*Dayton 14 Vidor 11 Final/Tuesday*

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all i know is Vpride whoever that is was all saying..why did yall pitch yalls number one yall need him for us..obviously not...and andy dewey pitch 1 and 1/3 not two innning...and it was his choice..the coahc asked him not told him so get it straight..and their starter didnt leave the game till the 5th innning cuz he got rocked

In the words of Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, after the attack on Pearl Harbor, "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." :o

All you Dayton folks, don't start your day off mad. One word, sour grapes, OK two words. Let the excuses begin, umpires, weather, etc...

Guest coach

It was a good game all around..I believe Vidor left there pitcher in about an inning too long.The freshmen came in and was giving up a few walks and then the 6th and 7th inning he settled down.

When vj got hurt I believe Vidor was up by 1 run.The next inning without VJ there was a few balls hit to SS and they were mishandled and that resulted in a few runs scored.The replacing SS then settled down and made some good plays.But with VJ"s bat, and glove missing from the line up it did hurt Vidor alot.

The only thing I saw Vidor's announcer doing was playing music when Dayton's coach was out there making a fool of himself by throwing his hat down on the ground  and ranting and raving.The fans from what i saw were just being fans.

Kudos to the Dayton catcher he is a great player and he stopped alot of wild pitches and had a great arm.The starting pitcher for Dayton threw some heat also..

It was a good game..

I will come on here and eat crow if I deserve it.  Hats off to Dayton on the big win.  I am not normally an excuse maker, but if you take the best player off of any team they may struggle to adjust at first.  Had you guys lost your SS the score probably would have been reversed.  I am not trying to take anything away from the job you did it was a good game.  When I said you guys were out of pitching I am not sure I wasn't proven correct.  We did score 11 in the first 5 2/3.  (I know I will catch heck over this but here goes)  Had your coach not been willing to abuse the Dewey kid we would have probably scored 3 or 4 more, but he is a very talented and gutsy kid.  I is a shame the way he is being treated.  And don't give me the kid wanted to throw, because I know you are about to repeat that line of garbage.  He is a kid and the coach is an adult.  There are almost no highschool kids when asked by their coach if they want the ball will turn it down.  This is why they pay the adults a salary not the kids.  But congrats on the good win.  I hope you guys take care of business against LCM on Friday it would help us alot.  Hey, I have an idea.  Just throw Dewey again.  I mean I am sure if you ask him he will say he wants the ball.

Guest coach

last I heard pretty sure it was broke ,but it was too swollen to tell..I believe x-rays are coming this morning..

Feel bad for the team on such a hot streak, and most of all feel sorry for VJ.. Before the injury he was having another great game.

Guest coach

Not to get off subject but that was some decent pitching from the freshemn.He started off shaky but finsihed well.

You will see his name in the near future.

yalls excuses are such B.S. didnt we play a game the night before...isnt andy dewey our starting shortstop that was out cuz we played a game the day before..wasnt our whole team soar...dont your think our catcher was soar cathcing 21 innning in 4 days and 14 back to back...dont you think we were tired not getting back from ozen until 12 30 at night and waking up at 6 30 to go to school. i mean the excuses could go on but the main thing is we just flat out won...plain and simple

Guest coach

Fans being fans?  I guess in Vidor 40-50 year old men normally stand beside the opposing team's dugout and make derogatory comments to the players, coaches, and fans......high school students sit in the opposing players stands and degrade and make negative statements to the fans.....the announcer plays music inbetween PITCHES.  I call it low class.

Well apparently I was not that 40-50 year old man.I was in the stands.I wasnt aware of  the old man sitting beside yalls dugout.The announcer  plays music  in between batters,and when yalls coach was out there representing the Dayton school district by taking off his hat and throwing it in front of the umpire.

I have been to alot of ballparks and they play music in between innings and batters.Maybe Dayton needs to invest a little money in a sound system.

Guest coach

I dont know who is making excuses..Dayton is a good team.The starting pitcher was good and I have already gave kudos to yalls catcher.

Yall hit the ball well as a team and yall made the plays when yall needed to.

I believe what one guy was saying the game might have been different of VJ stayed in the game..Maybe so,maybe not.

When you lose a bat like his and a glove that is almost a sure thing, it is difficult to over come.But Dayton beat Vidor flatout.. A win is a WIN

Guest coach

o and the last thing im going to say..come on vidor fans...covering our bus in sand after the game....not to classy

What???

That was probably them 3 and 4 year old kids that wear playing next to the sand pile by yalls bus.

i was sitting right above yalls bus and there was no one over there doing anything.all there was over there is some kids that may have thrown sand..Dont make stuff up man..

Yall won and congrats,but leave all that somewhere else..

Guest coach

And Vidor probably needs to invest in a good athletic program, and not waste money on a sound system.

I beleive we have a good athletic program..That athletic  program made yall put your ace in last night just to get out of there with a win..seems like it was a good game to me..Unless you are saying yall arent any good either,and that those were two bad teams playing last night?

setxfan, you are the definition of fool if you think just because you weight train that you can throw any amount of pitches you want. You don't know crap about baseball. Hey Roger Clemens works out why don't we pitch him every day! Moron! There is a reason pithcers that make millions are on pitch count, but yet you think a 17-18 yr old kid can throw that many pitches because he works out. That's funny. If the coach keeps making those decisions he might not be able to pay his light bill. And as for Vidor being classy you better check your coaches out first.

I beleive we have a good athletic program..That athletic  program made yall put your ace in last night just to get out of there with a win..seems like it was a good game to me..Unless you are saying yall arent any good either,and that those were two bad teams playing last night?

You are right--NOT!---Vidor and Lumberton get punked at every turn--face it-your Athletic program is very poor and needs help---

Don't remember saying you could throw any amount of pitches that you want. That would be a dumb statement.  All I am saying is that the littkle bit that he had to be used to finish Vidor off would not hurt him.  Ease up on the caffeine and quit getting your feelings hurt.

setxfan, you are the definition of fool if you think just because you weight train that you can throw any amount of pitches you want. You don't know crap about baseball. Hey Roger Clemens works out why don't we pitch him every day! Moron! There is a reason pithcers that make millions are on pitch count, but yet you think a 17-18 yr old kid can throw that many pitches because he works out. That's funny. If the coach keeps making those decisions he might not be able to pay his light bill. And as for Vidor being classy you better check your coaches out first.

Guest coach

I believe we do quite well In track and basketball.

Matter of fact I believe our girls softball spanked yalls the other night by quite a few runs!!!

might want to check the other forums out before spitting out stats!

and by the way If i was a dayton baseball parent I would have been embarrassed of our coach if he acted like that the way he did last night..What a fool..!!

and I agreee with grand slam about the pitching..Heck the Astros could have pitched Clemens every night last year and won it all!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder