Best Catcher In The Area?

Well I have read some good arguments on here about who is the best catcher. I have called games behind most of the guys mentioned, all but one actually and had a chance to see him from the field. Catching is not only blocking, catching and throwing out runners, it is being a field general and commanding an entire team from the first pitch till the last pitch.

1. Rowell

2. Buchanan

3. Abberra

4. Jackson

5. Campbell

Rowell is a good ballplayer. So is Jackson. They have a bright future ahead. Buchanan is a good player (and probably the best leader on the field). It all boils down to opportunity to play. Some schools (PNG) for instance, have a lot of depth in their program. There are several sophs (back-up catcher Carnahan included) that would be in the starting varsity lineup at any other school. Several PNG JV players not mentioned anywhere on this forum will come to the forefront next year. As mentioned earlier, the class of 08 will have some rising stars!

Rowell in my opinion is the best catcher in the area, and I have seen everyone mentioned above. He does have a cannon for an arm, however his release is a little slow. The kid hits the ball well, and hits it where it is pitched. I see him landing a DI maybe even a top-tiered JUCO program next year.

Buchannon is a great leader, however I still think at times he has trouble hitting the off-speed pitch. Is this kid getting any offers from college??

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin