much without his OUTSTANDING coaching staff.  You'd need C. Thompson and Foreman as well. 

coachin isnt the problem guys. like i said earlier its the players. the talent is their. its just their are few that are their for the team. and alot taht are their for themselves tryin to look out for their selves. sure scorin amazing touchdowns looks good. but scorin ok td's and having a good winning season is even better

well said pngbred. but look for the indians to turn things around this year. most of the players are hungry and ready to win. but you are right if you cant work as a team, then whats the point of calling it one!

but i like this upcoming season and i think the indians are going to show some good signs of improvement, after their scrimages with jasper and baytown sterling.

I have been watching alot of the seniors and juniors go to the school and work out, jog, get in shape and/or stay in shape.  I have seen some of the offensive line men for png and let me tell you some of them look like extremely stout thick boys !  I noticed the speed they show in firing off the line.  I see PNG turning things around this season.  The QB seems to be showing alot of talent, I think possibly along the lines of Long.  The center Riley snaps the shot gun amazingly, and is very fast for a 6 '  265lb offensive line man.  Cortez is very strong and very fast as a guard.  The spread on the line and their strength and speed will give the QB alot of time to sit in the pocket and throw.  I see the top 3 seeds in the district to be Dayton, PNG and Nederland.  I always say never underestimate the indians.  They appear to be functioning more closely as a unit than I have seen in several years.  All we can do is wait >>>>>>>> 

coachin isnt the problem guys. like i said earlier its the players. the talent is their. its just their are few that are their for the team. and alot taht are their for themselves tryin to look out for their selves. sure scorin amazing touchdowns looks good. but scorin ok td's and having a good winning season is even better

i play on this team coming this year and were not playing as individuals  were playing as a team  were always tired of losing and stuff and we wanna go far and show the people doggin on our school that we can really play  the last couple of years have been horrible  look for it to turn around this year  you will be surprised at whats about to happen

play-ball i like the way your thinking, i am also goin to be on this team this upcoming season as a senior and i as well want to win just as much as the guys on our team! but we need to take it one game at a time.

our two scrimages should help us improve and get ready for those lamarque gougars who i realy think we can beat.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami