Former Huffman QB Cole Harrell has passed

BADSANTA

This was very sad to hear, however their is a bright side to this as well. Cole was an organ donor. His heart is being transplanted into a very deserving young man who I happen to know. This young man has attended a few high school games with me. Please say a prayer for him too.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin

• I would not say NO ONE REALLY CARES WHAT HAPPENS WITH BASEBALL.. All you have to do is go to Ford Park every weekend and look at how much money parents pour into baseball.. lol I get what you are saying.. but look at it from this point of view... WINS look good on resume correct? Would a AD do better if he has all his multi-sport kids stay in his program? Again they are usually the more athletic kid. Is his actions driving away the more athletic kids to "concentrate on one sport"? Sometimes more is not better.. Kids get burned out really quick if they believe their AD/Coach does not care about their personal athletic dreams and desires.  Like I said.. a Good AD knows how to navigate this issue. 
    • Never understood why you can't be good at all 4 major sports. If you are talented enough, and athletic enough to be a Regional Finalist football team, then you would think you would be athletic enough to at least be competitive in basketball. If you wanted to be...... And as big a baseball town as Jasper is, where did that tradition go? Where are those kids now?
    • Can't blame the AD. Texas is a Football mecca. If an AD does poorly in football, but decent in baseball, he may be looking for another job soon. If he does great in football, then no one really cares what happens with baseball, generally speaking. He's trying to keep a job and bolster his resume' for the next chance to promote his career.
    • there won't be a scheduling problem... cause AD's don't allow them to play.. its a nice double standard they like to use.
    • Sorry, I didn't know that. I guess they can do both, and if there is a schedule problem, the kid will have to decide.
  • Topics