Best Individual Performance You've Witnessed

Guest GoStangs

Guest GoStangs

Who has impressed you the most in a one-game performance?

I've seen a lot of great players, but maybe the best individual effort came from Kelly's Dexter Hebert in a game where he rushed for 435 yards against Bridge City (in 92, I believe). He was virtually unstoppable that night, and I'm pretty sure he saw limited playing time in the second half.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JoesBros

well one i can remember on defense back in 99 when PNG played the mighty LaMarque Cougers in the quaterfinals in the dome. Chris Golhke Free Safety for PNG was letting it fly that game he had about three or four good licks on some Cougers and he broke one guys legs plus he had an interception.

• 2 months later...

michael bishop for willis in 1994 in a playoff game against lc-m at the reservation in port neches. he played quarterback and linebacker for willis and was incredible. he had the size and the moves and until i saw kenneth beasley this past year no one has made the game look so easy.

another one was in the 1992 4a state championship a&m consolidated and waxahachie. a guy named jeff watson for a&m he played quarter back and returned a kickoff back for a&m. they still lost to waxahachie who had thomas brooks as their defensive coordinator.

A kid name Michael Young that played for Central in a game vs Aldine Mac. He was in on every other tackle it seemed plus he played TE. I never seen a tackling clinic like he put on.

Guest Uncle Rico

I saw a young man named Vince Young play against Austin Westlake in 2001. Madison lost the game, but it one heck of a show...

In the late 70's Humble QB Mike Mosely had over 300 yards rushing in his final game - AND sat the bench the entire second half. Went on to play QB for A&M then WR for the Buffalo Bills.

That was when Humble played New Caney in 1977. Funny you mention that one of my buds and I were talking about that last night. He had 312 yards in the first half and Dad Sam Mosely sit him out. Same year he broke his foot was it not and they would have kicked the winnning field goal late when they lost to Hebert. They had the ball on the two yard line and could not score on four downs. If Mike does not break his ankle could have been different outcome.

Guest Techsan

Back in the mid 90's I went to a Vidor and I think North Shore Galena Park game Im not a hundred percent positive but I know it was a Houston school, there was this kid by the name of Columbus Willy that played for them and this kid ran up and down the field all night long. He scored on offense, he scored on defense, he scored on a kick return and a punt return. I distincly remember the guy in the booth calling the game after this kid had scored another touchdown in the last seconds of the game "HE SCORES ON OFFENSE, HE SCORES ON DEFENSE, HE SCORES ON SPECIAL TEAMS! HE'S HERE HE'S THERE HE'S EVERYWHERE TOUCHDOWN COLUMBUS WILLY!!!! Can say its one of the most memorable quotes from any football game Ive ever been to.

1995 4A Area Game: #3 Denison vs. #10 Sweetwater

Sweetwater's RB had run for over 2K yards and there had been a lot of smack talk heading into the game.

Reggie Hunt ended the smack talk by setting a school record for Denison while rushing for 347 yards. Hunt scored on TD runs of 57 yds, 53 yds, 42 yds, and 50 yds. Hunt was also the starting FS.

Sweetwater's RB ran for around 160 yds.

Hunt won the battle of the RB's and Denison won the game 34-18.

I have been blessed to see many other amazing performances by outstanding athletes from both Jasper and Denison.

One of my more memorable moments was "The Drive"(as Gary Stelley of KOGT named it).

It was 1997 we(WOS) were playing Jasper. It was a close game all the way. With under a minute and a half we had stoped them on their own 10 I believe. We were down 14 to 16(if my memory is correct). The Jasper punter had been punting 10 yarders all night, so we thought we had it won right there. Well of course, he punts the ball SEVENTY yards not 7, 70!!! We get the ball inside our own 10 and thats when QB Jermaine Feathers,WR Jamal Lowe, and of course our sure handed TE jason Taylor went to work. Long story short, them three drove the field with SPECTACULAR catches. Jason Taylor makes a diving catch on the 33 yd line with 3 seconds left and barely calls timeout. We go on to kick a 43 yard fieldgoal with time expired to win 17-16.

Just another classic between Jasper and WOS!!!!

Oh I also think one of the best is the 2005 playoffs when we beat the snot out of Palestine. The performance wasnt even a player. It was coach Foreman of WOS dancing on the sidelines toward the end of the fourth quarter. He was getting down.

Coach Foreman......dont quit yor day job :lol::lol:

Coop i know you saw this one. :D

That was when Humble played New Caney in 1977. Funny you mention that one of my buds and I were talking about that last night. He had 312 yards in the first half and Dad Sam Mosely sit him out. Same year he broke his foot was it not and they would have kicked the winnning field goal late when they lost to Hebert. They had the ball on the two yard line and could not score on four downs. If Mike does not break his ankle could have been different outcome.

You are right - what a game!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder