Best Individual Performance You've Witnessed

Guest GoStangs

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cherokee Nation

well one i can remember on defense back in 99 when PNG played the mighty LaMarque Cougers in the quaterfinals in the dome. Chris Golhke Free Safety for PNG was letting it fly that game he had about three or four good licks on some Cougers and he broke one guys legs plus he had an interception.

Gohlke was a monster that game as was Dustin Long. This was Dustin's best performance he ever had in my opinion. Lamarque had been to 6 straight state championships and were calling Dustin out in the Houston Chronicle saying he had never seen pressure like they were going to put on him. He went on to complete like 21 of 25 passes for 300 yards and 3 TD's. He also had close to 100 yards rushing. PN-G won the game and advanced to the semi-finals.

Reggie McNeal in the 2001 state game.......and the week before that in the driving rainstorm in Tyler......man im still soaked from that game thats how hard it was raining and it was cold, i stayed around though, was sick in Houston the next week though.

and Jamaal vs Katy in 2003..........If Gorrer doesnt get hurt in that game Jamaal single handedly takes out Katy.

seen alot but if I had to rank the ones I have seen I would say

1. Vince Young-whatever game you went to was the greatest performance

2 Jordan Shipley- his state championship game his sr year they lost but he ran the opening kickoff back and multipile receving td's

3. Dustin Long " SHSU QB"- agains waller in the playoffs

4. Adrian Peterson "a freak"- whenever he played Huntsville the guy was automatic for ouver 300 and 4 td's

5t. Robbert Merril "was from San Antonio Taft played at TCU- against Pearland in the dome it was state semi's had over 200yds and 3 tds

5t Deon Beasley -saw him 3 times and all 3 times if the game got close he put wo-s on his back and carried them to victory except wimberly but they ran into better team

• 8 months later...
Guest Indian Chief

Gohlke was a monster that game as was Dustin Long. This was Dustin's best performance he ever had in my opinion. Lamarque had been to 6 straight state championships and were calling Dustin out in the Houston Chronicle saying he had never seen pressure like they were going to put on him. He went on to complete like 21 of 25 passes for 300 yards and 3 TD's. He also had close to 100 yards rushing. PN-G won the game and advanced to the semi-finals.

Kerry Franks of WO-S as well put on a show i believe it was in 2000 against us.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Orangeboy

1996 BC's Bryan Bock rushed for over 300 yards in the pouring rain against Vidor. Scored one of his TD's without one of his shoes. ;D

Also was tearing up WOS that same year before the infamous Hooks calling the game for lighting. ::) Came back the next day and still tore the Stangs up. BC's defense just let them down late in the game.

Hmmm... Weird. I thought the refs had the final say in calling a game in obviously unsafe conditions. But I guess if you're desperate enough to beat a team, you're willing to lose a few players/fans to lightning (I was there - it was BAD). I also can't figure out how it affected the outcome, but honestly I had forgotten about that game. No BC nightmares here in WO.

Then again, one of my all-time performances was QB Eric Anderson against BC in 94 or 95 at BC, when he ran for 210 yards on nine carries.

Back in 2000 WO-S's Jeff Thibodeaux turned in an awesome game in the semifinals against Calallen. He returned the opening kickoff to the 50, then caught a 50-yard TD pass on the first play from scrimmage. Among other feats in that game, he also returned a fumble about 35 yards for a TD and then picked off the Calallen QB to seal the game (one of two INTs) and move on to the state championship.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami