Nederland Going To The Spread?

Guest Nederland Bulldogs

Guest Penny

Question was do they have the right players for that... my assumption is that since they have not typically run much spread in the past, this is a change that has been thought out.  Since most regard the Nederland coaching staff as having somewhat of a clue about how to get something out of what their working with... I would say without knowing the details that YES THEY DO HAVE THE PERSONNEL FOR IT.  Sampere seems to be a pretty agile kid, and they have several quality recievers, so sounds like a good move to me?

I can't picture it, but I am not nearly as familiar with the Bulldog roster as y'all are. For WO-S, the spread was only truly an asset with Beasley, who was better than any of our RBs. No offense, but I don't think Big Ned has a Beasley on board (nor does WO-S).

I hope it works well for us this season... We tried this same sort of deal with Hood at the helm in 04, but it didnt work out too well and we dropped it before district started.... But thats what predistrict is for... We will see... I think Neumann and Barrow know what they are doing... This style of offense is typical of really successful teams such as Southlake Carrol...

If you have the talent then yes but like my grandmother says " You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s&*^".  I can't see the Dogs changing things after the success they have had. Good luck to Nederland this coming season. Haven't they made the playoffs the last 10 years or something like that?

Come on, If it ain't broke....................................you know the rest !

But they most likely have the players to pull it off.

problem is: Nederland is a ball control type team and there is not alot of TO possesion with the spread.  It could hurt em.

But, good luck with it Dogs.

• 2 months later...

The only thing y'all could be PAM in is baseball, softball, and the amount of former mascot handlers posting trash online.  And I'm curious to match stats between PAM's d and the Swiss cheese brigade of Nederland lol

I'm the biggest critic of PAM's lack of D.  According to the Chronicle, the StoneWall D of Nederland average 20 yards less that PAM on yards allowed to a schedule with Forest Brook, Lumberton, and Vidor plus having the #1 LB in the state(despite him playing a 7 tech)

I bet you don't know what a 7 technique is do you?  Most male cheerleaders/internet nerds don't.

No bignerd, I actually played the game.  Even got and article in the PortNeches news before the started slobbering all over MC.  Now you on the otherhand, probably wore the dog costume didn't you lol

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ssiaa
    Newest Member
    ssiaa