LCM 5 Dayton 4 Final/Friday

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GREAT GAME. LCM SCORES 5 RUNS IN THE 6 AND 7 INNING TO PULL OUT THE VICTORY. THEY DID A GREAT JOB AT THE PLATE IN THE LATE INNINGS.

DEWEY PITCHED A COMPLETE GAME AND DID A GREAT JOB. HE TIRED IN THE 6TH GIVING UP 2 RUNS. IN THE 7TH LCM STAYED PATENT AT THE PLATE AND HIT THE BALL HARD. THERE WERE A PLAY OR TWO THAT SHOUD HAVE BEEN MADE TO END THE GAME BUT BOTTOM LINE IS WITH 2 OUTS AND THE BASES LOADED THEY TRIPPLED IN THREE RUNS FOR THE WIN.

GOOD LUCK TO THE BEARS AND THE BRONCOS THE REST OF THE WAY. THE REMATCH WILL BE WORTH THE PRICE.

Please tell me I didn't hear that right, Dewey pitched a complete game? That is unreal.  That is taking winning at all costs to a new level. I don't care what anybody says pitching a kid that much will hurt him, weight training or not. Poor kid doesn't even know he is being used! I know you dayton fans are going to tell me to mind my own business, but if you know anything about baseball at all you know I'm right. I hope for the kids sake that somebody who knows what they're doing steps in.

Guest coach

I told those dayton fans earlier I believe it was bronco1 (the moderator.)that dewey was pitching..he told me they have all kind of pitching..apparently not..where you at bronco1??

thought yall wasnt going to pich that kid again this week

the coach from dayton is trouble din this district because in the last one he didnt have troublr competing!! but now he is pitching this guy every game to get bye!!! this is HORRIBLE!!!! and if i was his parents i would put my foot in. and before anyone says it!! i am NOT saying this because we lost tuesday

Is there not a rule on how much a kid can throw in one week? Or how much he can throw in between games? I heard he comes in in every single game. I dont care if he is your only pitcher, that is not right to his future and it also shows disrespect to any other pitcher on their roster.

A kids health is more important than a district or even state championship. Give the kid a break before something goes seriously wrong over what is simply a game.

Now, before the Dayton fans think this is sour grapes, I'm from LCM.  We won, so it is not a swipe at Dayton for beating us.  Mr. Dewey threw a great game.  He is a strong pitcher, and that is a good thing.  However, he should be the lead pitcher in a pitching staff, not the staff in itself.  So you guys know, yep, I'm a dad, and yep, my son pitches, and yep, I've researched Tommy Johns injuries.

In the predictions thread on this game, one of the posters wea jumped on when he mentioned that Dewey might get hurt pitching this much.  He was told that "since he hadn't pitched" he had no knowledge of what was going on, and was told that Dewey goes through a strength training regimen.

The "Tommy Johns" type of injury has nothing to do with strength...it has to do with repetetive motion of the shoulder and elbow.  The more motion and strain you put on those areas, the faster the particular areas wear out.  That is why pitch counts are so important, and that is why ball teams have pitching staffs, whether, high school, college, or even the pros.

Dayton NEEDS to develop more pitcher for their future.  Sadly, it's too late in the season for that this year.  But to prevent a recurrence of putting a kid's future in danger by oveuse, the coaches need to find at least 2 or 3 prospects that can do the job. 

Now the balk call on us?  even some of you guys on the Dayton side had a "what the hell" look on your face... :D

I told those dayton fans earlier I believe it was bronco1 (the moderator.)that dewey was pitching..he told me they have all kind of pitching..apparently not..where you at bronco1??

thought yall wasnt going to pich that kid again this week

It was me that said that we have other pitchers and we do--but Dewey was cruising and in hindsight maybe he should have been pulled---but it is also understandable for a coach to give a kid the chance to "finish it"----Our coaches called a great game--we just got beat--thats all!

No one should say that the coach doesn't care.  That guy coach's more than anyone I have ever seen.  Maybe even to a fault.  He made sure everyone in the ballpark saw that.  It was clear to my untrained eye that the kid had wore down in the sixth giving up 2 runs and in the seventh he was throwing his heart out, but it was the third or fourth at bat for our boys and we were finally caught up.  If my numbers are correct the kid threw 18 innings in 7 days. IMO "Crazy"  I bet the other pitchers on the team are just beaming with confidence right now after the coach showed such faith in them.  Has Dewey signed to play in college yet.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami