LCM 5 Dayton 4 Final/Friday

Diamond-J and his companions... 18 Innings by 1 pitcher in 7 days " :o" your coach is crazy and if I was his dad Id slap the coach.. Thats not coaching thats stupidity.... He must not know alot about pitching.... Which is fine but what are you all going to do when dewey gets hurt soon... Its going to be like a big tire rolling down the hill. Just admit your wrong dont say ur coach is right in this situation under know circumstance should a kid pitch that much in 1 week I dont care who the kid is and how perfect his arm action etc is......

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diamond-J and his companions... 18 Innings by 1 pitcher in 7 days " :o" your coach is crazy and if I was his dad Id slap the coach.. Thats not coaching thats stupidity.... He must not know alot about pitching.... Which is fine but what are you all going to do when dewey gets hurt soon... Its going to be like a big tire rolling down the hill. Just admit your wrong dont say ur coach is right in this situation under know circumstance should a kid pitch that much in 1 week I dont care who the kid is and how perfect his arm action etc is......

Listen Jethro----It is not innings pitched that counts--it is the pitch count---in the two games that Dewey pitched two innings in his count was very low--and through the 5th last night he had thrown only 64---Coach Craus is doing his job and the young mans dad is very involved--so I think they probably have a better handle on things than

an invisible guy on the internet

Here is the problem with baseball.  You have way too many people who think that they know everything.  You have Daddys who coached little league, select and whatever else you have......They think that because they put on a yankees shirt in t ball that they are all of sudden Joe Torre.  The coach from Dayton is a professional.  And he CARES about his kids.  He is not going to jeopardize a young man's future to win a high school game.  The problem I see is there are too many people on here who have some kind of axe to grind against  Dayton and they want to criticize the coach and even his parents,  The player from Dayton pitched a great game from what I can see.  I don't think you should criticize anyone here. Maybe you should applaud him and talk about the great performances he has given.  Way too many people on this board are very upset that Dayton entered your little Golden Triangle World back in September and has been at the top or very near it ever since.

again, repeteive strain on the joints that comprise the pitching arm are what harms a pitcher.  In LL, we had rules that prevented a kid from throwing every game, but you still had kids that ended up with hurt arms, and destroyed futures because the star pitcher was rode like a cheap carnival pony.  Y'all can ride this kid to death, and screw up his future if you want.  But before you do, at least look up Tommy Johns on the Web, and tell me that this kid isn't going to be affected.

Additionally, the growth plates in the arm and shoulder are stll in a growing phase.  But hey, as long as the Broncs have a chance for a win, who cares right?  I know that sounds harsh, but this young man is the one who is going to suffer the physical consequences of the desire to win.  In every Bronc fan defense that I have read, there has not been one that deals with the potential damage this young man may suffer.  So, Bronc fans, when this kid's arm goes POP, and y'all want to blame someone for that...look in the mirror...after all, you are the ones who said itwas "no big deal"...

I can assure that if this pitcher was from bottom dweller school there would not even be a mention about it, but because Dewey is the top pitcher on a team that has beaten everyone in this "baseball" district then everyone has a gripe and is so worried.  It is ashame that your baseball schools don't have the heart that this kid does and you all have a coach that wants to sit at third with his hands in his packpockets and spit sunflower seeds.  To the guy that wants to slap the Dayton coach, the school's phone number is (936) 258-2510, call and make an appointment, I am sure he will be more than happy to accomodate you for a meeting.

This message was for the vidor fan who wrote that he would slap the Dayton coach if Dewey was his son, but then he changed his wording to say he would put his foot down.

Regardless of the school, and regardless of the record, I would be concerned for any kid throwing that much.  I have seen it result in a kid that had NO more strenth left in an arm that was throwing serious heat. 

Does it mean that we don't like Dewey?  Heck no!  The kid was a battler all the way through the game...he fought all the way...but the "cupboard was bare" evidence came in the 6th and 7th, when he had given all of his 110% and was still trying to find more.  At that point, if you are prepared, you bring in a fresh arm.  Even after he got the bases loaded, he was still left in, then...BAM  bases loaded triple.  I can't blame Dewey...he gave everything, but he should have had a closer ready...there wans't even anyone warming up...

I would like to make a simple request and I hope our people don't tar and feather me. 

This is not our business.  We can only control what happens in our corner of the world.  Let us focus on our kids and what we can do to help them succeed.

We wish Dayton's players and coaches the best of luck the rest of the way.

bb09

I can assure that if this pitcher was from bottom dweller school there would not even be a mention about it, but because Dewey is the top pitcher on a team that has beaten everyone in this "baseball" district then everyone has a gripe and is so worried.  It is ashame that your baseball schools don't have the heart that this kid does and you all have a coach that wants to sit at third with his hands in his packpockets and spit sunflower seeds.  To the guy that wants to slap the Dayton coach, the school's phone number is (936) 258-2510, call and make an appointment, I am sure he will be more than happy to accomodate you for a meeting.

This message was for the vidor fan who wrote that he would slap the Dayton coach if Dewey was his son, but then he changed his wording to say he would put his foot down.

Didn't you lose to LCM? Dumb statement. And for another dumb statement your throwing out your school phone number so  your UFC coach can set up an appointment to ge slapped, what are you his agent? You guys kill me. You come into this district this year and you think your some kind of bad A's because youv'e had a little success.

is this for real???? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

actually scouts...5 years as a Little League administrator, with classes and courses on injury prevention such as "Tommy Johns".  In addition, look at the resources on the Net with reference to Tommy Johns injuries...

I would like to make a request of every Dayton fan on this board...a pledge of $500 college money per person, IF Mr. Dewey's arm is damaged .  You see, Dewey is giving his all for his school...IF he does get injured, will all of you step up and give your all for Dewey?  Step up folks...show your real "money where your mouth is" support for this young man, who obviously has a great deal of pride in teh Broncs.  That is not a sarcastic statement.  He is a team player, willing to put it all on the line for his team...are you all willing to back him in a college degree if his arm goes?

Why is everyone so concerned about Dayton.  We could give a care what is going on in your little baseball world.  A little success.  Football district champs, 2nd place in basketball, baseball TBA and track leave that to the beaumont schools and dayton.  soccer and team tennis yall will win everytime.  I almost forgot we dont have team tennis and soccer, but yall would still win.

There is way too much Dayton envy going on around here.  You boys on the east side of the triangle worry about your little part of the world and leave the succesful program building to people who know what they are doing.  Don't you all have a one act play to win or something.  Good luck in that.

actually scouts...5 years as a Little League administrator, with classes and courses on injury prevention such as "Tommy Johns".  In addition, look at the resources on the Net with reference to Tommy Johns injuries...

I would like to make a request of every Dayton fan on this board...a pledge of $500 college money per person, IF Mr. Dewey's arm is damaged .  You see, Dewey is giving his all for his school...IF he does get injured, will all of you step up and give your all for Dewey?  Step up folks...show your real "money where your mouth is" support for this young man, who obviously has a great deal of pride in teh Broncs.  That is not a sarcastic statement.  He is a team player, willing to put it all on the line for his team...are you all willing to back him in a college degree if his arm goes?

That won't be neccessary. This thing has been blown way out of proportion and he will be fine. We need to move on to the next game and quit responding to comments that are only meant to make Dayton fans mad.

There is way too much Dayton envy going on around here.  You boys on the east side of the triangle worry about your little part of the world and leave the succesful program building to people who know what they are doing.  Don't you all have a one act play to win or something.  Good luck in that.

I wasnt going to get involved in this discussion but this guy just took it to far.  hey if they want to throw the kid that much let them who cares he isnt my kid or he isnt your kid so let them do what they want.  everyone has a "philosophy" of baseball, he is doing the best for his team to win isnt that the point?

anyways if you are saying Griff doesnt know how to build a successful program setexfan then you should be booted off this place.  by saying leave it up to the people who know what they are doing, that is what you are refering to.  all he is has done is built one of the most respected programs in the STATE and you want to dog it by referring to a one act play.  WHAT A JOKE?  no one envys DAYTON thats not even what the post is about. so figure it out.

Hey big guy, if you want to be known as a baseball school that is fine, have fun being known as school that is average in everything else.  That is why WOS will always be the class of that area, Coach Hooks has built a program, an overall athletic program, where his kids know if they cannot hack it at West Orange they can always move to LCM.

I wasnt going to get involved in this discussion but this guy just took it to far.  hey if they want to throw the kid that much let them who cares he isnt my kid or he isnt your kid so let them do what they want.  everyone has a "philosophy" of baseball, he is doing the best for his team to win isnt that the point?

anyways if you are saying Griff doesnt know how to build a successful program setexfan then you should be booted off this place.  by saying leave it up to the people who know what they are doing, that is what you are refering to.  all he is has done is built one of the most respected programs in the STATE and you want to dog it by referring to a one act play.  WHAT A JOKE?  no one envys DAYTON thats not even what the post is about. so figure it out.

SETXfan you dont have a clue.  coach hooks as built a good program in everything besides football and track?  ok their baseball team is horrible, basketball not the same as it was, not so sure about the golf program.  am i missing something?  im not dogging the dayton program it seems to be pretty good but when you dog one of the best baseball coaches to ever come around this area that is a different story.  we werent talking football, basketball, soccer, etc... we are talking baseball.

And when I said program I was referring to an athletic program, not just baseball.  LCM is a baseball town, that is what you are known for and that is what the parents over there have decided to stress and that is your choice, at the expense of the other programs.  Good luck with that, but do not come on here and dog the Dayton coach and his decsiions and expect noone to defend him and his ability to get the best out of his players.

I think you might want to rewrite your post. I believe you were trying to say that Coach Hooks has only built strong programs IN football and track.  When you say what you did it refers to him being good in everything but football and track.

i never dogged the dayton coach i think you should proofread what i said.  didnt know i was talking to an english professor. you dogged the LCM baseball program and school.  i never did either to the dayton program.  i think you have a good program and i said that but do not dog LCMs program. you make it seem like i bashed your program or something which i never did. so professor setxfan should i requote that or will get it right this time?  you have a good program and so does LCM, which may or may not be great at other sports than baseball.  being good at sports doesnt make you a great program.  if the kids grow to be successful in life and are good people who represent a community well and are not punks then that is a good program.  IM NOT DOGGING ANY SCHOOL THAT IS JUST MY DEFINITION OF A GOOD PROGRAM.  DAYTON HAS A GREAT ATHLETIC PROGRAM FROM WHAT I HEAR. 

Guest pirates

It was not my impression that a Vidor fan (as you call it) made that post.....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476